• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Another polished gun!

This is a discussion on Another polished gun! within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by ZONES I do like, allot. Will have to see if I want to do that to a future XD, just not one ...

Old 05-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #31
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 73617
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONES View Post
I do like, allot. Will have to see if I want to do that to a future XD, just not one I carry.

Great work sir!

Thanks man
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #32
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 68720
That's awesome! Nice work
TXtahoeZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #33
XDTalk Member

Member #: 72069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
Thanks for the compliments guys... here are the pics of the gun all put together... the barrel is also done, but doesn't look as bright due to the oil I put on it ... in person it looks much better, but this is the best I can do with a camera phone. Also note again that the top was left matte finished so there would be no glare on the top of it.

Shinny is not my thing but that looks really good. Any plans to fill in the logos and lettering?
Noobie1kNoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #34
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 67772
Very nice!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
bbalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #35
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobie1kNoobie View Post
Shinny is not my thing but that looks really good. Any plans to fill in the logos and lettering?

i'm not sure yet... I have thought about filling them, just to add a bit of an accent to the letters and such... in person they are very visible though so I think i'll just leave it the way it is.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #36
XDTalk 100 Member

pic of my friends XD with the slide on the gun.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #37
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 35552
what did you do to get her to look like that? Did you use a sanding block if so what grips, files, polish and a wheel?
neginfluence04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #38
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neginfluence04 View Post
what did you do to get her to look like that? Did you use a sanding block if so what grips, files, polish and a wheel?
I actually did very little sanding, as there is no need to take the metal down any further than necessary. No files or anything and any sand was done by hand. I mainly use the sanding part to just cut that top bi-tone finish down and then it goes to the wheel where I go through multiple compounds. It's a good 5-10 hour job. If anyone happens to be interested ... i'll be glad to do it for 50.00 if they want to pay shipping. I'm not into it for business, but it does look cool lol.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #39
XDTalk Member

Member #: 77937
I've taken the time to polish stainless like you on classic car parts...NOT easy and is a ton of hard work....more like a labor of love. By you offering to do this for folks for $50...well...that's one heck of a deal. Folks if you have never done this before, might not want to try your first time on an XD/m. For $50 bucks, you have expert work!
Dallas70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #40
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas70 View Post
I've taken the time to polish stainless like you on classic car parts...NOT easy and is a ton of hard work....more like a labor of love. By you offering to do this for folks for $50...well...that's one heck of a deal. Folks if you have never done this before, might not want to try your first time on an XD/m. For $50 bucks, you have expert work!
lol thanks man, I appreciate it. I really just like to make things shine lol. I've done it with car exhausts, I did a friends intake, carb, and everything else that was aluminum under there. I bought this AWESOME looking exhaust for my old 370z and it was already polished, but you could see the lines in it still... I didn't like that, so I polished the whole thing on that too. I detail cars and so the polishing has become almost an obsession since the exhaust and shiny parts really bring the finished product out so much.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

Search tags for this page

how to polish aluminum gun parts

polish slide xdm
polish xdm slide

polished

polished gun

polished guns

polished pistols

polished xd slide

polishing aluminum gun frame
xdm 3.8 polished slide
xdm 9mm polished guide rod
xdm bitone rust
Click on a term to search for related topics.