• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Another polished gun!

This is a discussion on Another polished gun! within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; WOW, That is such an amazing job I can see part of your reflection, your wearing blue jeans and forgot to shave...

Old 05-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #21
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 46504
WOW, That is such an amazing job I can see part of your reflection, your wearing blue jeans and forgot to shave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #22
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 73486
Very interesting. How were you able to avoid polishing inside the serrations? Do you think the slide will be more rust prone? (I know Melonite is bathed into the metal but I am curious about your view.)
Stratajema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #23
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 53346
Great job. i have been thinking of getting a SS slide from my xdm. but that is just killer
Falcon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #24
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 62166
The first pics of just the slide do not do it justice...
THIS IS SWEET!!!!
mficare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:57 AM   #25
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 73617
Quote:
Originally Posted by repilce View Post
I have to say, makes me want to do it to my bi-tone. Looks real sweet, like chrome. I bet you keep a towel close by though for prints lol.
Yes indeed I do
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:02 AM   #26
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratajema View Post
Very interesting. How were you able to avoid polishing inside the serrations? Do you think the slide will be more rust prone? (I know Melonite is bathed into the metal but I am curious about your view.)
Yeah I wanted to keep inside of it matte, everything was taped off and I use special sanding methods so that nothing in there gets sanded. I believe the bi-tone slide is stainless, but i'm not sure... I also did my friends XD, but his was all black so I actually did what I call a shadow finish on it where it's sanded and buffed, but still has a black hue to it... hard to explain. I'll get some pics of it up, but i'll have to get him to email them to me.

As far as the rust goes. Never dull is excellent stuff to use and so after the gun has been handled, a quick rubdown with a little of that keeps rust away. Water and air make rust, so I guess the other part is don't get your gun wet
Old 05-06-2012, 02:07 AM   #27
XDTalk 100 Member

Like I have said as well guys I have a lot of experience with metal polishing as well so I didn't go into it flying blind. I was very hung up on looks of the gun and not enough of how it felt, but the XD fit my hand like it was made for it and I wanted it right away. After that is when I figured I would use what I knew since I wanted the polished look.

I have considered at this point sending it out and getting it powdercoated into black chrome which looks great over a polished or chrome surface. For now though I will stick with this. I just love to look at it haha.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #28
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
Yeah I wanted to keep inside of it matte, everything was taped off and I use special sanding methods so that nothing in there gets sanded. I believe the bi-tone slide is stainless, but i'm not sure... I also did my friends XD, but his was all black so I actually did what I call a shadow finish on it where it's sanded and buffed, but still has a black hue to it... hard to explain. I'll get some pics of it up, but i'll have to get him to email them to me.

As far as the rust goes. Never dull is excellent stuff to use and so after the gun has been handled, a quick rubdown with a little of that keeps rust away. Water and air make rust, so I guess the other part is don't get your gun wet
Yes please
pual0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #29
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72652
I do like, allot. Will have to see if I want to do that to a future XD, just not one I carry.

Great work sir!
Old 05-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #30
XDTalk 100 Member

Ok, here was my friends slide... not quite completed, but you sort of get the idea.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

Search tags for this page

how to polish aluminum gun parts

polish slide xdm
polish xdm slide

polished

polished guide rod xdm

polished gun

polished guns

polished pistols

polished xd slide

polishing aluminum firearm
polishing aluminum gun frame
renaissance
where can i get my gun polished in washington
xdm 3.8 polished slide
xdm 9mm polished guide rod
xdm bitone rust
Click on a term to search for related topics.