• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Best Conceal-carry Holster for XDM 45 3.8 Compact?

This is a discussion on Best Conceal-carry Holster for XDM 45 3.8 Compact? within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by kpromero Larry, Guy from Louisiana here that talked to you today. I wear a 1.5" belt and does that make a difference ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) » Best Conceal-carry Holster for XDM 45 3.8 Compact?

Old 03-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #31
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 14657
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpromero View Post
Larry, Guy from Louisiana here that talked to you today. I wear a 1.5" belt and does that make a difference on my order?
You should be fine..Usually make them 1.75.Thank you very much for your order..Larry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Gun-Works.com is wholly owned subsidiary of Tennessee Holster Company, LLC
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

-

-

-
(Gun Belts, Money Belts, embossed Belts)
-
Houseboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #32
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 91390
RE: Serpa CQC holster for XDm 3.8 Compact .45 APC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnoxville View Post
How about a holster update.

I called Serpa and they said they didn't make a CQC for the XDm 3.8 .45.

At any rate, I just got a XDm 3.8 in .45 and am looking for a OWB paddle holster.

Or.

Something that will fit tight with a cant.

I'm a newbie to XDTalk (just got my XDm 3.8 Compact .45 ACP two months ago), so take this advice for what it's worth, and if you've already found a solution, my apologies, but I called Blackhawk and asked them directly if their holster for the XD 4.0 Compact .45 ACP would also work for the XDm 3.8 Compact .45 ACP, and was told "yes" (the guns' dimensions are so similar, I didn't see why it wouldn't work).

I need a left-hand holster, so I ordered the 410507BK-L, where a right-hand holster would be the 410507BK-R. It came with both belt and paddle attachments, and can be set at several different angles.

The end of the holster extends about 5/16" past the muzzle, which I don't mind (I consider it "muzzle protection"), and otherwise fits just fine. I wanted a Serpa after seeing it demonstrated by my carry instructor (all the safety caveats to the contrary; you just have to use a proper finger index).

I still want to get a good IWB holster, though, as the CQC is good if my cover garment is long enough, but I'd like something in a "tuckable."
Trumpet001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #33
XDTalk Member

Member #: 92291
Best Conceal-carry Holster for XDM 45 3.8 Compact?

Don't forget a good belt! It will make most good holsters that much better. On that note, Cross Breed SuperTuk with their belt.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #34
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 79418
Quote:
Originally Posted by loach View Post
Theis Holsters. Tommy Theis has superb customer service. Combat cut is standard, and the holster in horsehide is only $65. I don't have a CBST, but seems to be about the same for significantly less (about $30 less). It ships with clips to fit a 1.5" belt, so if you have a 1.75" gun belt like I do, be sure to put it in the special instructions that you need 1.75" clips.

Yes, it does mean you have to at a minimum loosen your pants / belt to put it on just like CBST, but it doesn't bother me. I normally leave the holster on all day and just remove the firearm if I need to. Ha! I'm doing that right now and completely forgot I was even wearing the holster. Had to remove the firearm because I needed to enter a place that does not allow firearms.

I love the Theis holster, so comfortable I don't even know I have it. I even started to use my full sized (19 round 9mm mag) instead of the compact mag because it is comfortable enough to do so.

I use this IWB between 3:30-5:30. I like it there and it is probably too big to use for IAWB (12:30-2:30). In fact, Tommy will tell you to not use it for appendix carry.

Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters

For OWB, I use the Blackhawk CQC Serpa, love that too, but now prefer my IWB Theis for most daily carries.

I tried an N82Tactical, but didn't seem to do well with my XDm in an appendix carry configuration. The XDm has a very square front post that catches on the elastic for the way that I draw (the angle the gun comes out). When I use it behind the hip, the problem seems to go away, but since I love my Theis so much I won't be using the N82 for IWB.

I did try this N82 holster with my wife's PPQ and it seemed to work well in either IAWB or IWB. The front post of the PPQ is slanted, so it does not catch on the elastic, unlike the XDm front sight.

I'm returning the N82 and the guys there were great about it. They have a different version (Pro) that I'm going to get instead. It looks like it might work well for AIWB. It is plastic / suede instead of elastic / suede.
I have one of Tommy's single clip holsters and I like it. Just received it yesterday. It's horse hide since I'm in warm weather and single clip as like you, I like to be able to take it on and off easily. I'm left handed and wear it between 10 and 12 depending on the pants and situation.
Piratesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #35
LSL
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 63650
Mine is from Triple T Holsters <Index >
This is a family-owned business, locally made (Houston area).
The website is not flashy, but the holsters are great, solid, comfortable, and reasonably priced.

ARRL / HLSR / NRA
SA XDM 3.8 compact 9mm
with IWB of kydex/horsehide made by Triple T Holsters
Ruger LC9
Walther P22
LSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:58 AM   #36
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 91609
The original post was on 8 March. I hope he has a holster by now.
So what did you get?
JRxdm4045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #37
XDTalk Member

Member #: 93102
The best is whatever, fits your body most comfortably and maintains concealment
CZ 75 9mm Custom
SPFA .38 Super Comp
BHP 9mm Custom
NRA Life Member
USPSA Life Member
IDPA
zMot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #38
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 36528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboat View Post
If you are looking for a holster that is tight to the body check this out..We have a hard time keeping these in stock.. $45.00 ships in a couple of days..
That looks really nice. $45 isn't bad either. Do u make it for any xdm?
meaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #39
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 14657
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaty View Post
That looks really nice. $45 isn't bad either. Do u make it for any xdm?
Yes we do..

Gun-Works.com is wholly owned subsidiary of Tennessee Holster Company, LLC
-

-

-

-
(Gun Belts, Money Belts, embossed Belts)
-
Houseboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #40
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 82048
I bought the N82tactical for my XDM .45 compact. It's great. Took about 3 or 4 days to arrive after ordering from their site. I have searched all the local gun stores and have never been able to find anything specifically designed for my gun. Either they are always out of stock or they are poorly labeled so that finding what I need has been impossible. So I tend to order most of my accessories online. Just google N82tactical for their website.
SUICIDEJOCK is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

Search tags for this page
best 45 compact
best concealed 45
best holster xdm
concealment holsters for xdm .45
springfield xdm 45 3.8 iwb holster
top rated concealed carry holster
xd compact 45 holster
xdm 3.8 holster
xdm 40 3.8 holster

xdm 45 3.8 holster

xdm 45 compact concealed holster

xdm 45 compact holster

Click on a term to search for related topics.