• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Thinking of upgrading my XDM...

This is a discussion on Thinking of upgrading my XDM... within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by Falcon31 prp ultimate trigger kit. truglo tfo's. and a stainless steel guide rod. those or the mods i have made. oh and ...

Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #31
XDTalk Member

Member #: 69266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon31 View Post
prp ultimate trigger kit. truglo tfo's. and a stainless steel guide rod. those or the mods i have made. oh and i polished the end of my barrel. black barrel chrome looking end. hey it matches the SS guide rode
why send your pistol to prp or some other company for a trigger job when springfield can do it?
DeadI is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #32
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 68700
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJay03 View Post
I dont see how anything like that could affect you in court...I can see it affecting you if you said Im sorry I didnt mean to shoot them...I dont know just doesnt make sense to me but I hate politics and stupid laws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagerHead View Post
I have seen lawyers chime in that they are not aware of a single instance where anyone has won any damages due to a trigger job being done. Besides that, if it's a justifiable shoot how your gun was set up is going to matter exactly zilch. It's just legal paranoia as far as I'm concerned.
I have to agree with these two, that line of reasoning makes very little sense(although, there is a lot in courts that does not).

I can only see two scenarios where trigger modifications(and none others) could possibly be problem: 1) a defense of "accidental discharge", or 2) a claim against the shooter which states that more rounds were fired than needed to successfully defend oneself - excessive force.

Otherwise, if the victim's statement is that they raised their gun with the sole intention of shooting the attacker (multiple times) in self-defense, the trigger was going to be pulled whether it is set to 10 lbs or 3 lbs. And, private citizens are not held to the same standard of performance as law enforcement officers, who are professionals by training and trade. Multiple shots fired is defensible, unless the attacker was already down. At which point, trigger pull really doesn't matter.
Moebius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #33
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 69847
@LagerHead: Excellent video! I am sure it goes without saying how many people you have instilled confidence in attempting these trigger jobs, certainly myself included. I can't wait for the PRP Ultimate Kit to come back in stock and do this upgrade myself. Don't get me wrong, the PRP videos are second to none when it comes to installing their product, however it is great to see someone do it who isn't a "professional". Thanks again.
Dhoward636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #34
XDTalk Member

Member #: 69266
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadI View Post
why send your pistol to prp or some other company for a trigger job when springfield can do it?

anyone have a take on this?
DeadI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #35
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 25307
My ultimate match kit should be in the mail today. I ordered a dons guide rod last week also from another store but was sent the wrong size ugh.

JJay03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #36
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 39646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Brosef View Post
I've been doing some research and I'm torn as to what to do....I already have night sights and now I'm looking to do more. I'm thinking of getting a new trigger...and was curious as to your guys thoughts on other upgrades.

The others I was considering are a Barsto match barrel and possibly a slide cut

It has been my experience with anything in life the more you alter the original design the less relaible it becomes. At the most a trigger job then let it be if this is a carry piece, now if your building a range whore for attention then waste that money and get that sucker TACTICOOL'd out!!
powerstrokin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #37
XDTalk Member

Member #: 67493
Done a few mods, what is the main benefit of upgrading to the stainless guide rod?
Ruger 10/22 ATI
AR being currently built
Offensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #38
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 50131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offensive View Post
Done a few mods, what is the main benefit of upgrading to the stainless guide rod?
I think it makes it heavier in the front and lessens the muzzle flip
Sniper Brosef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:32 AM   #39
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 70162
Just installed a Powder River Precision Drop-In Trigger Kit into my XDm 5.25 9mm and what an incredible improvement over the original trigger. The original trigger is good but now my gun has a great trigger.

- Significantly reduced pre-travel
- Reduces pull to 3.5 - 4.5 lbs
- Virtually eliminates over travel
- Significantly reduces reset

This trigger kit is easy to install. I have never done something like this and I did the work while watching the YouTube tutorial on the PRP website. The kit provides a competition trigger spring and competition striker spring, as well as their standard trigger/striker springs, plus a reduced compression striker safety spring. Also includes a trigger with a nub on the back to eliminate the over travel.
andrsnsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:46 AM   #40
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 54724
My Trigger

After about 1500 rds my trigger is beautiful as it was from start . I beleive don't fix what aint broke
Briggs6951 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

springfield, upgrades, xdm

Search tags for this page
apex trigger xdm
best springfield xdm upgrades
best upgrades for xdm
best way to polish a xdm barrel

best xdm upgrades

polish xdm sear
polishing a barrel crown
what can you do to improve the springfield xdm
xdm apex trigger upgrade
xdm barrel crown
xdm barrel crowning
xdm recommended upgrades
xdm sear mod
xdm upgrade parts

xdm upgrades

xds upgrades
Click on a term to search for related topics.