• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

4.5 vs 5.25 .45 XDm

This is a discussion on 4.5 vs 5.25 .45 XDm within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by AZXD I'm still waiting for that test to be published. You should go ahead and produce, process, and document your findings!...

Old 09-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #11
XDTalk Member

Member #: 63233
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZXD View Post
I'm still waiting for that test to be published.
You should go ahead and produce, process, and document your findings!
Hegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #12
XDTalk 35K Member

Member #: 15886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegs View Post
You should go ahead and produce, process, and document your findings!
Send me a ransom style rest, and a few guns
AZXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #13
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Send me a ransom style rest, and a few guns
How about I create the Excel Template for your statistics!?
...I'm an engineer, its what I do, and come to think of it, its what I should be doing right now *shrug*
Old 09-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #14
XDTalk 35K Member

Member #: 15886
Quote:
How about I create the Excel Template for your statistics!?
...I'm an engineer, its what I do, and come to think of it, its what I should be doing right now *shrug*
I can handle that, and seriously,
I was advised, when I questioned the accuracy of the 5.25, that a well known, and sponsored shooter, was conducting a test, and the data would be published, soon.

That statement is on this forum, and I sensed a bit of hostility for even questioning how much more accurate the gun is than the other XD/XDm's ... I'll wait for that article.

$$$
AZXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #15
XDTalk Member

Member #: 60159
Quote:
I can handle that, and seriously,
I was advised, when I questioned the accuracy of the 5.25, that a well known, and sponsored shooter, was conducting a test, and the data would be published, soon.

That statement is on this forum, and I sensed a bit of hostility for even questioning how much more accurate the gun is than the other XD/XDm's ... I'll wait for that article.

$$$
Have you ever shot this pistol? The bottom line is - NO. Why do you continue to post negative comments before actually trying this pistol out?
Old 09-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #16
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgrant View Post
Have you ever shot this pistol? The bottom line is - NO. Why do you continue to post negative comments before actually trying this pistol out?
Your signature says SA XDM 5.25" but doesn't say which caliber, therefore am I correct in assuming it is the 9mm? I only assume because at one point the 9mm was the only 5.25". Either way can you let me know your thoughts on the factory sight picture? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:43 PM   #17
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Your signature says SA XDM 5.25" but doesn't say which caliber, therefore am I correct in assuming it is the 9mm? I only assume because at one point the 9mm was the only 5.25". Either way can you let me know your thoughts on the factory sight picture? Thanks in advance.
I just changed my signature to reflect the 5.25 9mm. I think my signature has made me a braggart and I don't want to be thought of that way.

The factory sights on the 5.25 are the best sights I have seen on a stock auto pistol - and match most of my revolvers (except the Colt King Cobra of course).
Old 09-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #18
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 51040
In my experience the xd's and xdm's shoot similarly. But i like my xdm compact best.

That said i wont be buying any more xd's because i like the xdm in my hands and not because it shoots better but just feels right. I'm always for value so its not because its a more expensive gun or what not. It just feels better. That said my xd40sc is my carry. Dont try to figure me out or question why. It just is.

My 5.25 actually shoots worse than my xdm compact for now because i havent gotten used to it. Although I can tell it has great potential for better accuracy. But thats just my early biased observation
XDM9CWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #19
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDM9CWA View Post
In my experience the xd's and xdm's shoot similarly. But i like my xdm compact best.

That said i wont be buying any more xd's because i like the xdm in my hands and not because it shoots better but just feels right. I'm always for value so its not because its a more expensive gun or what not. It just feels better. That said my xd40sc is my carry. Dont try to figure me out or question why. It just is.

My 5.25 actually shoots worse than my xdm compact for now because i havent gotten used to it. Although I can tell it has great potential for better accuracy. But thats just my early biased observation
My 5.25 actually shoots worse than my xdm compact for now because i havent gotten used to it.

Are you shooting at close ranges like <= 15 yards?
Old 09-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #20
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 51040
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgrant View Post
Are you shooting at close ranges like <= 15 yards?
yes. But same thing happens when i use the full length magazine extension on my xdmc. So i know its me
XDM9CWA is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

competition series, night sights, potential buyer, springfield promotion, xdm .45

Search tags for this page
-4.50 vs-5.25 contacts whis is stronger
better choice 5.25 xdm or 4.5 xdm
springfield xd 45 vs 5.25 xd
xdm .45 5.25
xdm 4.5 versus 5.25

xdm 4.5 vs 5.25

xdm 4.5 vs xdm 5.25

xdm 45 4.5

xdm 45 4.5 vs 5.25

xdm 45 5.25
xdm 45 5.25 vs 4.5
xdm 45 competition model vs xdm 45
xdm 45 vs xdm 5.25
xdm 5.25 45
xdm vs xdm competition
Click on a term to search for related topics.