• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDm 9mm 5.25 comp question(s)

This is a discussion on XDm 9mm 5.25 comp question(s) within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by Musclford Any advice on buying on line versus locally? I don't mind paying a little more to keep my money in the ...

Old 09-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #21
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclford View Post
Any advice on buying on line versus locally? I don't mind paying a little more to keep my money in the town I live,, and BASS Pro Shops opens 2 miles from me next week.. Not sure if they will have any.. but I've heard they do have a shooting range...

I think I'm leaning on the 5.25 vx the 4.5 and the bitone.. I don't sell my guns, when I buy them I keep them.. so a little more cash now means nothing over 30 years. IMO..

I know I have to pay and exchage fee of 25.00 at one store, but it still may offset the tax savings... just not sure what to do if I have issues with the gun. decisions decisions..

This will be my first semi-auto.. been shooting 357 revolvers.... anxious to get one of these..
I prefer to buy guns locally and would not consider otherwise, however, my first choice is real local shop and not a chain sporting goods department store, where the help consists of minimum wage kids whose knowledge of fireams came from the movies. We've got Bass Pro Shops and Gander Mountain here, and I've from time to time walked past the handgun counters. I'm not impressed. At my shop, I see the same guys year after year. Their prices are still reasonable ($569 for the XDm-45 all black), and they know me, in case I want to come it to just handle a few new guns. While they don't have an inhouse gunsmith, they do know the best guys in the area.

On the matter of the gun, I find the XDm-45 in the 4.5" barrel is about as big a gun as I can carry concealed without bruising a rib or poking a hole in my car seat, although I guess that's a moot point to someone living in the last no-concealed-carry state (sorry, didn't mean to rub it in).
Remove Ads
Old 09-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #22
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 63379
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburychka View Post
I prefer to buy guns locally and would not consider otherwise, however, my first choice is real local shop and not a chain sporting goods department store, where the help consists of minimum wage kids whose knowledge of fireams came from the movies. We've got Bass Pro Shops and Gander Mountain here, and I've from time to time walked past the handgun counters. I'm not impressed. At my shop, I see the same guys year after year. Their prices are still reasonable ($569 for the XDm-45 all black), and they know me, in case I want to come it to just handle a few new guns. While they don't have an inhouse gunsmith, they do know the best guys in the area.

On the matter of the gun, I find the XDm-45 in the 4.5" barrel is about as big a gun as I can carry concealed without bruising a rib or poking a hole in my car seat, although I guess that's a moot point to someone living in the last no-concealed-carry state (sorry, didn't mean to rub it in).
Ouch, you know how to hurt a guy, but what do you expect from a state where Obama came from

I don't plan on carrying concealed, I just thought it would be nice to have the longer gun for my first semi....

I do plan on purchasing a 45 as my next gun... just wanted a 9mm for a fun target shooter with my buds.

Musclford
Musclford is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

5.25, comp, xdm 9mm 5.25

Search tags for this page
do they make a night sight for xdm competition 5.25
night gun sights for springfield xdm 5.25
night sights for xdm competition
review springfield xdm 9mm 5.25
springfield xdm 5.25 bitone review

springfield xdm 5.25 night sights

springfield xdm 9mm5.25
xd 5.25 45 super
xdm 5.25 9mm night sights
xdm 5.25 front sight night
xdm 9mm 5.25 review
xdm 9mm competition

xdm 9mm competition review

xdm 9mm5.25
xdm-9 4.5 rear
Click on a term to search for related topics.