• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDm 9mm 5.25 comp question(s)

This is a discussion on XDm 9mm 5.25 comp question(s) within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; try Sigsight they fit on my XD9 Service....

Old 09-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #11
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 56050
try Sigsight they fit on my XD9 Service.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolf Hitler,1935" Th
Lopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #12
XDTalk Member

Member #: 63233
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCreek View Post
Pick it up, clean it, shoot it, repeat.
Is it necessary to clean an XD out of the box prior to shooting it? I have never cleaned my pistols until after shooting them first.
Hegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #13
XDTalk Member

Member #: 63233
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberiad View Post
I wouldn't think the market for an adjustable night sight to replace the 5.25 rear sight is very large.
Is the adjustable rear replaceable though, even if that means with sights that may be fixed? I've never worked with adjustable rears on a handgun, so I am unsure of how they attach to the slide.

The reason I am asking is that I'm not sure I like not having the two dots on the rear sight pictured HERE, which is the only thing really holding me back from ordering one from my dealer at this time.
Hegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:25 PM   #14
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 63379
Any advice on buying on line versus locally? I don't mind paying a little more to keep my money in the town I live,, and BASS Pro Shops opens 2 miles from me next week.. Not sure if they will have any.. but I've heard they do have a shooting range...

I think I'm leaning on the 5.25 vx the 4.5 and the bitone.. I don't sell my guns, when I buy them I keep them.. so a little more cash now means nothing over 30 years. IMO..

I know I have to pay and exchage fee of 25.00 at one store, but it still may offset the tax savings... just not sure what to do if I have issues with the gun. decisions decisions..

This will be my first semi-auto.. been shooting 357 revolvers.... anxious to get one of these..
Musclford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:28 AM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 51522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclford View Post
Any advice on buying on line versus locally? I don't mind paying a little more to keep my money in the town I live,, and BASS Pro Shops opens 2 miles from me next week.. Not sure if they will have any.. but I've heard they do have a shooting range...

I think I'm leaning on the 5.25 vx the 4.5 and the bitone.. I don't sell my guns, when I buy them I keep them.. so a little more cash now means nothing over 30 years. IMO..

I know I have to pay and exchage fee of 25.00 at one store, but it still may offset the tax savings... just not sure what to do if I have issues with the gun. decisions decisions..

This will be my first semi-auto.. been shooting 357 revolvers.... anxious to get one of these..
I always feel it is better to find a good dealer, might be slightly higer than online but if he wants my business he will keep the prices resonable and the service excellent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

FN FNX-45 Tactical
XDm 4.5 9mm
Dan Wesson Valor .45
Dan Wesson Guardian .45
S&W PC 1911 Govt. & Bobtail .45
RIA 1911 Tactical .45
Colt 1908 .25 (100 years old)
Remington 700 Milspec 5r .308 w/4.5-30x scope
Head Down XPR-15 EBR in FDE .223
Arsenal SGL-21 (AK-47) 7.62
Sig P226 9mm
Sig 716 7.62
Marlin XT 22RO .22lr
Mossberg 590A1 12ga
Winchester model 37 12ga
Ruger MKIII 22lr
M&P 15-22 MOE FDE 22lr
M&P Shield 9mm
Ruger American .308
M&P 9 Vtac 9mm FDE
Enfield 303
Tavor .223
WV Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #16
XDTalk Member

Member #: 60159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegs View Post
Is it necessary to clean an XD out of the box prior to shooting it? I have never cleaned my pistols until after shooting them first.
I always do a simple breakdown of a pistol before shooting it for the first time. I clean off the original grease & oil and then put my own on it that I plan on using for the life of the pistol.

It's never been necessary - I just want to know what the internals look & feel like before I start to use a gun.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #17
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 27457
Powder River

Am getting my 5.25 45acp xdm Monday, hopefully, Ordered it from Powder River, $750.00 for black on black, They won't do you wrong.
carstensxd45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:56 PM   #18
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 42405
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilljr View Post
Trying to find night sights to put on mine. Any suggestions?
Sorry, I'm confused, why do you want night sights on your competition gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegs View Post
Is the adjustable rear replaceable though, even if that means with sights that may be fixed? I've never worked with adjustable rears on a handgun, so I am unsure of how they attach to the slide.

The reason I am asking is that I'm not sure I like not having the two dots on the rear sight pictured HERE, which is the only thing really holding me back from ordering one from my dealer at this time.
Try it for a few hundred rounds, it actually makes it easier to track the front sight.
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #19
XDTalk Member

Member #: 63561
[QUOTE=Conrad;3025794]Sorry, I'm confused, why do you want night sights on your competition gun?

Why not? 'Competition' is only a name and what the gun is optimised for. My XD9 is a 'Service', but I am not 'Serving'. Many use the XD/m 'Tactical' for competition, not for Combat.
I have a 'Guide' gun, but will never be a bear guide But it's a darn fine piece for SD against bears.

The gun may not necessarily be only used for competition. 20 rounds of 9mm in a gun you are intimately familiar with and can put rapid, accurate rounds through makes for a fine bedside HD or SD gun. Not everyone has the benefit (cash) to spend $800 on a gun that they will ONLY use for competition.

Depending who you go with (sight maker) some night sights are more visible than fiber in medocre light (cloudy days).
nbh40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #20
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 42405
[quote=nbh40;3026626]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
Sorry, I'm confused, why do you want night sights on your competition gun?

Why not? 'Competition' is only a name and what the gun is optimised for. My XD9 is a 'Service', but I am not 'Serving'. Many use the XD/m 'Tactical' for competition, not for Combat.
I have a 'Guide' gun, but will never be a bear guide But it's a darn fine piece for SD against bears.

The gun may not necessarily be only used for competition. 20 rounds of 9mm in a gun you are intimately familiar with and can put rapid, accurate rounds through makes for a fine bedside HD or SD gun. Not everyone has the benefit (cash) to spend $800 on a gun that they will ONLY use for competition.

Depending who you go with (sight maker) some night sights are more visible than fiber in medocre light (cloudy days).
Well, I would just think that if you're going to spend ~$700 on a gun, get the 4.5 that comes with night sights. Why pay a premium for a gun when one of the reasons for the cost is the competition sights?
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

5.25, comp, xdm 9mm 5.25

Search tags for this page
do they make a night sight for xdm competition 5.25
night sights for xdm competition
springfield comp 5.25 xdm 9mm

springfield xdm 5.25 night sights

springfield xdm 9mm5.25
xdm 5.25 9mm night sights
xdm 9 5.25 night sights
xdm 9mm 5.25 comp
xdm 9mm 5.25 review
xdm 9mm competition

xdm 9mm competition review

xdm 9mm5.25
Click on a term to search for related topics.