• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Recommended XDm accessories?

This is a discussion on Recommended XDm accessories? within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; I am getting an Xdm on my 21st B-Day (4 days) and was wondering if their are any accessories I may want to get? I ...

Old 05-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 58368
Question Recommended XDm accessories?

I am getting an Xdm on my 21st B-Day (4 days) and was wondering if their are any accessories I may want to get? I already ordered got a holster for CC (crossbreed quikclip) but wonder if their is anything else? I know it comes with a lot but wonder if their are any mods that may make the XDm even better. Thanks.

PS. I am new here, from SW Ohio.
spartan1039x is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 52548
Depends on how much you are willing to spend. I am currently in the process of cerakoting my SS slide on my XDMc 40 OD green, and getting the slide milled out for a red dot sight, as well as getting slanted serrations milled into the front of the slide,
PRP ultimate match trigger,

Stainless or titanium extended mag release,

striker,

indicators,

guide rod.
Podunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 58368
I am not in the position to dump much into it now but will add mads and accessories as I can save for them. I am looking at a lasermax guide rod laser for it and possibly a custom trigger setup. I like the trigger on the Xdm don't get me wrong, but I prefer a shorter trigger pull myself.
spartan1039x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 52478
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan1039x View Post
I am not in the position to dump much into it now but will add mads and accessories as I can save for them. I am looking at a lasermax guide rod laser for it and possibly a custom trigger setup. I like the trigger on the Xdm don't get me wrong, but I prefer a shorter trigger pull myself.
Magazines and ammo. Then decide what to change.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
SnowBlaZeR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49856
What ever you paid for the gun - spend that much on ammo over the next six months.
Bushdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 41133
I suggest don't get the Lasermax guide rod. I was told that anytime you wanted to zero the laser, change the battery, or have work done that you'd have to send it back to Lasermax to let them do the work. I'd rather zero my own pistol, not have to send it to a company and let them do it.

What does the XDm need? Nothing, but there's plenty of things you can want. Perhaps some form of white light. I'm looking at the Streamlight TL1 right now for my XDm. Alot of people upgrade from the normal 3-dot sights to night sights. I think Trijicon, TruGlo, and Metro are pretty good brands. Some people also add an enlarged magwell to make it easier for faster reloads. Also one of the main things I saw people buying for XDms were the Don's Guide Rods. They are a solid guide rod, instead of the hollow one the XDm comes with. It adds a little weight, and I guess the rod itself is stronger.

There's tons of other things to buy, and I suggest taking a look at www.PistolGear.com, because they have tons of stuff. Check the forums, there's several other companies that seem to specialize in Springfield XD and XDm's.

Though, like everyone else, I'm going to suggest buy atleast another extra magazine and plenty of ammo. Oh, and another thing, if you live in the lower states where it tends to stay very hot(like me), I would suggest also purchasing some kind of rubber grip sleeve. Pachmyr and Hogue both make some. My XDm gets real slippery once I've been shooting for a little and my hands get sweaty.
-Springfield Armory XD SC 9mm-
-RIA FS Tactical 1911 .45 5"-
-Saiga 12ga-
-Savage Model 111 .300 Win Mag-
-Mossberg 500a Mariner 12ga-
-Ruger 10/22 Carbine .22LR-
-Armi Tanfoglio Giuseppe Mod GT27 .25ACP-
-Single Action "Western Six" Kimel Ind. .22LR-
IAmKalashnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 51450
Congratulations!

I'd recommend:
  • Several additional magazines to save time at the range. I have eight.
  • A UpLula magazine speed loader. The best $30 you'll ever spend, in my opinion.
  • TruGlo Tritium Fiber Optic pistol sights.

Whatever you do, you'll have a great time with the gun.
twowinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #8
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 47176
Do NOT get the Lasermax Guide Rod LASER. Had nothing but problems with mine, and the finicky battery cap would not fit securely. Always was worried that the guide rod would shift off the barrel and jam the gun.

Don't forget the UPLULA mag loader....Its a must accessory.....
SA Trophy Match 1911
LJenkmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #9
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 30502
Welcome to the forum! Which XDm are you planning on buying? The two upgrades I've done to mine were a solid stainless guide rod and the "Match Easy" trigger kit from Powder River Precision. Shortens the take-up and reset and lightens pull to around 4# and the trigger stop eliminates overtravel. I am very pleased with the outcome and probably won't mod any further.

The truth about OSS data and wound ballistics:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Get the complete picture here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
57K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #10
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 33132
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan1039x View Post
I am getting an Xdm on my 21st B-Day (4 days) and was wondering if their are any accessories I may want to get? I already ordered got a holster for CC (crossbreed quikclip) but wonder if their is anything else? I know it comes with a lot but wonder if their are any mods that may make the XDm even better. Thanks.

PS. I am new here, from SW Ohio.
All you need is lots of ammo and range time! The pistol is fine right from the box.

don
dglock is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

Search tags for this page
springfield armory xdm accessories
springfield xd 40 accessories
springfield xd accessories
springfield xdm 40 accessories
springfield xdm 45 accessories
springfield xdm 9mm 4.5 accessories

springfield xdm accessories

xdm 4.5 accessories
xdm 40 accessories
xdm 45 4.5 accessories
xdm 45 accessories

xdm accessories

Click on a term to search for related topics.