• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

What accessories come in the case of XDM 3.8" 9MM Compact?

This is a discussion on What accessories come in the case of XDM 3.8" 9MM Compact? within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; I went to the store and handled and XDM 9MM Compact with the extended magazine....loved it! I also really liked the S&W M&P 9MM Compact....felt ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) » What accessories come in the case of XDM 3.8" 9MM Compact?

Old 02-13-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 53758
What accessories come in the case of XDM 3.8" 9MM Compact?

I went to the store and handled and XDM 9MM Compact with the extended magazine....loved it! I also really liked the S&W M&P 9MM Compact....felt really nice.

I did not get to see the case or any packaging. What should I expect to receive with the set? It looks like there is a plastic-type holster in there from the pictures I've seen but I figured you all would be able to answer it quicker. I want to make sure it comes with everything it is supposed to/make sure they don't remove anything from it.

If it comes with a holster, can you describe it and what type it is (side, iwb, pocket etc...). I am going to test for my CCW and need a side-draw holster. I am also right handed and left-eye dominant, so I may want an ambidextrious holster in the future.

I fell in love with this gun yesterday....too bad my Federal Tax Return got stopped up and they won't process it until tomorrow because I filed for certain exemptions. I was expecting the money in hand by tomorrow so I could go buy a gun...I'll have to settle for layaway I guess.

Thanks in advance.
obsessis is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 50771
Comes with:

Plastic paddle holster
Plastic Mag loader
Gun lock
Extended rd 19 mag
Flush fit 13rd mag
(2) interchangeable backstraps besides the one on the gun
(2) interchangeable extended mag straps besides the one on the extended mag
All manuals / papers under the foam in the upper lid of the case
small white envelope with a fired casing from the gun and the date it was fired
"Lord make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let NOT my last thought be if I only had my gun.....and lord.....if today is truly the day that you call me home.....let me die in a empty pile of brass"
Sublimeon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Wow, thanks for the quick reply.

Can you comment on the quality of the holster? What style it is, how it connects to the belt? I ask because I was planning on having to purchase one for my CCW permit. Will it be a standard side-holster that will work for my test or is it a dud? I'd be able to save $40 - $60 and not have to buy a holster if it comes with one that's usable in the meantime....put that money towards my test.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 50771
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessis View Post
Wow, thanks for the quick reply.

Can you comment on the quality of the holster? What style it is, how it connects to the belt? I ask because I was planning on having to purchase one for my CCW permit. Will it be a standard side-holster that will work for my test or is it a dud? I'd be able to save $40 - $60 and not have to buy a holster if it comes with one that's usable in the meantime....put that money towards my test.
deff purchase a nice aftermarket one........the stock one is good enough to use if your going to range or something where open carry is permitted and you want to practice "drawing from the hip", but not much more then that IMO...........A few of us have found that the factory plastic holster scratches the finish on the slide slightly due to a really tight fit..........It does not attach to a belt.........its a paddle holster which means you slip it in the top of your pants against your hip and the gun rides on the outside of the top of your pants
"Lord make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let NOT my last thought be if I only had my gun.....and lord.....if today is truly the day that you call me home.....let me die in a empty pile of brass"
Sublimeon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Yeah, for the short-term I will need a side-carry holster to draw from and fire for the CCW firing test. This sounds like it will work.

What aftermarket holsters do people find work well with this gun? Leather vs plastic? Any of your opinions/tips would be appreciated.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 53296
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessis View Post
Yeah, for the short-term I will need a side-carry holster to draw from and fire for the CCW firing test. This sounds like it will work.

What aftermarket holsters do people find work well with this gun? Leather vs plastic? Any of your opinions/tips would be appreciated.
Search function and the specific forum areas can/will answer many of your questions.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokey71 View Post
Search function and the specific forum areas can/will answer many of your questions.
Yeah I know....I actually found a couple of threads, one four pages long, and have been reading through them.

I am a new member of this forum and thought I'd start up a conversation to get some info I need as well as introduce myself!

Joseph
Old 02-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 50613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimeon24s View Post
d.......A few of us have found that the factory plastic holster scratches the finish on the slide slightly due to a really tight fit..........It does not attach to a belt.........it

I think it put some small scratches on mine. I even loosened it pretty good, but still fits in there tight.

I use it for range time, and car riding.
Aspenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:54 AM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 52631
it also comes with a double magazine holster and bore cleaning brush I use the paddle holster when i am at the range and actually like it, and i also used it when i took my ccl class the other day.

A friend of mine has the m&p compact .40 and i like it almost as much as my xdm compact. It feels as good in my hand as the xdm. One of the biggest things that sold my on the xd and xdm line is the added grip safety plus trigger safety for a ccw. It might not be a huge deal because people carry glocks and others with a single trigger safety all the time. It was more of a mental thing for me to ease my mind knowing i had to have my hand firmly on the grip and pull trigger for the gun to go bang.

I also knew i didnt want a manual safety on the gun so that if shtf i wouldnt have to worry about having to fumble with the safety.
Remington 11-87 12ga
Remington 870 20ga
Mossburg 835 12ga
s10v8drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10v8drew View Post
it also comes with a double magazine holster and bore cleaning brush I use the paddle holster when i am at the range and actually like it, and i also used it when i took my ccl class the other day.

A friend of mine has the m&p compact .40 and i like it almost as much as my xdm compact. It feels as good in my hand as the xdm. One of the biggest things that sold my on the xd and xdm line is the added grip safety plus trigger safety for a ccw. It might not be a huge deal because people carry glocks and others with a single trigger safety all the time. It was more of a mental thing for me to ease my mind knowing i had to have my hand firmly on the grip and pull trigger for the gun to go bang.

I also knew i didnt want a manual safety on the gun so that if shtf i wouldnt have to worry about having to fumble with the safety.
Awesome. That makes me feel good knowing that the gear set will enable me to take my CCW.

I really liked the M&P compact 9mm......I really really liked it. When I found out that you can buy the Pearce grips and modify them for the smaller XDm clip, it became a no-brainer for me. The gun with the bigger mag capacity and the ability to convert the shorter mag to have a pinkie extender/grip.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

Search tags for this page
does the berretha.sub compact.come in any other colors
does the xds 4.0 come with an extended magazine?
springfield xd (m) whats in the case
what are the accessories in the case for the springfield xd

what comes in xdm case

what comes with a springfield xd

what comes with an xdm 9mm
what comes with springfield xd
what comes with springfield xd9

what comes with the springfield xdm 9mm

what comes with the xdm
what comes with the xdm 9mm
what is in the box with a new xd9
what xomes in the case of a spring field 9 mm
xdm comes with
xds 9mm white envelope
Click on a term to search for related topics.