• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDm .40 SubCompact?

This is a discussion on XDm .40 SubCompact? within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; I emailed SA asking if they have any future plans for an XDm .40 SubCompact and didnt get a reply. Any word through the grapevine ...

Old 02-02-2011, 06:21 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 51382
XDm .40 SubCompact?

I emailed SA asking if they have any future plans for an XDm .40 SubCompact and didnt get a reply.

Any word through the grapevine about this? I would think they'd have a lot of interest in one.

Thanks for any info you have!
BristolF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-02-2011, 07:10 AM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 45999
The compact just came out, I have one left if you want it...

Springfield XDM 3.8" Compact 40S&W Black 11/16+1 w/ 2 Mags & XD Gear
khufford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 51382
Thanks Kyle!

I really like the compact, but Im trying to find out if they have any plans for an "m" subcompact in the near or semi-near future. If not I'll probably pick up a compact from you in a month or so.
BristolF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 50771
I dont see them making a "Sub compact" in the M series since the compact is pretty much already a "Sub compact" except 3/4" longer
"Lord make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let NOT my last thought be if I only had my gun.....and lord.....if today is truly the day that you call me home.....let me die in a empty pile of brass"
Sublimeon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 45999
I doubt it, the XDM Compact is nearly the same dimensions as the XD Sub-compact, except for the barrel length...

XD(M) Compact & XD9SC Comparison Photos & more...
khufford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 52730
I was wondering the same thing but decided to get the XD-40 SC instead. While the XDm Compact is very nice and almost the same dimensions, I wanted the smallest size for the caliber. I'm not very big, 5' 6" 135# and I'm planning on this being my CC handgun. That said, so far I'm very happy with the SC. The money I saved in the difference in cost I can use to buy ammo for practice and get my crossbreed holster

Peaty
Peaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 47176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaty View Post
I was wondering the same thing but decided to get the XD-40 SC instead. While the XDm Compact is very nice and almost the same dimensions, I wanted the smallest size for the caliber. I'm not very big, 5' 6" 135# and I'm planning on this being my CC handgun. That said, so far I'm very happy with the SC. The money I saved in the difference in cost I can use to buy ammo for practice and get my crossbreed holster
Great choice. I carry mine everywhere in my Crossbreed. Great CC Gun....

SA Trophy Match 1911
LJenkmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 46969
If Sprimgfield does anything, it will be some type of micro 9 assuming, the want to spend the $ for R&D and tooling. The market is getting full and everyone seems to compare themselves to Kahr.

The EMP is nice but pricey. A polyester framed micro 9 at between $400 & $550 would work. It is s corporate decision. A good model for Springfield might be the CZ Rami. They could do worse.
CPTKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 50861
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
If Sprimgfield does anything, it will be some type of micro 9 assuming, the want to spend the $ for R&D and tooling. The market is getting full and everyone seems to compare themselves to Kahr.

The EMP is nice but pricey. A polyester framed micro 9 at between $400 & $550 would work. It is s corporate decision. A good model for Springfield might be the CZ Rami. They could do worse.
The RD/tooling cost to cut the 3.8" Compact to 3" SC would be minimal (compared to a whole new gun) and I "hope" it will come in time. One more gun to finish out the Compact line then we'll see where they go.

Though expensive, the Kimber Solo also deserves a look in the small 9mm category.
mistercoffee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 83527
Xdm 40 sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimeon24s View Post
I dont see them making a "Sub compact" in the M series since the compact is pretty much already a "Sub compact" except 3/4" longer

The exception is why it is not a SC, just a compact. It is fine for a CCW hobby guy but I need a SC XDM 40 for my job. They make an XD SC so I hope they come out with an XDM too.
Bobbybill673 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

Search tags for this page
how much is a 40 springfield xdm subcompact
smallest springfield .40 xdm compact
specs springfield xdm9 subcompact
springfield xdm 40 cal sub compact prices
springfield xdm 40 cal sub-comp
springfield xdm 40 cal subcompact price
springfield xdm 40 subcompact
springfield xdm 40 subcompact price
springfield xdm subcompact 40
springfield xds 40 cal subcompact
xdm 40 sc 3 price

xdm 40 subcompact

xdm 40 subcompact price
xdm 40 subcompact specs
xdm subcompact
xdm subcompact 40
Click on a term to search for related topics.