• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDM Quality Issues.

This is a discussion on XDM Quality Issues. within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; I read somewhere on a forum that said the XDM's are cheaply made guns and that springfield imports them, puts their name on them and ...

Old 12-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 50740
Exclamation XDM Quality Issues.

I read somewhere on a forum that said the XDM's are cheaply made guns and that springfield imports them, puts their name on them and sells them for way more then they are worth. They said the XDM is made with low quality parts. They also said the fit and finish on them is crap. Then they said no LE departments will carry them or train with them because they can't compete with the other brands. This has me worried because I pick up my new XDM 45 tomorrow and I'm wondering if I made a mistake buying it. Can anyone back up these comments or is this just negative feedback from Gloc.. non XDM owners? I really hope these comments are from people that don't know what they are talking about. I'd hate to waste my money.
t816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
SRD
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 13092
XD and XDM are solid proven guns. The reason not that many LEO depts use them is they havent been around as long as other brands. The reason most go with glock is because glocks sell to LEOS cheaper than any other brand.

My XD is as solid as any glock i own if not even more so. Do not hesitate to buy one they are great. There are many torture tests to be found on the web for XD series guns.

-------------------------------------------------
Since my list was to long last time ill only put my favorite pistols

HKP7
CZ82
Browning Hi power
FN Hi power
Sig p232
Sig p220 Elite SS
NAA 22PUG
XD45
G19
G29
Norinco Ak47
FN PS90 SBR
SRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 26257
....... seriously?

*Iraq and Afghanistan Veteran*
bdraughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 18627
Do a Google search for XD vs Glock. I'm sure thousands of people have asked the exact same question.
JhankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 48141
Quote:
Originally Posted by t816 View Post
I read somewhere on a forum that said the XDM's are cheaply made guns and that springfield imports them, puts their name on them and sells them for way more then they are worth. They said the XDM is made with low quality parts. They also said the fit and finish on them is crap. Then they said no LE departments will carry them or train with them because they can't compete with the other brands. This has me worried because I pick up my new XDM 45 tomorrow and I'm wondering if I made a mistake buying it. Can anyone back up these comments or is this just negative feedback from Gloc.. non XDM owners? I really hope these comments are from people that don't know what they are talking about. I'd hate to waste my money.
different law enforcement agencies use glocks because they are cheaper more accessible and been around for a while....also you have to think about standards for a LEO service weapon and holster..there are LEO's that carry XDm's as service weapons, it just depends on if their dept. will allow this gun....it depends on the safety mechanisms and specifications....also if you look hard enough you can find the 10,000 or 20,000 round torture test that SA has done to the XDm....its all oppinion based and of course the guy who owns and loves glocks will tell you other models are cheap and can't be compared.... until i see a picture of an exploding XDm .40 i think i'll stick with my XDm... i trust my life and my families life with my XDm and i hope you can have the same trust.... (google exploding glock) for some fun reassurance.....Glock accessories and parts are a dime a dozen and cheap thus police and other agencies love this feature..saves em money....a $400 service weapon is better than a $600 service issued weapon...glocks are reliable and cheap...police love em
XD(m) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 45486
Remington 870
Ruger 10/22

To Do:
Winchester 101
Springfield M1 Grand
psi chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:37 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 48141
psi chick...how did you get my wedding photo? TMZ must be following me again
XD(m) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 50771
My XDMs are awesome, id take them over a glock anyday
"Lord make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let NOT my last thought be if I only had my gun.....and lord.....if today is truly the day that you call me home.....let me die in a empty pile of brass"
Sublimeon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 16502

I trusted my life to a XD45c for two years...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

US Army 2005 - 2014
Kimber Series I Compact Aluminum - My Carry
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Life Member
SAF Defenders Club Life Membership
AZCDL Life Membership

IN HELPDESK WE TRUST #2

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"

Capt. John Parker, Lexington militia
ArmyGuy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:46 AM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 47683
"They" can say anything they want (and usually do..)

I have owned my XDM40 since July and have put about 2000 rounds
thru it... The ONLY problem I had, was a few bad rounds of Atlanta Arms
ammo... WWB, America Eagle (Federal), Georgia Arms and my current favorite - Gunn Ammo... all flew down range flawlessly.

It is one of my 2 regular EDC's. The fit and finish are as good today,
yes I am looking at it right now... as they were the day I bought it.

I am sorry to say it has been dropped - and didn't shatter or go off magically.. It has been wet (although not fired til cleaned and dry) and
it still works perfectly.

The .45 is no my list of "to gets"...

THAT is what I say...

Member GeorgiaCarry.org

& GeorgiaPacking.org

& 941 Forum

BG_Atl is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

Search tags for this page
issues with xdm
problems with springfield xdm
springfield xdm 40 problems
springfield xdm 45 issues
springfield xdm 45 problems
springfield xdm 9mm problems
springfield xdm issues

springfield xdm problems

springfield xdm quality
springfield xdm recall
springfield xds quality
xdm 45 issues
xdm issues
xdm problems
xdm quality
xdm recall
Click on a term to search for related topics.