• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Anyone have trouble with Striker Retainer Pin walking out?

This is a discussion on Anyone have trouble with Striker Retainer Pin walking out? within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Just as the title says, i have a Bitone XDm3.8 that the Striker Retainer Pin on top of the slide keeps walking out and i ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) » Anyone have trouble with Striker Retainer Pin walking out?

Old 01-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 41437
Anyone have trouble with Striker Retainer Pin walking out?

Just as the title says, i have a Bitone XDm3.8 that the Striker Retainer Pin on top of the slide keeps walking out and i have to push it back in after firing a complete magazine. Does anyone know any tricks to make it stay in? I have been meaning to call SA and talk to them about it but figured I would ask here as well. TIA

Eli
spurrinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 16257
Isn't the XDm 3.8 a new firearm? I would call SA and see what they have to say about it, It couldn't hurt. Oh, Welcome to the forum from Milton,FL.
Springfield 1911 Model PX9152LP Black Stainless Target,
Springfield XDs .45 ACP
Johnnybgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
Drive the pin in a bit more than flush it should help. If it keep happening you might get Springfield to send you a replacement pin.
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 41437
I called SA this morning and they are sending me a new pin. And if that doesn't work I will have to send them the gun.

Does anyone know if you can just pull the old pin out and push the new one in or will anything come loose or out of place when I remove the old pin?
spurrinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
XDTalk 15K Member

If the pin is sticking out just pull it out. Make sure all of it comes out, sometimes if they are broke only part of it will come out. Nothing will come out of place.
Quote:
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
Old 02-13-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 37448
I also have this problem. The striker retainer pin is coming out and the striker will not not engage when I squeeze the trigger. The first time it happened I gently tapped it back in and was able to put approx. 75 rounds through the firearm. However it started to come out again and then even after I tapped it back in the striker would not engage.
NINJAPRIEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:09 PM   #7
XDTalk 15K Member

Drive it out from the bottom up to see if it's damaged or broken. If either is true email springfield they'll send you a replacement for free.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-13-2010, 11:58 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 30032
Ive found that the Striker retainer pins that Pistolgear sells (3 for $1.25) are slightly thicker and tougher to drive in than the factory pins. They may be less likely to walk back out.

Ive never had problems with either walking, just two factory pins that broke after very high round counts...
Blatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:41 AM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42843
i would send the complete gun back to springfield and not mess with it, then again i'm no gunsmith and i don't like rappin at my gun with a punch and hammer, this is springfields top product right now you'd think they'd kiss your ass to fix it, this issue could seriously give their pistol a bad name in its early life, not good in my opinion, then again i've put several hundred rnds thru mine and it doesn't seem like its moving one bit.....
APDturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #10
VR4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 29154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatch View Post
Ive found that the Striker retainer pins that Pistolgear sells (3 for $1.25) are slightly thicker and tougher to drive in than the factory pins. They may be less likely to walk back out.

Ive never had problems with either walking, just two factory pins that broke after very high round counts...
So the ones pistol gear sells will work with the XDm?
Daniel Defense M4 /Aimpoint M3,FDE Magpul Moe stock,FDE Magpul Moe pistol grip,FSC556,Geissele SSA,MS2 sling
Rainier Arms AR-15

VR4 IDPA/USPSA/Tac-Rifle VIDEO'S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

RAINIER ARMS SHOOTING TEAM
PNW ARMS SHOOTING TEAM
Rainierarms.com
PNWARMS.com
VR4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

Search tags for this page

frame pins walking in springfield xd

pin coming out

pins walking out xdm

xd gun parts retainer pin chrome

xd striker pin walking out

xdm 45 pin walking out

xdm magazine release pin

xdm striker retainer pin comes loose

Click on a term to search for related topics.