• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDM 40 resell value?

This is a discussion on XDM 40 resell value? within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; The factory fires them one time... they don't fire multiple rounds of crappy ammo, drop the gun, and then go shooting at the outdoor range ...

Old 08-12-2009, 07:07 AM   #21
XDTalk Member

Member #: 38486
The factory fires them one time... they don't fire multiple rounds of crappy ammo, drop the gun, and then go shooting at the outdoor range in the rain (and not clean it when they get home) etc... a single fire at the factory is definitely not used, haha.
CTDpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #22
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 33248
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDpower View Post
You are thinking about it all wrong though... you are trying to think about how much you would sell your gun for, if you had to. What you need to be thinking is how much you woud pay for a used one.

$500?? please, basically anyone would spend the extra $100 and get a new one, wouldn't you?

I would say $400 sounds good, I think that makes a large enough gap between new retail price and your asking price so that the buyer will have to really think if $200 extra is worth it to get a new one (plus they will be thinking about what all $200 could buy for their new purchase, sights, trigger, etc, haha).
I really don't think that you are getting a brand new Bi-tone XDM for $600 out the door. At least not where I live. The lowest price tag I've seen on one is $630, and that isn't an out the door price. Sure you could find an online shop cheaper, but you are still paying overnight shipping and transfer fees. You figure after tax and transfer fee, you will be pushing close to $700. Sorry man, but not every one has a couple hundred extra. If you want to give your XDM away for $400, be my guest. I'm sure it will sell fast.
defkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #23
XDTalk Member

Member #: 38902
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark202 View Post
Good luck finding one around here for around $400, it would be bought up faster than you could read the first sentence. I'd say $500 or around that price. I paid $500 for my used XDm9 that appeared new.

I don't see any reason to buy new vs. used if it is taken care of. The way I look at it is all guns are used, as they are test fired from the factory.
The big differance I see between the new and used is the Springfield warranty. I believe the warranty is for the lifetime of the "initial" owner. Not sure how much would fail with the gun unless it was misused???

I have seen several posts on this forum where people have had to send their guns back to Springfield. I don't think it is a large percentage...but it can happen.

Anyone had any experience with Springfield if they were not the original purchaser? Did they charge for repairs? Were the costs excessive?
Rough2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #24
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 39020
I bought it from Austin just a few hours ago. Thanks Austin, it looks to be awesome. Glad to be a member here on XD Talk now. Now I have to find an accessory or two.
elbozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #25
XDTalk Member

Member #: 38486
Quote:
Originally Posted by defkon View Post
\Sorry man, but not every one has a couple hundred extra. If you want to give your XDM away for $400, be my guest. I'm sure it will sell fast.
Believe me I don't have an extra $200 either, I've been unemployed for 6 months (NOT collecting unemployment or any other type of financial aid like a bump-on-a-log drain on society bum either)... However, when I needed to buy a new carry gun for my new job I figured it would be smart to buy a brand new virgin gun, since I may have to trust my life to it some day
CTDpower is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

Search tags for this page
how much is a springfield xdm 40 worth
how much is a used xdm 40
how much is a xdm 40 worth
springfield xd 40 cal. worth value used
springfield xd 40 prices

springfield xdm 40 value

trade value springfield xd 40 pistol

used springfield xdm 40

used xdm 40 price
value of springfield xdm 40
value of xdm 40
valueofspringfieldxdm40
what is a springfield xdm 40 worth
what is the value of a springfield xdm 40
xdm .40 used value

xdm 40 value

Click on a term to search for related topics.