• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XD-M - 10 round magazine for California

This is a discussion on XD-M - 10 round magazine for California within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; two years later. any updates?...

Old 08-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #21
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 62202
two years later. any updates?
CGood311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #22
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 59941
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGood311 View Post
two years later. any updates?
The XDm is still not on the CA roster, and no one offers 10rd mags for it.

If in CA, you can single shot exempt it to get around the roster. The mags will have to be blocked, no way around that yet. The shop I got mine from blocked the mags for me for only $5.

Its a PITA, but hey, I have the gun I wanted even though I had to dance around stupid CA laws.
Twiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #23
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9359
Here's a 10-round magazine in .45acp:
Springfield Armory Magazine Springfield XD, XDM 45 ACP 10-Round Stainless Steel - MidwayUSA
If Commiefornia limits the number of rounds, then make sure the rounds you have are big. How about a .500 magnum? That's only 5 rounds. The libs should be really happy about that, eh?
Old 08-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #24
XDTalk Member

Member #: 61402
XD Pistols: Magazines - xdpistols.com

Scroll down and find the magazine you're looking for. I've ordered from these guys before, and they are really quick with shipping

Member -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
tmaas77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #25
XDTalk Member

Member #: 57007
Call Tracy Rifle and Pistol. They have 10rnd XDm mags in all calibers. They are where I bought my XDm from and a few extra magazines.
MrCauich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #26
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 39297
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCauich View Post
Call Tracy Rifle and Pistol. They have 10rnd XDm mags in all calibers. They are where I bought my XDm from and a few extra magazines.
+1. I just called them and they have them in stock.
Dacsoft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:58 AM   #27
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 74310
Hi Folks, quick question here, I'm from California and I would like to purchase XDM Competition Series. I already talk to a dealer and they will SSE and adjust the mags.
Question #1. When I received my gun ( SSE configured ) can I put back the original barrel? Someone told me I can not because that is felony. Is it true?
Question #2. When configured SSE, would that void the manufacturer warantee?
Question #3. XDM 9mm Competition Series - Black- SSE configured $755 (dealer will take back the SSE barrel and will put the original) Is the price fair enough?

Thank you for your replies gentleman...
crip2nites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #28
XDTalk Member

Member #: 79611
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by crip2nites View Post
Hi Folks, quick question here, I'm from California and I would like to purchase XDM Competition Series. I already talk to a dealer and they will SSE and adjust the mags.
Question #1. When I received my gun ( SSE configured ) can I put back the original barrel? Someone told me I can not because that is felony. Is it true?
Question #2. When configured SSE, would that void the manufacturer warantee?
Question #3. XDM 9mm Competition Series - Black- SSE configured $755 (dealer will take back the SSE barrel and will put the original) Is the price fair enough?

Thank you for your replies gentleman...
No expert here but what I was told when I purchased my XDM through SSE that as long as I did not put more than a 10 round magazine I would not be breaking any laws. $755 sounds about right, they charge about $100 for SSE process on top of the standard gun price at my local gun shop. I was wondering about the warranty as well.

P.S. Every gun shop that does not offer this service has talked bad about the SSE process when I speak with them about it. So I pay 0 attention to them.

S & W 500 8.38"

Mossberg 590A1 18.5"
XDM45_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #29
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 81255
I'd love a 10 rounder for my xdm 5.25 9mm ..then I could have my gun I. Cali instead of at my parents house in Texas.
XDMMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #30
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 71862
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDMMarine View Post
I'd love a 10 rounder for my xdm 5.25 9mm ..then I could have my gun I. Cali instead of at my parents house in Texas.
I've read of magazine mods to reduce the 9 and 40 mags to ten rounds. The gun shop that handled my intra-familial transfer of my .45 XDm from Texas to Cali refuses to handle those two calibers due to there not being a factory ten-rounder. I don't shoot either, but out of curiosity asked him why he won't touch the two using modded mags.

He replied, "It's a grey area that hasn't been legally tested or approved by DoJ."

As always, caveat emptor, so be sure to do your homework. The Cali DoJ will return your phone calls, so if you can get someone there to write you a letter approving the use of modded factory mags and you can find a Cali FFL to do it, you'd be set. But I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

magazines

Search tags for this page
10 rnd magazine springfield armory xdm 9mm 5.25
10 round magazine xdm 9mm
is springfield xdm 40 competition legal in california
shipping 10 round magazines to california
sprinfield xdm 10 round mag
springfield 10 round magazines
springfield 45 springfield xdm 10 round magazines
springfield armory xdm .40 10 round magazines
springfield armory xdm 9mm 10 round magazines

springfield xdm 10 round magazine

springfield xdm 9mm 10 round magazine
xdm 10 round
xdm 10 round magazine
xdm 9mm 10 round magazine
xdm 9mm 10rd magazine
Click on a term to search for related topics.