• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XD-M - 10 round magazine for California

This is a discussion on XD-M - 10 round magazine for California within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; XDm is illegal in california because springfield doesnt manufacture an approved XDm model built in factory with 10 round mags....

Old 08-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #11
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 15321
XDm is illegal in california because springfield doesnt manufacture an approved XDm model built in factory with 10 round mags.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #12
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 38790
thanks everyone for the helpful insight and prompt replies.
cdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #13
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
dont know about legallity, but i would have a piece of teflon or nylon or some plastic made as a spacer to go inbetween the spring and the follower to reduce it to 10 rnds...use factory mag, just spacer it out, it would look like a 35mm film canister, only rectangular

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:11 AM   #14
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 6152
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmp22 View Post
dont know about legallity, but i would have a piece of teflon or nylon or some plastic made as a spacer to go inbetween the spring and the follower to reduce it to 10 rnds...use factory mag, just spacer it out, it would look like a 35mm film canister, only rectangular
No, this won't do! It has to be a PERMANENT change to the magazine that restricts the number of rounds. Just adding a spacer will not make it approved. Plus, since the XDm was not on the roster list before NEW regulations took place requiring a "magazine safety mechanism" and now "microscopic imprinting" of the fired case with the gun's serial number, it never will be approved for sale in California. The only things Californian's can do is leave, have a revolution, pass an initiative, or die to get away from such silly laws.

Strangely, a lot of folks who do not believe in evolutionary Darwinism seem to believe in social Darwinism... go figure!

Let's add this: Congress shall make no law which limits the type, caliber, capacity, or rate of fire of any arms the People have or want to have.
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:58 AM   #15
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
well, that was shot down like a *** plane in world war two!!!!

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
XDTalk Member

Member #: 35641
The XDM itself is not illegal in California. It's not legal for new sale within the state nor for import sale (magazine disconnect idiocy issue). The CA gun roster only applies to buying things new from a gun dealer. Pre-owned person-to-person is different, and there are inner-familial transfers that are also exempt. That's how I got mine.

If you're really worried about the magazine capacity issue (there is a sliver of grey in the way that law is written), this is the best permanent modification I've seen so far:
XD(M) Magazines ... by a forum member here.

SA has said that they'll get around to 10-rounders for CA, NY, HI, and Canada (if I remember correctly), but they'll never make the XDM roster-approved in CA.

If you don't shoot 11 people dead without reloading, the 10-round issue practically never comes up in real life.
Leanit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #17
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 31126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanit View Post
The XDM itself is not illegal in California. It's not legal for new sale within the state nor for import sale (magazine disconnect idiocy issue). The CA gun roster only applies to buying things new from a gun dealer. Pre-owned person-to-person is different, and there are inner-familial transfers that are also exempt. That's how I got mine.
So let me get this straight:
1) If I currently own an XDm and move to California, I can legally use it?
2) If I buy an XDm for a family member who lives in California, they can us it legally?
3) Will I/they get hassled at the range?

The link to the modification post (w/pictures) is awsome, BTW. Thanks for that!

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government ~ Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined. ~George Washington

We are a free people living under a republic of our own construction. We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled. ~Kevin D. Williamson

NRA
katokahn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #18
XDTalk Member

Yes, you can bring your XDM with you.
Yes, certain family members (mom/dad, grandparents, not cousins and stuff) can give you one from out-of-state.
I've not been hassled, and don't expect to be. The only issue somebody could have is the magazines, which you can modify to be compliant ... or not. Your choice, your risk.

Learn more on Calguns.net . They're experts on all of it.

My XDM is legally mine, on the books in CA, all the way. $19 processing fee ... job done.

EDIT: You wouldn't really move to CA would you? If not for some family ties and other long-term commitments, I'd pack up and run.

Last edited by Leanit; 08-03-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #19
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 31126
I would have to if I was given orders to transfer to a unit in CA. I wouldn't like it; but, refusing orders is a pretty good way of ending a career...then again, I've got over 20 years and could retire instead of taking those orders. IF I got such orders.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government ~ Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined. ~George Washington

We are a free people living under a republic of our own construction. We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled. ~Kevin D. Williamson

NRA
katokahn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #20
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katokahn99 View Post
I would have to if I was given orders to transfer to a unit in CA.
Didn't realize you were on the job, man. Keep up the good work.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

magazines

Search tags for this page
10 round magazines for a springfield xd
10 round magazines for spring xd 40
springfield 9 mm 10 round magazine
springfield armory xdm 10 round magazines
springfield xdm 10 round mag

springfield xdm 10 round magazine

springfield xdm 10 round magazines
springfield xdm 9mm 10 round magazine
which 10 round magazine fits a springfield xd9611
www.springfield-armory.com/products/xdm-4-5-40-cal/10 round magazine
xdm 10 round magazine
xdm 10round magazine 40 smith&wesson
xdm 40 magazines area code for california
xdm 5.25 9mm 10rd
xdm 9mm 10 round magazine
xdm 9mm magazine 10rd
Click on a term to search for related topics.