• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Well, I've gone over to the dark side...

This is a discussion on Well, I've gone over to the dark side... within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; I didn't buy my xdm to carry on my person. I'm longing for an xdm .45 and I probably wouldn't carry it either. My conceal ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) » Well, I've gone over to the dark side...

Old 07-03-2009, 06:06 AM   #31
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 31141
I didn't buy my xdm to carry on my person.

I'm longing for an xdm .45 and I probably wouldn't carry it either.

My conceal carry pistol instructor never got tired of downgrading my xd .45 and all xd's during my class. He was a glock fanboy and armorer, told us all about extractor failures on xd's and the overhype on them.

Then I blew the center out of his target with 26 in both slow and rapid fire. Next guy had a glock. It locked up. Took the instructor 15 minutes to fix it. I lol'ed. Actually I chuckled to myself, another guy lol'ed. I did ask the instructor later if he was getting commisions from Glock.

I don't have anything against a glock really outside of the "glock is the only pistol worth having" attitude of some of their fans. I don't want one. I'd like an fnp .45 though and if springfield doesn't come out with an xdm .45 soon I'll probably end up getting an fnp .45 in de.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"God and guns
Keep us strong.
That's what this country
Was founded on.
Well, we might as well give up and run
If we let them take our God and guns."
ryr8828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-03-2009, 06:20 AM   #32
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 31153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
I didn't buy my xdm to carry on my person.
Well, I didn't either... but I underestimated my enthusiasm for being a gun owner and getting involved in 2nd amendment activism. I expected it would be some time before I was ready and comfortable with the idea of carrying - but it snuck up on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
I don't have anything against a glock really outside of the "glock is the only pistol worth having" attitude of some of their fans.
I agree totally - and none of my excitement should be construed as fanboy-ism. I am not now a Glock fanboy and I was not previously an XDm fanboy. A gun should suit the intended purpose(s) and fit the user... Having a single gun do it all is an admittedly tough bill to fill. The Glock simply meets my current needs better than the XDm did.

Cheers!

CZ FTW!
s0nspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:42 AM   #33
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 31141
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
Well, I didn't either... but I underestimated my enthusiasm for being a gun owner and getting involved in 2nd amendment activism. I expected it would be some time before I was ready and comfortable with the idea of carrying - but it snuck up on me.

I agree totally - and none of my excitement should be construed as fanboy-ism. I am not now a Glock fanboy and I was not previously an XDm fanboy. A gun should suit the intended purpose(s) and fit the user... Having a single gun do it all is an admittedly tough bill to fill. The Glock simply meets my current needs better than the XDm did.

Cheers!
I understand. I have several pistols, 3 are springfields. My xd9sc is the carry piece.
I'm addicted to firearms.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"God and guns
Keep us strong.
That's what this country
Was founded on.
Well, we might as well give up and run
If we let them take our God and guns."
ryr8828 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

9mm, g19, glock, trade, xdm

Search tags for this page

25 cent trigger job on xd

25 cent trigger job xdm

xdm 9 carry

Click on a term to search for related topics.