• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Well, I've gone over to the dark side...

This is a discussion on Well, I've gone over to the dark side... within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; That's great you like the G19 better, but why knock Springfield for actually properly marketing a product? They made a great product and they actually ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) » Well, I've gone over to the dark side...

Old 07-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #21
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35782
That's great you like the G19 better, but why knock Springfield for actually properly marketing a product? They made a great product and they actually want to SELL it. So sue them. Geez.I really doubt Clint Smith would back the XD and XDM if it wasn't of the highest quality. His reputation is more valuable than whatever they are paying him. Same with the NRA voting it Handgun of the Year.
XDmega9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #22
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 28610
I guess your just destined to be a Glock guy. I have shot & dissassembled many Glocks for friends to do complete cleaning etc..
There not for me - they might shoot well for some but they just don't seem to be put together as well as a Springfield although they are a proven firearm. Afterall many seem to think they are the "ONLY" plastic pistol. Nowdays we seem to have a choice of more "plastic" pistols so I guess that gives us all a chance to find what meets our needs. But for me it will be a Springfield --- Just my $.02
chg211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #23
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30075
My carry pistol is a HK P30 for the same size reasons. If a scaled down XDM is ever released, i will carry that as well.
S&W M&P 9mm
Omega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #24
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 31153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
Traitor.
LOL ... what took so long?

d( -.- )b
s0nspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #25
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 23549
I got bit by the g19 bug and ended up with this one after going to a gun show. (this pic was taken for a knife forum; didnt feel like taking a new one!)

"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a
slave!"

"To protect yourself and the ones you love from the unthinkable, you must not dismiss the possible."
Perchjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #26
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDmega9 View Post
That's great you like the G19 better, but why knock Springfield for actually properly marketing a product? They made a great product and they actually want to SELL it. So sue them. Geez.I really doubt Clint Smith would back the XD and XDM if it wasn't of the highest quality. His reputation is more valuable than whatever they are paying him. Same with the NRA voting it Handgun of the Year.
I'm not faulting the XDm. My point was that it is OVERhyped. Have you noticed how many ads they take out in every issue of every gun mag? It is just excessive IMO. Call it crazy but with that kind of a barrage I find it difficult to not feel manipulated on some level. When Rob Leatham is gushing over the tirgger and the match grade barrel as being the best available but reality falls short... well, what do YOU call that? I call it marketing and I got bit by it. That's all.

None of that is a reflection on the product, though. Obviously I liked the XDm better than most of what I tried before buying or I wouldn't have bought it. I have just come to realize it doesn't suit my needs completely (i.e. too big to carry...)

As I said in a previous post, had SA offered an XD 9 Compact I prolly wouldn't have even looked to Glock for a replacement.

d( -.- )b

Last edited by s0nspark; 07-03-2009 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #27
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 12944
Prepare yourself for Perfection!

Old 07-02-2009, 11:54 PM   #28
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 35255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se2002 View Post
Prepare yourself for Perfection!

no worries he will be a master gunsmith in no time......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
ScubaSteveXdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #29
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 36486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knothaid View Post
I would never fault a person for making a personal choice that works for them. (legal and healthy non-withstanding) Good for you on getting what you want.
+1
Which ever fits you better, especially for carry! Good luck with it.

I'm all for Ron Paul

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin
misfit-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:53 AM   #30
XDTalk 500 Member

One thing I had not really considered with this is the myriad of options available to customize a Glock... Cool! Tons of stuff out there... and most of it is very affordable. Gonna have to grab that "Making Glocks Rock" dvd and see what is recommended.

I must say I am quite excited about this and really looking forward to hitting the range. It will be interesting to see how I fare with a stock Glock versus how well I did with the XDm.

d( -.- )b

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

9mm, g19, glock, trade, xdm

Search tags for this page

25 cent trigger job on xd

25 cent trigger job xdm

xdm 9 carry

Click on a term to search for related topics.