• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDM Slide Finish

This is a discussion on XDM Slide Finish within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Is this what you were seeing?...

Old 03-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 33401
Is this what you were seeing?

Last edited by imcja; 03-30-2009 at 09:33 AM.
imcja is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-31-2009, 01:50 AM   #12
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 35621
Wow that pic is right on the money. Did you think that was rust when you first saw it? That kind of stuff just ruins the day!
borjadxD.45svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:28 AM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 34208
xd marks

My xd 40 has the exact same mark I'll try scrubbing it off now that it comes off.

SA-XD 40 service
Savage 11 .243
Benelli nova
Remington 760 gamemaster 30-06
wambsgans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:51 AM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 31448
It is absolutely nothing to be up in arms about. It is just a little brass being deposited when the case is ejected. No big deal.
TahoeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:09 PM   #15
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 35796
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcja View Post
Is this what you were seeing?

That is almost exactly what I had except mine was a little more thick due to the nickle casing. It would not rub of with my finger nail, not even with CLP and an AP brush. I had to lightly use a bore brush.

I must say after I discovered that the bore brush removed the spot I felt a little stupid posting this thread. Apparently many other ppl have come across this and had the same concern. I'm glad I made the post and have helped others though. This is a great forum! Thanks to everyone who responded to concern!
AaronXDM9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:55 AM   #16
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 31761
Keep it lubed there and it will come off easier if you can not stand it being there.
If you wear a XDm OWB with jeans you may well get a brass mark on the slide from the brass brads on the jeans.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:04 AM   #17
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 33226
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWARREN123 View Post
Keep it lubed there and it will come off easier if you can not stand it being there.
If you wear a XDm OWB with jeans you may well get a brass mark on the slide from the brass brads on the jeans.
I have the same two issues. I have noticed the marks from the brass rivets on my jeans, and they are beginning to fade. I also have the same mark from spent casings. I thought I was just going to have to deal with the marks, but I guess not. Thanks for the info guys!
lawrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #18
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 35796
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrra View Post
I have the same two issues. I have noticed the marks from the brass rivets on my jeans, and they are beginning to fade. I also have the same mark from spent casings. I thought I was just going to have to deal with the marks, but I guess not. Thanks for the info guys!
I did get some brass marks from my jeans however I was able to easily rub those off. The only reason I had conern about the mark on the ejection port was due to the color. The way the nickle casing looked and how stubborn it was to come off had me worried. Nothing to fear though.
AaronXDM9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

ejection port, finish, slide, xdm

Search tags for this page
ejected casing scratched xdm
melonite slide finish
my xdm has a mark on the slide
scratches disappear off xdm slide
slide finish
slide finish on xdm

springfield xdm finish

springfield xdm finish wear
springfield xdm melonite fading
springfield xdm scratch

springfield xdm slide finish

xdm finish
xdm melonite finish scratch

xdm slide finish

xdm slide finishes

xdm slide wear

Click on a term to search for related topics.