• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

- How much an XDm REALLY costs -

This is a discussion on - How much an XDm REALLY costs - within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by kcinnick Treat people right and they will treat you right. Another thing to consider in your calculations of all the other guns ...

Old 03-29-2009, 11:37 AM   #31
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 26257
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
Treat people right and they will treat you right.

Another thing to consider in your calculations of all the other guns you have to buy once you buy your first.

You need a Carry gun..
A semi auto rifle...
A long range bolt rifle....
A commie gun.....
A 1911.....
Another Semi auto rifle......
An even smaller carry gun.......
A .22 rifle.........
A .22 Pistol...............

It never ends.
aint that the truth...

this post makes me glad i got into guns pre-obama.

*Iraq and Afghanistan Veteran*
bdraughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #32
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 35796
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMike View Post
forget the 9mm and reprice everything in 40 S&W

You won't be sorry
Forget the 40S&W and stick with the 9mm. You won't be sorry!
AaronXDM9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #33
RMC
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35744
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronXDM9 View Post
Forget the 40S&W and stick with the 9mm. You won't be sorry!
LOL

Lovin mine! 9mm that is
RMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:43 PM   #34
XDTalk Member

Member #: 34437
RMC, that is a good post but it doesn't hurt so bad if you are only looking at these items one at a time.

Painfully reminds me of buying a horse. My wife said it was only $3000 for a really good Thoroughbred. What a good deal. I'm thinking, not!
Now we have to get new saddles that fit him. New bridles and bits. These things are as much as the horse. Oh, did I mention he is too big to fit in our existing trailer? Another $12,000 for a better trailer that is tall enough for him to fit in. Yea, that horse is a bargin all right.

Let me spend the money on new handguns Honey and don't say a word..
COMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #35
RMC
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMike View Post
RMC, that is a good post but it doesn't hurt so bad if you are only looking at these items one at a time.

Painfully reminds me of buying a horse. My wife said it was only $3000 for a really good Thoroughbred. What a good deal. I'm thinking, not!
Now we have to get new saddles that fit him. New bridles and bits. These things are as much as the horse. Oh, did I mention he is too big to fit in our existing trailer? Another $12,000 for a better trailer that is tall enough for him to fit in. Yea, that horse is a bargin all right.

Let me spend the money on new handguns Honey and don't say a word..
yes I know exactly what your talking about... ALL hobbies have that trait of ALWAYS costing more than you initially even imagined to spend. HOW ever, in your case, kinda gives you about 18,000 or some wiggle/bargaining power to but a lot of a few of really nice guns! Or a mix of the two!!!!

Happy Shopping!

RMC
Old 03-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #36
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 32421
Not that it's a bad idea... but why would a "First-time handgun owner" need 7 magazines just starting out?

"There is no strength in numbers, have no such misconception; But when you need me, be assured, I won't be far away."
Armed2TheTeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:55 AM   #37
RMC
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed2TheTeeth View Post
Not that it's a bad idea... but why would a "First-time handgun owner" need 7 magazines just starting out?
two reasons. ONE to make sure they have enough to get comfortable quickly reloading their gun so that if they HAVE to they can,

Second reason, because if your going to own a gun you need to have enough mags to have a life long reliable weapon. Further more, as I DO I have two mags full of defense ammo and the rest for target and practice shooting!

That's just me... I know a few out their that have 20-25 mags for their guns.... I don't know how to justify that but I'm sure they do!

RMC
Old 03-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #38
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 32421
I understand the want to have as many as possible, but I've been acquiring them slowly, over time. 2 in the case, 2 from Gear Up, 1 from a gun show, 1 online.

"There is no strength in numbers, have no such misconception; But when you need me, be assured, I won't be far away."
Armed2TheTeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:56 PM   #39
RMC
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed2TheTeeth View Post
I understand the want to have as many as possible, but I've been acquiring them slowly, over time. 2 in the case, 2 from Gear Up, 1 from a gun show, 1 online.
Out of curiosity what did you pay for at each different place
Old 03-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #40
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 32882
I can readily find plenty of .40 S&W Blazer Brass rounds at Wal-Mart for $12 and some change for a box of 50. The 9mm rounds cost around $8 and some change for a box of 50 but they seem to be the more popular rounds in my area therefore you cannot find them...
I have also heard through the grapevine that they make a conversion kit for the XDm .40 where you can change the barrel and spring to chamber a 9mm—if this is true, this would make the XDm.40 the better choice.
I will say this, I have had my XDm.40 for three months now and I have put over 500 rounds through it and I have not had any problems with it thus far. She shoots like a dream!

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
  • Harrington & Richardson Model 088 Shotgun
  • Del-Ton 16" carbine AR-15

Luke 22:36

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
Shaniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

handgun, pistol, price, purchase, xdm

Search tags for this page
3.3xdm pistol how much do they cost

how much do springfield xd cost

how much does a 40 xdm cost

how much does a springfield xd 9mm cost

how much does a springfield xdm .40 cost new?

how much does a springfield xdm cost

how much does a xdm 40 cost
how much does a xdm 9mm cost
how much doesa springfield xdm cost?
how much is a springfield xdm 9mm
how much is a xdm

how much is a xdm 9mm

how much should i pay for a springfield xdm

springfield xdm 9mm for sale
what is the average price for a sprinfeild xdm 40 caliber hand gun
xdm costs
Click on a term to search for related topics.