• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

- How much an XDm REALLY costs -

This is a discussion on - How much an XDm REALLY costs - within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by dglock Compare that price to what cabelas is charging,here in AZ, i saw one yesterday,black/SS, for $700.00 + tax! don See that ...

Old 03-28-2009, 01:04 PM   #21
RMC
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35744
dglock and racing1g

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglock View Post
Compare that price to what cabelas is charging,here in AZ, i saw one yesterday,black/SS, for $700.00 + tax!

don

See that shows the differences in prices that people are seeing and some are even paying to get their hands on an XDm... And hence why I decided to take the time to make this post. people really wont this gun and some dealers have standars and sell it for what it should be sold for and others just want to sell it for what the market can bear. WHICH is quite a bit in this crappy economy but people will always want to arm themselves or at least until obama says we cant
RMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #22
RMC
XDTalk 100 Member

Thank you Glad you enjoyed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDm9FAN View Post
Good post - Nice info.
RMC
Old 03-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #23
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35782
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMC View Post
Oh, and as far as some of your walmart purchases... yeah I won't buy nor recommend cheap things that I wouldnt use on my own guns. Rim oil is out for me as is hoppes. used to be good things but there what my dad and grandapa used and hence why walmart carries them, there is much better stuff that will prolong the life of your gun and make it shoot better. tech is a wonderful thing.
RMC
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. IMO, if a gun is named the "Xtreme Duty", time tested products like Remoil and Hoppe's should be more than enough to keep it running in top form. I am an old school thinker though.
XDmega9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #24
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 35785
Your right, in my experience there are quite a few dealers out there that have standards, but then you have the others that just want to exploit the market, I guess everyone has to make a living and there is some poor guy out there uninformed enough to pay what they want, but damn....selling guns at $200 over MSRP is crazy.
racing1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #25
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racing1g View Post
Your right, in my experience there are quite a few dealers out there that have standards, but then you have the others that just want to exploit the market, I guess everyone has to make a living and there is some poor guy out there uninformed enough to pay what they want, but damn....selling guns at $200 over MSRP is crazy.
These guys are benefiting on most people not knowing how easy buying from somewhere like gunbroker is. That's fine though, because when average gun buyers catch on, people are gonna remember who was gouging during this period.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #26
RMC
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDmega9 View Post
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. IMO, if a gun is named the "Xtreme Duty", time tested products like Remoil and Hoppe's should be more than enough to keep it running in top form. I am an old school thinker though.

Yes, Your right they WERE good products.... but do you buy your wife flowers from the grocery store or from a flower shop... Because if you can't tell the difference, trust me... She can!!! It's the same for my guns, I treat them with the good stuff not just something that will GET'er done

RMC
Old 03-29-2009, 12:13 AM   #27
RMC
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDmega9 View Post
These guys are benefiting on most people not knowing how easy buying from somewhere like gunbroker is. That's fine though, because when average gun buyers catch on, people are gonna remember who was gouging during this period.
yeah, and they'll be scratching their heads wondering why they all the sudden lost all their business
Old 03-29-2009, 01:55 AM   #28
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 33377
... there's... more...?

$40 for a decent OC holster (Blackhawk Serpa)
$50 for a decently-stiff gun belt (makes draw MUCH much better)
$80 for a 'concealment' vest (all of the above for entry-level IDPA shooting...)
$10-20 for a decent IWB soft holster
$10 snap caps for dry firing, loading, and grip-testing drills
$40 MidwayUSA bag to put all one's gear in
$120 Concealed-carry permit certification class
$10 Fingerprinting
$80 Conceal-carry permit application fee
$5 one-time buyer permit (that I won't need after my CCW gets approved but it takes 3 months)
$40 for one-year range membership (so that I get $20 off of the CCW class and $5 off per range visit, which are...)
$10/ range visit.
$180 2 days IDPA/defensive shooting class ( my draw is MUCH faster as are my double-tap speed and accuracy)
~$500 in ammo purchased

I am not sorry I spent any of it, but I certainly spent much more than I thought I would at the onset. I was hoping to be all in after 6 months for <$1000 and I am looking at nearly twice that.

Dang.
xdavem40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #29
RMC
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdavem40 View Post
... there's... more...?

$80 for a 'concealment' vest (all of the above for entry-level IDPA shooting...)
$10 Fingerprinting
$5 one-time buyer permit (that I won't need after my CCW gets approved but it takes 3 months)
$40 for one-year range membership (so that I get $20 off of the CCW class and $5 off per range visit, which are...)
$10/ range visit.
$180 2 days IDPA/defensive shooting class ( my draw is MUCH faster as are my double-tap speed and accuracy)
~$500 in ammo purchased

I am not sorry I spent any of it, but I certainly spent much more than I thought I would at the onset. I was hoping to be all in after 6 months for <$1000 and I am looking at nearly twice that.

Dang.

Wow, yeah that's the next step I'm heading towards too! USPSA though but some of the same needs that's for sure. CWP's are hard to get around here and the local sheriff.... he don't like me none too much. Lets say that me and my 66 mustang he been framed a few times.... And the only thing they ever caught me doing was a little chirping of the tires when I was turning left from and up hill stopped position in a light rain, and i got a reckless for that!!!! yeah, wow, they dropped it to a lesser charge but I even told the officer that he could TRY and drive my car around the same turn and see if he could even do better. i know he wouldn't have been 350+ plus ponies in a very light car with a nasty cluth and a 4 speed toploader. emmm

RMC
Old 03-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #30
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdavem40 View Post
... there's... more...?

$10 Fingerprinting
$10/ range visit.
~$500 in ammo purchased

Dang.

I forgot to include snap caps! $18 for 5 A-Zoom from ebay. Where did you find them for $10? Metal primers?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

handgun, pistol, price, purchase, xdm

Search tags for this page
how much do springfield xd cost
how much does a springfeild xd cost new
how much does a springfield xd 40 cost

how much does a springfield xd 9mm cost

how much does a springfield xdm 9mm cost

how much does a springfield xdm cost

how much does a xdm 40 cost
how much does a xdm 9mm cost
how much is a springfield xdm 9mm
how much is a springfield xdm4.25
how much is a xdm

how much is a xdm 9mm

how much should i pay for a springfield xdm
springfield xdm 9mm for sale
xdm costs
Click on a term to search for related topics.