• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

HK P30L vs. XDm

This is a discussion on HK P30L vs. XDm within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; I have been ogling over the XD(m) since it first came out. For the longest time I was set on the XDm until I visited ...

Old 02-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 33329
HK P30L vs. XDm

I have been ogling over the XD(m) since it first came out. For the longest time I was set on the XDm until I visited my local (F)un shop and handled the HK P30.

My questions pertaining to the XDm:
How is the tigger? I have heard both good and bad.

Which do you suggest? Anyone have experience with both of them?
Could you try to speak to the :

Accuracy
(I have heard H&K's are known for theirs)

Fit/Finnish

Triggers
(I know they are two different types)

Reliability
johnnyreb18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 14665
When I picked up my XDm, I was comparing it to the P30 and the Sig 226.

I've shot them all. They are all VERY nice pistols, and you cannot go wrong with any of them.

I think the XDm has the best trigger of the bunch. As far as accuracy.. I think they are all extremely accurate for a pistol. I would put the XDm and the P30 at a tie, and the 226 in an extremely close second. They are all accurate enough that any discrepancy between the 3 is probably the user, not the pistol.

I like the fit and finish of the Sig. There is something to be said of Sig quality.. I think the HK has a fine fit and finish, but I also think that you are buying a lot of the NAME.. I'm not totally impressed with the finish of my XDm. I have a stainless slide, and it isn't holding up as well as the black melonite. If I did it again, I probably wouldn't get the bitone.

Before you purchase, I really hope you can go out and shoot them both. This isn't a decision you will be disapointed in. I absolutely see myself picking up a P30 and a 226 in the future though!
MD-Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 32247
Which one?

I'm in the same boat. But, I have both the P30 and XDm 9mm. The P30 is exceptional in the hand. I am very accurate with the H&K. I like it a lot. But, I can't get the XD out of my mind. These will be both SD and Range guns. The P30 works IWB for me the XD seems to big, but I don't have the right holster for the XD, VMII for the P30. The trigger is the determining factor for me. I "FEEL" the SA/DA trigger is safer. I'm working on that mentally at the moment. I'm very cautious and safe, always keep my finger off the trigger unless I'm firing the gun. I love Glocks but am concerned about the trigger, basically the same as the XD but the XD has the grip safety.
I'm not helping you much. But, I bought both and will keep both. Maybe that's the answer for you as comparing these two is like comparing apples and oranges..jmho

tonys
tony l stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:59 AM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 29363
Whole reason I went with Glock and now XD is because I HATE having 2 different trigger pulls for one pistol. It's hard enough to master 1 trigger pull...
mr1incred1ble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 28501
You can't go wrong with the P30's Grip. It took a litlle playing around to find a good grip for my wife but once she found the combination she liked it really made a drastic improvement in her groups and confidence level. As far as accuracy goes, they both hit where you point them. I have an XDM .40 so I can't speak for the 9mm version but I prefer the XDM over the P30 due to its simplicity. The first time my wife cleaned her gun it took about a half an hour to develop a technique so she could disassemble it. After she had practiced for an hour, I brought mine out and in about five seconds had it in pieces on the table. You should have heard the words come out of her mouth!
It's not really that much more difficult to break it down, just a few more steps.
Accuracy has more to do with you than the pistol. That's where I think the P30 has the advantage. I shoot tighter groups with the P30 than I do with the XDM. But the XDM wins on simplicty. Just pick it up and shoot. There is no DA/SA to concern your self with but this point is debateable.
We own the P30 not the Long slide version.

I've put about 1500 rounds through my XDM and about 100 through the P30. I prefer the trigger on the XDM but I am slightly biased. I feel I'm more accurrate with the P30 though.

I agree about the SIG226. It is a decent weapon. I had the opportunity to try a 226 and a 229 side by side. I personally LOVED the 229. I would definately be my next pistol purchase.

I hope some of this rambling made sense. You won't be sorry with either if you end up buying one.
Hoel6466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 26580
I had an H&K and sold it because the controls were in the wrong place for me. I didn't like the take down. The trigger guard rubbed my finger and I did not like the mag release. I want all the controls on all my pistols to be in the same place. The H&K is a fine pistol, just not for me. I love my XDM's.
Flyfishtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #7
mdx
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30843
unless the p30l was an LEM I would go XDM. Still less capacity & more cost for start up amd mags. Friendly factory service ?? Simplicity as pointed out and a good point for XDM. I would venture to say the firepower , accuracy, and good looks of the XDM is a big ***** twister for the Germans. Thats why you will see then pushing out pistols with a trigger and more capacity as Sig , but none will sell at the XDM price. Its a better pistol the XDM . The finished product is milled to perfection.
mdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:33 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 31013
Kind of hard to compare these two guns as apples to apples. They are two different types of trigger systems. Depending on what you are used to or what you want to do with the gun will make one over the other better. If it is for carry buy the HK if it is for general shooting either will work fine. If your wanting to buy a gun to shoot IPSC etc then buy the XDm. The XDm mags are cheaper and a pretty straight forward gun to learn how to shoot well. For the P30 it takes a little bit more training to learn how to shoot it well with a double action first shot. HK is a better gun then the XDm however it is also more expensive. The HK will be easier to carry since it is a lot smaller. If it is for carry look at the HK P2000. It is the size of a standard P30, lots of holster choices and you can put a LEM trigger in it which would be the best of all worlds.

Good luck!
xdm9shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:34 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 31013
FYI the P30 is not available in a LEM trigger and the word from HK is they have no plans to offer it right now.
xdm9shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:30 AM   #10
mdx
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30843
FYI--Lets get the info correct . He is talking about an HK P30L not a P30. Also the LEM is available in the P30 and quite a few have been sold. As to it being better because it costs more is opinion.
HK H&K 9MM P-30 LEM TRIGGER NIB HECKLER & KOCH : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com
mdx is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

9mm, h&k, pistol, trigger, xdm

Search tags for this page
h&k p30l for sale
hk p30l
hk p30l .40 vs .9

hk p30l accuracy

hk p30l for sale

hk p30l lem
hk p30l lem reviews

hk p30l review

hk p30l vs xd

hk p30ls

hk p30ls for sale
hk p30ls review

p30l

p30l for sale
xdm 9mm vs hk p30l 9mm
xdm vs p30l review
Click on a term to search for related topics.