• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Looking for holster for XDM with tactical light mounted

This is a discussion on Looking for holster for XDM with tactical light mounted within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; I just got my new Springfield XDM .40 and equipped it with the Springfield XML tactical light (made by Insight). I am trying to find ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) » Looking for holster for XDM with tactical light mounted

Old 01-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 33192
Post Looking for holster for XDM with tactical light mounted

I just got my new Springfield XDM .40 and equipped it with the Springfield XML tactical light (made by Insight). I am trying to find a holster (clip or belt loop) that will hold the pistol with the light attached. So far I haven't had much luck. The only one I've found is here:
Uncle Mike's Law Enforcement

I'm not overly impressed with this option, but I will go this route if I can't find anything better. I like the Safariland ALS holsters, but they don't have one for Springfield XDs with lights attached.

Anybody seen anything else out there?
hpfontenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27817
Blade-tech makes holsters with light/laser options, but I don't know if they have one for the XD(M) yet....

Blade Tech holsters, knives and tactical gear for military, law enforcement, shooting competition and hunting.

Here's a thread about a holster for an XD45 w/light

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/hs2000-...c-tlr-2-a.html

Use the search function on this forum to dig up more info on blade-tech... Good luck with your search!
jankymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 28273
If you had some time and want a new hobby you could go to knifekits.com and order some of the tools and kydex and make your own. The materials are inexpensive and since they're heat molded if you mess up the shape you can re-heat and start over. I made one for my 92FS in .6 (thin for practice), I didn't make any measurements and it turned out to be not too bad.

Don't make me turn the CAPS lock on...
ghost--scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 33192
Has anybody had any experience with this company:
Leather & Nylon Holster - About the Holster

They have a very adjustable nylon holster that will accomodate the gun (I spoke to the owner on the phone yesterday), but I don't know if it will hold up. Anyone used or seen this holster before?
hpfontenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
jwh
XDTalk Member

Member #: 17656
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfontenot View Post
I ju

Anybody seen anything else out there?
I have a Don Hume holster for my XD 45 service with XML light.
Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

James
jwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 32121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost--scout View Post
If you had some time and want a new hobby you could go to knifekits.com and order some of the tools and kydex and make your own. The materials are inexpensive and since they're heat molded if you mess up the shape you can re-heat and start over. I made one for my 92FS in .6 (thin for practice), I didn't make any measurements and it turned out to be not too bad.
Thanks ghost--scout! I might do this with my XDm9 with Viridian X5L. Although they sell the Kydex that fits it for $70 it might be fun to make my own. If only I could make a leather/nylon for IWB for my setup. Ill look into this site further!
gM4dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 17158
Looking for the Same Holster

I just got a 9MM XDM and am looking for a kydex holster that will carry it with a TLR-2
dvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 2669
The February, 2009 issue of "Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement" has a review of the XD-m .40, and the author specifically mentions that he uses Safariland's 5188 paddle holster for his with a light attached, if that helps.

"Guns don't make you a killer. Killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game."

-Unknown
XDfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 34831
Hillsman Holster Company

I just got this e-mail from these guys:

We can build holsters for the XDm series as well as the XD. We may need the surefire tail cap for a brief time in order to guarantee fit. I will look into this more closely to see if this will be necessary. All holsters are built from the ground up to your specifications, so ride,cant, etc.. will all be considered during production. Can can call at anytime to further discuss your needs.

Dan 713 560-2454

The tail cap he mentions is the remote switch I have on my Surefire X300. So basically, this guy is saying he will do custom work.
StrangerDanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

.40, holster, light, xdm, xml

Search tags for this page
holster for springfield xd 40 with light

holster for springfield xdm with light

holster with light
springfield xd .40 with tactical light holster
springfield xd 40 tactical light holster
springfield xd flashlight holster

springfield xdm holster with light

springfield xds with light holster
tactical light holster for springfield xdm
xd 40 holster with light
xdm flashlight holster
xdm holster with light
Click on a term to search for related topics.