• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Springer vs Springfield Custom

This is a discussion on Springer vs Springfield Custom within the XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by kapt_krunch Uh... I don't think so... How about $265 plus shipping. I had the Carry Package performed. Holy ****... What all did ...

Old 09-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 74710
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapt_krunch View Post
Uh... I don't think so... How about $265 plus shipping. I had the Carry Package performed.
Holy ****...

What all did the carry package include?

XDm 9mm 3.8" Compact
PRP Kit
dk.easterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #12
XDTalk Member

Member #: 75340
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdcarrier View Post
I am very sure this has been debated up and down...but...Springer Precision or Springfield Custom Shop for a trigger on xdsc .40? I have contacted them both, Springer will only put the carry trigger in which sounds like what I want anyway for $150 and 10 business days, not sure how much shipping is, sounds reasonable considering a local guy is $250 and a really long time out. Springfield would put the combat trigger in for $145 plus $30 shipping both ways and about the same time frame. I have heard happy stories on both sides of the isle. Is the warrenty issue anything to be concerned about if I don't go with Springfield? Has anybody shot both of these triggers in order to compare them? Is 4-4.5 lbs too light for a carry weapon? Thanks.
Have you thought about buying the Springer or PRP kit and doing it yourself? No experience with the Springer, but the PRP was was an easy install.
Bikeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 79338
I just sent my XDM to SA today for the Combat Action job and green fiber optic front sight.
To me, no one knows more about the pistol than SA. It was a no brainer who to send it to. Plus they warrenty their work! What's not to like?
Shipping was 30.00 to return it; SA paid to get it there via Fed-Ex.
Richmond, VA
rgmcree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 66980
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdcarrier View Post
I have talked with both Springer and Springfield, Springfield's price is $145 plus $30 round trip shipping, Springer's price is $150 plug $90 shippings, does that seem outrageous? They said that overnight Fedex is required, why would Springfield be $60 less? Is a Springer trigger worth the extra?
I believe it is Because you don't have to pay the full FFL if you ship your gun to a manufacturer, I could be wrong. I had to send my LW Champion back to SA and I don't remember it being very expensive at all.
Smith & Wesson M&P 40 Black
Ruger LCP 380
Sig Sauer M400 AR 15
Arsenal SLR 106U 223 pistol (my favorite)
LUVMYGUNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #15
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 73279
There are other options if you are looking to save money. (1) Get the drop in trigger from PRP and install it yourself. (2) Get the ultimate easy fit trigger from PRP and either install it yourself or have a local gunsmith do it for you. I went with option 2. The installation is going to be $35 so im into it for around $140.
Bamaxd9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance

springer precision, springfield, trigger

Search tags for this page
custom springfield xd
custom springfield xd gunsmiths texas
custom xdsc
sprigfield xd gunsmiths

springer

springer combat trigger
springer trigger warranty

springer xdsc

springfield custom

springfield custom trigger xd
springfield custom versus springer
springfield precision
springfield xd cu#gsc.tab
springfield xd custom gunsmithing
springfield xd gunsmith in san antonio,tx
springfield xd-m custom gunsmithing
Click on a term to search for related topics.