• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

FrogLube = amazed!

This is a discussion on FrogLube = amazed! within the XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by JaydenH Not Impressed. But Bonehead, I think it would work GREAT as rust prevention when applied on the outside of guns, per ...

Old 06-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #51
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 73486
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaydenH View Post
Not Impressed.
But Bonehead, I think it would work GREAT as rust prevention when applied on the outside of guns, per the instructions on the box/tube. I will continue to use this stuff on the outside of my weapons for this reason.
CorrosionX, Eezox and Mil-comm have proven to be better rust preventatives in amateur tests.
Stratajema is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #52
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 45398
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay View Post
I experienced some wear the first time shooting with FL. I had followed their advice and wiped it down and shot it "dry". Bad advice. After that first use, I leave a light coat of FL on everthing exept the striker area. Since doing this I've experienced FAR less wear over the course of 1500 rounds than I did in a couple hundred rounds with Hoppes products. I couldn't be happier with the stuff.
What wear did you notice?

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
szhttm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #53
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 46983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratajema View Post
CorrosionX, Eezox and Mil-comm have proven to be better rust preventatives in amateur tests.
Regardless, it will work, and thats what i was saying.

I found TONS of wear on my charging handle and ALL contact points on the bolt carrier group. couldn't put my old oil on fast enough.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #54
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 61133
[QUOTE=szhttm;3403262]What wear did you notice?

Just finish wear on the top side of the barrel and locking block. Nothing serious but it was noticeable. Same thing was happening when I lubed with Hoppes oil. That's why I gave the FL a try. Since I started leaving a light coat of FL on everything I haven't noticed much/any additional wear. There are probably other products that are as good or better out there but, I like being able to clean/lube with one product that works well, isn't toxic,isn't messy, and smells good. I'm sticking with the FL.
timmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #55
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 54775
is there any lube that will 100% without fail prevent wear marks?

I keep my stuff clean and lubed with grease and they all show wear. I recently switched from red high temp firearm lube to the all purpose moly grease that I have not actually tried yet. the red grease is the only thing I ever lubed with and my .40 shows slight wear on the barrel and locking block. that's after 600/700 (?) rounds.

my AK bolt has been greased and at around 1000 rounds, it shows wear.

the grease is still there when I clean it so its not like it heats up and leaves. I just don't know if it can be avoided.
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #56
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 67234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
is there any lube that will 100% without fail prevent wear marks?
Nope - simply not going to happen. The action is so fast and furious that no amount of barrier grease/oil is going to prevent metal to metal contact, aka Barrel and Slide. It will however stop wearing (or should) after the friction points have come to a point where the metal is no longer impacted.

You could put thousands of rounds through it, then have it refinished! Then maybe the rounds would wear the parts enough where the contact points are less?

If there is ever a barrier protectant enough to prevent wear, it would sell like hot cakes!

XD-M 9mm 3.8 Compact
XD-S 45ACP 3.3
Glock 21 Gen4 45ACP
Taurus PT709 Slim 9mm
Kel-Tec KSG
Mossberg 500 Tactical
Colt M4 6920 MP FDE 5.56/223
Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Torked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #57
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 73225
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay View Post
I experienced some wear the first time shooting with FL. I had followed their advice and wiped it down and shot it "dry". Bad advice. After that first use, I leave a light coat of FL on everthing exept the striker area. Since doing this I've experienced FAR less wear over the course of 1500 rounds than I did in a couple hundred rounds with Hoppes products. I couldn't be happier with the stuff.
Same thing happened to me, but I apply with a Q-tip some FL on areas of movement, also with liquid FL I apply a very light coat to areas were there is a lot of build up of soot. That wat it just wipes off easier after a range visit.
GrandmasTampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #58
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 75615
If you like FrogLube you will like Silver Bullet Gun Oil. You can find it at silverbulletgunoil.net (sorry they won't let me post a link) I know it looks like bull crap but the stuff work better than anything I've tryed. If you clean with froglube and lube high wear area's with silver bullet gun oil or (SBGO) it's even better.
oldgunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #59
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72516
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgunfan View Post
If you like FrogLube you will like Silver Bullet Gun Oil. You can find it at silverbulletgunoil.net (sorry they won't let me post a link) I know it looks like bull crap but the stuff work better than anything I've tryed. If you clean with froglube and lube high wear area's with silver bullet gun oil or (SBGO) it's even better.
OK, I see someone new with their first post as an advertisement and I get skeptical. Did a little Google action and found this:

Silver Bullet Gun Oil test.. - TheFirearmsForum.Com

Might be worth a look

I'll start a new thread but here is the link: http://goo.gl/qHoOz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Ruger MK II .22LR
Hi-Point C9
Hi-Point .45ACP
Springfield XD9sc
Springfield XD(m) BiTone Competion 5.25 9mm
*PRP Ultimate Match Trigger Kit *SS Guide Rod *SS Ejector *SS Striker *Titanium Striker Indicator
Taurus Revolver .38
(4) 1928 - 1944 Mosin Nagant 91\30
H&R Pardner Pump 12G with Knoxx RS Tactical Stock
FTBoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #60
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 75615
sorry, didn't mean to sound like a commercial. a friend turned me on to it and it's the only oil I've seen that doesn't disappear over time. hope it helps someone.
oldgunfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance

Search tags for this page

frog lube

frog lube bore rust
frog lube forum

froglube

froglube failure
froglube forum
froglube inside barrel
froglube vs militec
militec 1 vs froglube
militec vs froglube
militec-1 vs froglube
royal purple gun lube
Click on a term to search for related topics.