• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

on the fence about springer trigger job?

This is a discussion on on the fence about springer trigger job? within the XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance forums, part of the XD Talk category; Travel to reset is reduced and there is a definitely noticeable click when it resets I suggest trying to find a buddy that has one ...

Old 05-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 26083
Travel to reset is reduced and there is a definitely noticeable click when it resets I suggest trying to find a buddy that has one done and trying it for yourself. It really is surprising how much a xd trigger can be improved
Mossberg 590 (314+)
XDM-45 Trijicon (547+)
Loaded S/S Champion (423+)
S&W M&P15 MOE (790)
Mossberg 935 SPX (105)
Remington 700 SPS Tactical (waiting on glass)
kirk22287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 48350
Kirk,

Did you get just the trigger job?

Has anyone done the trigger job and the factory clean up?
kynwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Correct just the trigger job on my xdm45. I think on my xd9 service though ill have the factory clean up and all pins replaced when I send it in for a trigger. It could definitely use a factory clean up, I treat that old nine mil like a red headed step child lol
Mossberg 590 (314+)
XDM-45 Trijicon (547+)
S&W M&P15 MOE (790)
Mossberg 935 SPX (105)
Old 05-18-2011, 11:51 PM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 33435
Springer did my open gun and it's great. I had the comp trigger and cleanup done. I don't carry it, but I just got a 3.8 that I do carry and will be sending him soon for trigger work.

Colt / Wilson Combat Commander 45acp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Bansheex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:30 AM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

i agree with bansheex somehow i get the feeling that my other two xd's are going to be on their way to scott pretty soon.
Mossberg 590 (314+)
XDM-45 Trijicon (547+)
S&W M&P15 MOE (790)
Mossberg 935 SPX (105)
Old 06-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #16
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 58460
I mentioned this on another trigger thread, but Springer Precision is definitely the way to go. I bought the trigger kit a week ago, and installed on my xd45 in less then an hour time from disassembly to assembly. my factory trigger pull went from a sloppy 5.5 lbs. of pull to a clean 3.5lbs. Some of you that are more mechanically inclined could buy the kit for $80, and install yourself with a few cheap gunsmith tools, saving the trouble of shipping and extra costs.
HiRiSeFMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #17
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 57957
My XDm .40 is going to be on its way to Springer on Monday...Combat Carry 3.5# trigger job and Dawson Precission front & rear FO adjustable sights...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

"A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
XDm_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #18
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 45398
Quote:
Originally Posted by BW Sports View Post
do you carry your weapon with you? I am on the fence about a trigger job myself. I feel 3.5lbs may be to low for a carry weapon.
I'm also on the same fence. The reports I have been able to see myself and from what I have heard/seen/read from the professional trainers is they recommend is a minimum of 5lbs. They are in somewhat the same agreement that if you are in a negative situations that with the adrenaline flow that you would not even feel the trigger and could accidentally shoot without even knowing. Just the rush of adrenaline in the blood flow could cause you to accidentally pull the trigger if you are in a situation that calls for your finger to be on the trigger.

Yeah, you could keep the finger off the trigger until needed but the issue is when you do have to place the finger on the trigger.

I just don't know...you can't really train for this. You could perform the stressful training type sessions where you run, shoot, run more, and shoot again; but, you still aren't getting that rush of the "fight or flight hormones" to know how it will affect you. These same "professionals" will also go one to say that they think this is why the accurate shooters miss their targets. The most recent version of this that I saw was on the Personal Defense TV show on the Sportsman Channel where Massad Ayoob touches on the rush of hormones and that the firearms shakes in your hand...

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
szhttm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #19
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 57957
Quote:
Originally Posted by szhttm View Post
Yeah, you could keep the finger off the trigger until needed but the issue is when you do have to place the finger on the trigger.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
Once I get to where I "need" to put my finger on the trigger I have already decided that whatever I am pointing at is going to get a hole in it... finger don't go on the trigger until its time to get to work...EVER, PERIOD

jmo....

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

"A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me."
XDm_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance

springer, springer precision, trigger job, xd trigger, xdm .45

Search tags for this page
how hard to do the springer precision trigger job on xdm
m1a socom 16 trigger

m1a trigger job

mossberg 590 trigger job

mossberg 835 trigger job
mossberg 935 trigger pull
s&wm&p15 trigger job
socom 16 trigger
socom16 trigger weight

springer trigger job

springer trigger kit
springer trigger not holding open aftee
springer trigger xd

trigger job

xdm45 springer precision trigger
Click on a term to search for related topics.