• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

HELP striker not releasing

This is a discussion on HELP striker not releasing within the XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance forums, part of the XD Talk category; here is the bottom of the striker where there is funny wear! i did not sand anything that contacts this area if that is what ...

Old 04-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 52624
here is the bottom of the striker where there is funny wear! i did not sand anything that contacts this area if that is what you mean, i only sanded the side of the sear so the ejector would fit back in, and also over travel stop. nothing else has ben sanded.

but these marks have ben happening even before i installed the trigger
Attached Thumbnails
HELP striker not releasing-imag0284.jpg  
cinderbricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #12
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 27457
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderbricks View Post
here is the bottom of the striker where there is funny wear! i did not sand anything that contacts this area if that is what you mean, i only sanded the side of the sear so the ejector would fit back in, and also over travel stop. nothing else has ben sanded.

but these marks have ben happening even before i installed the trigger
Photo was a little blurry but I don't think this would be the problem. You said that you didn't touch the areas where the striker and the sear engage each other, this wear seems normal, my tac has had this wear for a long time. I would move along the line of checking out the striker channel and cleaning it up.
carstensxd45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

thanks man... ok i cleaned the striker channel(which i dunno why i should have to after 200 rounds) but i did anyway. I also took a little bit off the over travel stop and it feels more solid of a click when i dry fire it..

sorry for the bad pic...
Old 04-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #14
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
thanks man... ok i cleaned the striker channel(which i dunno why i should have to after 200 rounds) but i did anyway. I also took a little bit off the over travel stop and it feels more solid of a click when i dry fire it..

sorry for the bad pic...

Well, how does she shoot? Have you had a chance to try it out with the striker cleaned out?
Old 04-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

YEP ALL FIXED.... i took about .010"-.015" more off the trigger overtravel stop.. and cleaned the striker channel... shot 100 rds thru it without a glitch!!

thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #16
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
YEP ALL FIXED.... i took about .010"-.015" more off the trigger overtravel stop.. and cleaned the striker channel... shot 100 rds thru it without a glitch!!

thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I was able to help in a small way, Happy Shooting!!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #17
XDTalk 100 Member

Thanks again man!!
Old 04-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #18
XDTalk Member

Member #: 49460
Another thing I've discovered after doing this job on my Anchorage XD40sc is that the plastic and metal parts of the pistol contact at different rates when it gets cold outside. I found that the overtravel stop adjustment was fine at room temperature but the sear would not release at all after about 30 minutes at 10 deg F.

I ended up leaving the gun out on the deck for an hour and then sanding the overtravel stop enough to get the sear to release the striker. There is now much more travel at room temperature than I'd like, but it works at any temperature.

Try this yourself by putting your pistol in the freezer for an hour or so, empty but cocked. Pick it up and, after verifying that it's unloaded, pull the trigger. If it releases-great, but if not, you'll need to do some more sanding and re-freezing until it's reliable.

If it doesn't freeze where you live, I'd still recommend checking it using the fridge. That would ensure it would work down to about 35 deg F at least.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #19
XDTalk Member

Member #: 55552
Find the Videos for this effort on this forum. They are very detailed and will guide your every step. I bet your answer will be in the following;

FREE videos of the XD and XDM by Springer Precision
BRE346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance

Search tags for this page
chiappa rhino gunsmiths omaha ne
glock striker trips when trigger released
glock striker will not release
glock trigger not releasing firing pin
glock trigger won't release

glock trigger won't release striker

glock will not release striker
prp trigger pull trigger and sear doesnt release striker
sear not releasing
striker fired pistol won't engage the sear
xd wont release striker
Click on a term to search for related topics.