• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Trigger Mod

This is a discussion on Trigger Mod within the XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance forums, part of the XD Talk category; I realize that this is the most talked about subject on here. And after reading many threads. I still feel a little confused on what ...

Old 01-06-2011, 05:35 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 51932
Trigger Mod

I realize that this is the most talked about subject on here. And after reading many threads. I still feel a little confused on what exact parts I need for what I want. I just want to reduce travel and reset. I have yet to been able to pin point what exact components do what, so that I know what to replace. Seems like every kit comes with similar items, with variants but have near same effect. I want to know what piece does what. And how it effects overall and the changes that are made when replacing it.
I'm kind of nit picky and don't want to jut buy a kit without knowing everything. Maybe some of you guys from PRP can clarify it all up.
Thanks.
(new XD owner)
BTW, I have a .45 service model
for he is Godís servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out Godís wrath on the wrongdoer. - Romans 13:4
illdingher is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 17528
Our striker safety lever is used to shorten up the take up (pre travel). It takes the pre travel and moves it to the over travel side of the trigger pull. Our over travel stop (we have several over travel stops. The one built in to the back of the trigger is the best method available) then limits the distance that the trigger can be pulled. The combination of shorter pre travel and shorter over travel both shorten the reset.

The springs are used to lower the pull weight. You can have both of the springs, neither of them, or one or the other, installed to vary the pull weight.

This would be our ultimate easy fit trigger kit.
PRP Ultimate Easy fit XD Trigger Kit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
powder river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 51932
Thanks. I get it now. Not at first. Then I watched your video. And it just clicked. I went online right away and bought that kit.

Here's what my mind for some reason didn't connect, that the over travel stop piece IS the back tab on the new trigger. I thought it had a different use because of where it's positioned. Finally got that it's doing same job just different place. (even with the same name!! Idiot)
And what made sense was that it's needed so that after the gun is fired it doesn't keep moving back further than it needs to be. Thus creating a longer reset. Wich was created by the striker safety lever. Hahaha.
Thanks again. I can't wait to recieve my kit and go shooting.
for he is Godís servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out Godís wrath on the wrongdoer. - Romans 13:4
illdingher is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance

prp, trigger

Search tags for this page
illdingher
pretravel
prp trigger mod

trigger mod

trigger mods for xd subcompact
what is trigger mod
xd pretravel mod
xd subcompact trigger pull mod
xd talk gunsmith trigger
xd trigger mod
xd trigger w/ prp spring combination
Click on a term to search for related topics.