• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Best/Favorite Cleaning Kit (45acp)

This is a discussion on Best/Favorite Cleaning Kit (45acp) within the XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance forums, part of the XD Talk category; Ok guys/gals I need a decent little kit to clean my two .45acps (1911, XD45c) I have been using the usual Rem Oil, Q-Tips, Towels, ...

Old 07-30-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 41717
Best/Favorite Cleaning Kit (45acp)

Ok guys/gals I need a decent little kit to clean my two .45acps (1911, XD45c)

I have been using the usual Rem Oil, Q-Tips, Towels, Bore-Snake, and Brian Enos Slide Glide

But I would like to know what you guys use for a "kit" or if you even use a kit. I am just trying to get organized. I try to clean my Pistols after every range visit.

I moved out of my Parent's place a while ago, so I can't "borrow" Dad's stuff anymore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Quote:
XD's are like fat chicks, they eat anything you feed them, and they can never get enough
Carolinaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-30-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
pricy, but has everything but a jag
(2.00 add on)

M-Pro 7 Tactical Kit - Gun Cleaning Products

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:43 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmp22 View Post
pricy, but has everything but a jag
(2.00 add on)

M-Pro 7 Tactical Kit - Gun Cleaning Products

Looks like a nice kit, they have it over at Opticsplanet.net where I'm building a cart now

Quote:
XD's are like fat chicks, they eat anything you feed them, and they can never get enough
Old 07-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaboy View Post
Looks like a nice kit, they have it over at Opticsplanet.net where I'm building a cart now
there are kits cheaper, and honestly you can go to walmart and buy everything for about 30 bucks, but I paid 48 dollars out the door about three years ago and it has been really nice for me

IWB

OWB
Old 07-30-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks!

Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

plus...there was this great experience

Huge Props To M-Pro 7 and Pantheon Chemical

IWB

OWB
Old 07-30-2010, 10:00 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 40829
For a simple kit I like otis the only kit that will clean most guns really well and fit in a pocket.
zombiekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #8
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 20873
As far as Gun Oil, I found lately that the BEST is: EEZOX.
It's a syntetic oil, that will clean - lubricate - prevent rust better than any other product on the market. There are several, head to head tests,against the most popular other products, that prove it. Just goole it.
Save your money, forget about kits. They are a waste of money.
Get youself a HOPPE'S "Bore Snake" for your exact caliber, a brush or two and the EEZOX gun oil. Thats all you need.
You'll thank me for it. You can always buy a fancy kit later.
My free $0.02
masmergadol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiekiller View Post
For a simple kit I like otis the only kit that will clean most guns really well and fit in a pocket.
had i seen those at the time, i may have gone that direction, they are nice too

IWB

OWB
Old 07-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmergadol View Post
As far as Gun Oil, I found lately that the BEST is: EEZOX.
It's a syntetic oil, that will clean - lubricate - prevent rust better than any other product on the market. There are several, head to head tests,against the most popular other products, that prove it. Just goole it.
Save your money, forget about kits. They are a waste of money.
Get youself a HOPPE'S "Bore Snake" for your exact caliber, a brush or two and the EEZOX gun oil. Thats all you need.
You'll thank me for it. You can always buy a fancy kit later.
My free $0.02
thats why i had mentioned you could build your own, buy just what you need as you need it.....but it was there, i was there, and it was shiny

thats my downfall....new and shiny equals going home with me

the crappy economy is not because of me

IWB

OWB

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance

Search tags for this page

.45 acp cleaning kit

1911 45 acp cleaning kit

1911 cleaning kit

45 acp cleaning kit

45 acp good handgun cleaning kits
45 acp gun cleaning kit
45acp cleaning kit
best .45 1911 gun cleaner
best .45 gun cleaning kit
best 1911 cleaning kit
best 1911 gun cleaning kit
best 45 acp cleaning kit
gun cleaning kit 45 acp
most reccomended 45acp cleaning kit
springfield xd cleaning kit
what is a good cleaning kit for a .45 acp
Click on a term to search for related topics.