• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XD-40 4" Trigger Jam (Not a new type of grease)

This is a discussion on XD-40 4" Trigger Jam (Not a new type of grease) within the XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance forums, part of the XD Talk category; I have the aforementioned XD. It is my carry gun. Yesterday, I had been shooting about a half hour when the trigger jammed. There was ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance » XD-40 4" Trigger Jam (Not a new type of grease)

Old 02-19-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
JLO
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 21941
Question XD-40 4" Trigger Jam (Not a new type of grease)

I have the aforementioned XD. It is my carry gun. Yesterday, I had been shooting about a half hour when the trigger jammed. There was no movement in the "USA Trigger System", or the trigger itself.

I had noticed some occasional 'catching' in prior rounds, but this completely stopped action on the range. It required significant about of pressure to fire the round and then the pistol ran fine for the rest of the afternoon.

Since it is my carry pistol, I keep it clean all the time. If I shoot it, I clean it. So, it is unlikely it was grit or dirt. It has to be something in the firing linkage...

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I will be taking it apart later today and looking for the usual suspects, (burrs, dents, gravel, etc...) and will post any results here. Any additional ideas are appreciated.
JLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
Any aftermarket mods?
Are you sure you are disengaging the trigger safety, maybe too little trigger finger? I would check around the trigger safety for burrs etc...
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance

jam, trigger

Search tags for this page
40 xd trigger
grease gun trigger jam
repair xd 9 trigger

shotgun trigger jam

trigger for xd 40

trigger jam

types of xd 40

usa trigger for xd40

what is a good trigger for a xd 40 4

www.xd.it

xd .40 4 jam

xd 40 trigger

xd 40 type

xd-40 trigger

xd40 trigger

Click on a term to search for related topics.