• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

carry: XDs vs. XD(m) in 45ACP

This is a discussion on carry: XDs vs. XD(m) in 45ACP within the XD-45ACP Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; No trouble concealing XDM3.8c in 9mm with 13 rnd magazine, using kydex/horsehide IWB by local company <tripleTholster.com>. In .45 and 9 rounds, you need to ...

Old 09-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #11
LSL
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 63650
No trouble concealing XDM3.8c in 9mm with 13 rnd magazine, using kydex/horsehide IWB by local company <tripleTholster.com>. In .45 and 9 rounds, you need to comPare size of frame/magazine. My hands do not fit the XDs grip, but do like midsize XDM back.

ARRL / HLSR / NRA
SA XDM 3.8 compact 9mm
with IWB of kydex/horsehide made by Triple T Holsters
Ruger LC9
Walther P22
LSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #12
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 74079
I have an xdm 45 compact its a good carry gun but a little heavy fully loaded. I have a glock 36 too which is a great carry gun but I eventually plan on getting the xds bc the 36 is not a ton more comfortable than the xdm 45c. I think if you have been comfortable carrying the xd sc the xdm compacts really are not that much larger the biggest difference is the slide length because of the longer barrel which really is not to big of a deal for concealing.
inanebignate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:03 AM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71466
I have the XDm 3.8 45 and the XDs. I have not gotten a holster yet for the s or got it on my permit (I got signed off a couple of weeks ago for shooting it but just today got around to calling the Sheriff dept.) The whole reason I bought the s was that the m is just too heavy (more than size it's weight for me) to carry around all the time. If I had an OWB for it then in the winter probably it wouldn't be a problem at all, but summer carry, t-shirts and shorts it's get's old. (I've done it, in fact carried it almost every waking hour for three days in southern CA in the heat).

The s is gonna be the ticket. so slim and so much lighter. I can't wait to carry it.

I do love the m though, and love that with the extended mag I have a full size (or commander size) gun that shoots like it. The s with hot loads isn't enjoyable, although from the 100 I've put through it so far I shoot it accurately. I have had no issues whatsoever with mine other than there were a couple of marks on the slide on one side from the factory, but since it'll get holster wear I'm not too worried about it (and they're very minor, I just notice ****)

Red
Dago_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30124
I'm carrying the XDm 3.8c in 45 now. I want an XDs at some point but I'm going to wait a year or two and let them work out any kinks it may have first.
EvilElmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #15
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 55280
Kinda in same boat. Waited and waited on XDs,got tired of the the delays and bought a XDm compact .45. Really like the 3.8,but I think it is a little large for IWB. So,the 3.8 makes a prefect HD,IDPA and OWB for me. Got a Kahr P9 for IWB. So for,all is good.
FXDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 78374
I am going with the Walther PPS! The wife's EDC is the XDs but I love that little Walther!
lamerem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #17
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 75812
I've had Glock 36's before but now we own XD-45s so I may just have to get one of these.
runningrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #18
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 80120
I have an xds, xd45 compact, xd40sc, and have had my eye on xdm45compact, and I do understand the benefits of the xds in the summer heat first hand. It is much easier to carry two 7 extra round mags than my xd45 or 40 when it's hot and it's always hot down here.
CarlWinslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #19
XDTalk Member

Member #: 56792
XDs for Carry

I am finding the XDs incredibly more comfortable for carry than my XDm .40 compact (which I sold). This handgun is wonderful, and unlike some others, I have had zero FTF issues. I have the bitone model, and it's a very attractive handgun. I recently gave it an alcohol bath to strip off all of the oils and applied Froglube to it. The stuff is absolutely great and now my handgun smells like wintergreen. I'm glad I chose this as my carry gun. I'm even comfortable carrying OWB. It's so slim and small, it's hardly noticeable. SA does it again.
JeffBullock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #20
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 71939
I had both. The XDm .45acp is an awesome gun ... never had an issue and I CCW'ed it for about a year.

It is significantly larger then the XDS. I find the XDS to be a better overall carry option all around , but I'd be lying if I said I had any issues concealing the XDm c.

So you can't go wrong -- the XDs is my favorite handgun ever and I can conceal it in EVERYTHING I wear , and it can go in the pocket no problem.

The XDm could conceal pretty much in everything , however no pocket option and the XDs is more comfy.

Can't go wrong either way .

M&P Shield 9mm , Truglo TFO Night Sights , Apex Hard Sear , Safety Delete , First GK Nano Series Black Chrome Slide Finish in the World.

Latest Build : PSA M4 16" CMV CL 1/7 Upper , Spikes ST-15 Spider Lower ) , PSA LPK , Daniel Defense BCG , Spikes CH.
Minkman555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-45ACP Discussion Room

.45acp, carry, ccw, xd(m), xds

Search tags for this page

best compact 45 acp concealed carry 2012

springfield xd 45 vs xds 45

springfield xdm 45 vs xds 45
xd 3.8 45 acp compact vs xd (s)

xd 45 vs xds 45

xd subcompact vs xds

xd vs xds

xdm 3.8 compact 45 vs xds
xdm 45 vs
xdm vs xds
xds 45 acp

xds 45 acp for sale

xds 45 vs xd 45
xds 45 vs xdm 45 compact
xds 9mm vs xds .45acp
Click on a term to search for related topics.