• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Ejecting issue

This is a discussion on Ejecting issue within the XD-45ACP Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I have shot a ton of factory FMJ, like Winchester White Box, Blazer and Federal American Eagle all 230g, for target pratice at the range. ...

Old 08-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 37528
Ejecting issue

I have shot a ton of factory FMJ, like Winchester White Box, Blazer and Federal American Eagle all 230g, for target pratice at the range. The rounds all eject at a 90 to 135 degree angle. Recently, I decided it was time to shoot some 'real' rounds to make sure I stay in practice for the stuff with more recoil, the self defense rounds were 230g Hornady and Corbon (could have been +P) for 40 rounds total.

Fortunately, I had a friend with me shooting and was able to verify that the SD rounds ejected over the shoulder at about 135 to 160 degree angle. So, I don't remember from previous experience this happening at such an extreme angle.

I was not able to find any information on searching, but is this normal for higher power rounds or, just guessing, is it time to replace the extractor?
Old 08-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 28164
It takes a ton of rounds to wear out an extractor. Generally it will break before wearing out. If the case is ejecting I wouldn't worry about the angle.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 52037
Oh ... wait ... never mind ... you were not talking about what I thought you were ...
Old 08-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 13228
Mine pitches brass everywhere. It has no definite 1 pile place with mine. As long as yours pitches the old, and loads the new, Rock on, job done.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 37528
Thanks for the responses.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14667
The higher the pressure round, generally the further the brass ejects form the gun. WWB is pretty low pressure, any +P load is going to toss brass. My various 357sigs all throw cases a good 15ft from me.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-45ACP Discussion Room

.45, ejecting, ejecting issues

Search tags for this page

federal american eagle vs winchester white box

practice rounds that self eject
winchester white box .45 not ejecting
winchester white box 230g
Click on a term to search for related topics.