• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Xdm 5.25 45acp

This is a discussion on Xdm 5.25 45acp within the XD-45ACP Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I already own a XD9 Subcompact which I love, but I'm looking to get another with a little more punch behind it. So I'm looking ...

Old 06-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 75653
Question Xdm 5.25 45acp

I already own a XD9 Subcompact which I love, but I'm looking to get another with a little more punch behind it. So I'm looking at the XDM 5.25 45acp. Just looking for some reviews on how you guys like it and if anyone thinks the 5.25 is a little long for carry.
walley91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 71319
I have both those guns. Love them both. My EDC is he 45. I gave a CBST and normally don't have a problem carrying even though it's a bit large. Does dig in a little in the car. On short trips it's not a problem, on longer trips it comes out of the holster.
Goowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
Welcome Walley from Texas! While carrying a 5.25 can be done, IMOP its WAY too long, and not really practical compared to your 3" sc. Ease of concealment is not so much in the length of the barrel, but the length and size of the grip.

In the realms of handguns, "punch" is a myth, especially if comparing the 9mm to the .45acp. If you want an XDM, I would consider the 3.8 compact. The grip is the same size as your SC, and is also expandable. If you want a hotter or spicier round, get it in a .40 s&w.

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Awesome, thanks a lot. I was about to buy a kimber until I found that 5.25. The customer service reviews that I've found on kimber sound like a nightmare! For how much cheaper and reliable the Xd's are I think im going to have to go with the XDM. From what I've read no one has had any problems with their XD's and I love mine.

XD9 subcompact
Browning BAR 7mm Rem Mag Safari BOSS
Rock River Arms M4 w/ Trijicon ACOG TA01-ECOS
CPL/USMC 5th Marines
Old 06-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.E. Tx.XD View Post
Welcome Walley from Texas! While carrying a 5.25 can be done, IMOP its WAY too long, and not really practical compared to your 3" sc. Ease of concealment is not so much in the length of the barrel, but the length and size of the grip.

In the realms of handguns, "punch" is a myth, especially if comparing the 9mm to the .45acp. If you want an XDM, I would consider the 3.8 compact. The grip is the same size as your SC, and is also expandable. If you want a hotter or spicier round, get it in a .40 s&w.
Well my main carry was going to stay the XD9 for obvious reasons, but I want a full sized as well. I was just curious on how people felt with having the XDM and the 5 1/4 barrel strapped to their side for a day. On the subject on there not being much difference between the .45 and the 9mm.. well thats a debate that will be around long after our time. It's like republican vs democrat. haha

XD9 subcompact
CPL/USMC 5th Marines
Old 06-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
I can see wanting a full size XD/m. Thus why the 4" service was my first. It serves as my household main battle pistol, and outfitted more so to be.

Agreed, the 9mm, .45 argument is old. But after being around the block a few times, I have learned that pistol "punch/ stopping power/ knock down power" is just myth. Stopping an assailant with a handgun is the direct result of the loss of pulmonary hydro-static pressure. ie shock from bleed out. The ONLY advantage the .45 holds is that it makes bigger holes, which may also facilitate a quicker stop. The Wonder 9's have made up HUGE ground in SD ammunition over the last 25 years, making it very formidable. But studies also say that 50% or more of rounds fired in a gunfight miss their target. If this is truly the case, I opt in for capacity.

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.E. Tx.XD View Post
I can see wanting a full size XD/m. Thus why the 4" service was my first. It serves as my household main battle pistol, and outfitted more so to be.

Agreed, the 9mm, .45 argument is old. But after being around the block a few times, I have learned that pistol "punch/ stopping power/ knock down power" is just myth. Stopping an assailant with a handgun is the direct result of the loss of pulmonary hydro-static pressure. ie shock from bleed out. The ONLY advantage the .45 holds is that it makes bigger holes, which may also facilitate a quicker stop. The Wonder 9's have made up HUGE ground in SD ammunition over the last 25 years, making it very formidable. But studies also say that 50% or more of rounds fired in a gunfight miss their target. If this is truly the case, I opt in for capacity.
I agree the difference is not substantial, but the .45 does cause more internal damage. The 9mm's velocity gives the round a lot more penetration especially if your shooting FMJ. A person will have a much better chance of getting up after being hit with that fast round is much more likely than a .45 that's mass will devastate the area that is hit. And the 13 round mag for the .45 is still pretty good! Regardless obviously you know what your talking about so I'm just preaching to the choir, but if I had the choice to be shot by one or the other, I would choose the 9mm hands down.

XD9 subcompact
CPL/USMC 5th Marines
Old 06-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 27457
business as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by walley91 View Post
I already own a XD9 Subcompact which I love, but I'm looking to get another with a little more punch behind it. So I'm looking at the XDM 5.25 45acp. Just looking for some reviews on how you guys like it and if anyone thinks the 5.25 is a little long for carry.
Been carrying my 5.25 xdm 45 daily ever since they came out. One of the first in the US to get one from the distributor. Anyway, carry in a Serpa, OWB, 3:00 position. not a problem, dress around your gun, Remember, Bring enough gun!!
carstensxd45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 66064
I own & really like my XDm 5.25"s, I have the 9mm & .45 both great shooters but to big to carry at least for me. I carry XDm 9mm or .45 3.8" in a CBST w/comfort. Soon my carry will be my XDS.
richeyo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49511
I have the XDm45 5.25 and found it is no more accurate than my XD45 service model. I traded a gen4 G21 for it and wish it would have been an XDm45 4.5 instead.

My XDm9 4.5 has a better ballance than the 5.25 wich is why I want a .45acp in the 4.5" barrel length.

XDm9 compact
XDm9 competition
XDm45 compact
XDm45 competition
Sig 229R
Ruger MKII competition slab side

HK93 5.56
PSA AR15 premium 5.56
SKS M paratrooper
SKS SGgunworks bullpup
Draco SBR
Yugo M85 SBR
VEPR 54r
Many old military rifles and current hunting rifles

Remington 870P MAX
Many old shotguns. single shot, over under, bolt action, pump. All 45 years old and older.
mustang_gtcs is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-45ACP Discussion Room

45 acp, carry, review, xdm 45 5.25

Search tags for this page
springfield xdm 45 5.25 review
springfield xdm 5.25 45 acp review
xdm 45 5.25
xdm 45 5.25 review
xdm 45 competition review
xdm 5.25
xdm 5.25 .45 review

xdm 5.25 45

xdm 5.25 45 accuracy

xdm 5.25 45 acp review

xdm 5.25 45 acp reviews
xdm 5.25 45 review
xdm 5.25 45acp review

xdm reviews 45 acp

xdm-45 5.25 review
Click on a term to search for related topics.