• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

When to Replace the Recoil Spring on the 4" .45 XD?

This is a discussion on When to Replace the Recoil Spring on the 4" .45 XD? within the XD-45ACP Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I know one generally replaces the recoil spring on a 1911 full size at about 3K rounds, 2K rounds on a Commander, and Kimber is ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-45ACP Discussion Room » When to Replace the Recoil Spring on the 4" .45 XD?

Old 03-20-2012, 01:49 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 68063
When to Replace the Recoil Spring on the 4" .45 XD?

I know one generally replaces the recoil spring on a 1911 full size at about 3K rounds, 2K rounds on a Commander, and Kimber is saying, replace the recoil spring on their Officer size .45 at 900 rounds! So, I wondered, "How often should I replace the recoil spring assembly on my XD .45ACP Compact?" I didn't see the answer here, so I e-mailed SA. I will not cut and paste the e-mail, as there is a disclaimer, requesting that it not be forwarded, etc. But here is what the customer service rep said.
'XDs have been tested to 25K rounds and beyond without parts replacement. Depends on what ammo you are shooting. Change it sooner if shooting +P, later if shooting reduced or target loads. Maybe replace the recoil spring assembly around 10K rounds, or if you notice that the fired cases are ejecting much farther away from the gun than when it was new. The Part Number is XD4591 and the current retail price is $29.'
charley59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-20-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 35632
Good to hear what SA says, 10K sounds like a lot, but at least you know what they recommend. I say do whatever your comfortable with or if you sense a problem, maybe 3K - 5K seeing what your doing with your other pistols.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
When you notice brass is ejecting a lot further than it normally does.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-45ACP Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
change recoil spring in 45
how often change parts xd forum
how often replace recoil assembly
how often replace recoil assembly xd
how often should the recoil spring be replaced in a springfield xd45

how often should u replace the springs in a springfield xdm ?

how often to change recoil spring xd 45

how often to replace xd recoil spring

replacement recoil spring assembly for xd .45 compact

springfield xd 45 acp replacement recoil spring

xd 45 4 recoil spring

xd 45 recoil spring

xd recoil spring

xd recoil spring replacement

xd-45 4 in recoil assembly
Click on a term to search for related topics.