• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Screwed over by Cabela's, but I still love my XD

This is a discussion on Screwed over by Cabela's, but I still love my XD within the XD-45ACP Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I sold guns in Washington state for 9 years. There's a three day waiting period. This was back in the dark ages before NCIS checks. ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-45ACP Discussion Room » Screwed over by Cabela's, but I still love my XD

Old 03-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #31
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 21415
I sold guns in Washington state for 9 years. There's a three day waiting period. This was back in the dark ages before NCIS checks.

1. You pay for the gun BEFORE the waiting period starts. We could not fill out the 4473 and Washington state forms till the gun was paid in FULL.

2. Paperwork is filled out and the gun is logged out in the bound book the day of the TRANSACTION not the date the gun was picked up. Bound book entries and 4473 dates had to match.

3. If a person was to change their mind there would be another three day waiting period another 4473 and another set of Washington state forms.

Here in Oregon there's no waiting period. But when the background check is called in the make, model and serial number of the gun is required.

As for Illinois.

Gun laws in the United States (by state) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note at the bottom where it says this.
Quote:
When purchasing a handgun in Illinois there is a 72-hour waiting period after the sale before the buyer can take possession; the waiting period for a long gun is 24 hours.

This Veteran is heavily medicated for your safety.

A lot not alot or allot
Threw, through, thru know the difference.
Your, you're
An or and
There, their, they're

Homonyms work sheet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

List of homonyms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Cannibul is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #32
XDTalk Member

Member #: 55847
While it's no secret that Cabelas and Bass Pro have awful customer service when it comes to the gun counter....

The fact is you screwed yourself man. Not to sound like an echo in here but unless it's 100% what you want...hold on to your money.

CZ-75 P07 9mm
Para Ordnance GI Expert
HK USP Compact .45
SA-XD 5" DKETH 9mm

Sig Sauer 556
Mauser (Spanish) M1916
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Remington 700SPS .308
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #33
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42843
i recently had a bad experience at cabelas also, i wanted to see an item they keep behind the glass shelf on the backwall, the guy claimed they didn't have what i was looking for, i pointed at the boxes sitting there directly behind him and he said yeah thats not what you need its a different model number, i asked if i could look at one of the boxes anyways dispite being the wrong part for my gun, he shrugged sighed and grabbed the box for me halfwillingly, i look at the part number on the box once finally in my hand and what do you know it IS the correct part number he was just too lazy, old and grumpy to look..... cocky bastard gun salesman with the oh hes not interested in a gun so i'm gona help him half ass, i'm never shopping there again!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #34
XDTalk Member

Member #: 55813
Yeah the Cabelas in Hammond is always packed with rednecks and thugs. Stock is usually wiped, the staff is usually slammed with people just looking. But, I made the mistake from buying from them. The price was ok and when I picked it out it was the end of the night and there was only like 3 customers there. The employee tried to show me that you can mount the reloader under the pistol on the rail. :-s I had to ship to an FFL in Illinois so they charged $25 for shipping to about 10 miles. Plus, the FFL charged me $40 to processes. I would have been better off buying locally and having them match the price. The local gun shop people know their stuff and are not crazy busy with idiots. Don't make the same mistake we did.

Sorry to hear about not getting the one you wanted. Call around next time before you go out. I think the safety is not needed as long you keep your booger finger off the trigger. If you want to safe it even more, unload it and disengage the trigger then put your clip back in. That way you have to cock it to shoot. just a thought.

XD9611HCSP06 . . . and counting

"The difficult we do today, the impossible just takes a little longer " - US Navy Sea Bees
SparkyXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #35
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 43295
Wow, some of you really have to be comprehension-challenged. I love my XD. The safety wasn't a make or break otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

Back to policy: You put money down (basically a "layaway") and after the waiting period you officially purchase the gun. If one decides to put 99.9% down it is still a layaway until the gun is purchase, therefore the store is still the official owner to see if it is legal to transfer ownership to you, thus a purchase is made.

It's amazing how quick some people are to say "it's your own fault" when they don't even know the laws or policies (or even the topic of this thread- read the subject). It was my fault I didn't get what I was originally shopping for, but, again, the safety was not something to make or break the sale. The research I did just pissed me off about the laziness of those people who work at the Cabela's gun counter.
JesterMasque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #36
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 55702
sorry to hear that...
I've always steered clear from buying my guns at Cabelas, they just don't have a good reputation around here, (at least in my personal circles).
Go to a local store next time, I'll bet you are treated much more like a human being.
travisfraughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #37
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 56097
It is so foreign to me to hear these bad stories about the Cabela's gun counter. Maybe it's just the fact that the stores in Nebraska tend to be better staffed, but I've never had issues. Both firearms that I have bought through Cabela's came out problem free for me, the guy I worked with (same guy for both) knew his stuff and was very willing to help, and both times I was there was on a Saturday at about 1 in the afternoon. My 700 was purchased a month before Christmas, and it was PACKED. My XD45 Tactical was bought on a busy Saturday.

Maybe it is just how I shop, but both times I went in there knowing roughly what I wanted and had done extensive research PRIOR to entry into the store. When I got there, the only thing I really had to do was hold the firearm, inspect it, make sure everything was up to snuff, maybe make a few decisions on size or fit and finish, and pay and I was done. The 700 I walked in, asked for a 700 ADL in .308, guy said they don't have any ADL's, but they have the same package in the SPS line, paid for and DONE. The XD, I waffled a little bit between a Glock 21C and the XD45 Tactical (no full sized .45 ACP XDm's) or a Glock 22 and an XDM40, this guy knew I reloaded from when I purchased my reloading equipment there, recommended the .45 due to quantity and quality of reloading components, as well as reminded me that the .45 ACP doesn't recoil nearly as bad as the .40S&W, and I was sold on the .45, just needed to decide between the 21C and the XD45 Tactical, and that was a no brainer. Paid for and walked out. Both instances, took maybe a half hour and the guy helped me find the other accessories I wanted.

I do all of my shopping the same way. If I know what I want when I walk in, I've done all the research and made up my mind on what I'm buying, I don't pay for anything else, especially if it is less than what I want, especially when it comes to items that are a pain to return or can't be returned once opened. If for some reason I need help, I've got all the info there on what I need help with, and do my best to make it as painless as possible for all parties involved.

I like my Cabelas, the only thing I don't like is their pricing. I paid probably about 100$ more than I should have for my XD. Ohh well, worth it for the little bit of extra Customer Service that the guy did for me.
Whiskey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #38
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 53737
Quote:
Originally Posted by UofHdevildog View Post
It most likely would've been way cheaper to have bought one online an have it shipped to an FFL. I'll never buy at gun a the two big outdoor stores. At the Pearland BPS last August they had their XDm 45 priced at about $980! You could almost buy 2 XD's for that much.
X2. I buy my weapons form CDNN and they only charge 19$ for shipping (even for two pistols).

And, I like XD because it's price is not only good but it has the conservative look than the funky XDM. No flaming replies please.
Dragunov
thunderstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #39
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 54608
I am not buying into the lost stock. I know these guys and gals at this stoore take care of themselves and their regular customers. That gun was never lost. Someone else was looking into it and may have still had intrest when it was time to pick up. I only shop their if there is a good sale on one particulat item or there gift card offer they send out in Septmber. The store sucks since they closed the upstairs and its like shopping at a k-mart with overpriced goods. I will only go to that store if the have a gun on sale that i cant get at that price anywhere else. I like the Hammond store much better. BPS is a fishing store so dont expect any good service at the gun counter.
jeggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #40
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 53737
I hope Cabelas staff are reading this post -- the best way to lose a customer and turn away potential customer.
Dragunov
thunderstrike is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-45ACP Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
cabela's gun layaway
cabela's gun layaway policy
cabela's layaway

cabelas gun layaway

cabelas gun layaway policy

cabelas layaway

cabelas layaway guns

cabelas layaway policy
cabelas online layaway
does cabelas do layaway
does cabelas do layaway on firearms

does cabelas have layaway

does cabelas have layaway on guns
does cabelas offer layaway
gun layaway illinois
when you pay off a gun on layaway do you still have to wait 24 or 72 hours
Click on a term to search for related topics.