• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Springer Trigger job = Great

This is a discussion on Springer Trigger job = Great within the XD-45ACP Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I just finished putting the Springer Precision Trigger kit in my XD-45 Tactical. It was easy, and only took a little filing on the front ...

Old 01-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 51826
Springer Trigger job = Great

I just finished putting the Springer Precision Trigger kit in my XD-45 Tactical. It was easy, and only took a little filing on the front corner of the trigger bar to fit. I didn't end up taking anything off the rear portion. The parts functioned just right, as shown in the videos. The videos helped a lot. Smooth trigger, almost no overtravel.

I've also got an extended mag release, metal cocked indicator pin and a solid guide rod in the gun. I'm anxious to get to the range this weekend and practice for the next USPSA match at the local club.
Hotrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
Old Timer

Member #: 41775
Springer makes great products and does great service...Been meaning to send something to them to get worked on but haven't got the chance...Congrats on the new upgrades, let us know how she shoots...Be safe...
Old 01-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6127
time for a range trip!!!!! and report
XD compact 4in, 45 acp black,
XD bi tone service 9
COUPLE SHOTGUNS
COWBOY GUNS

BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF TOO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
shaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Tomorrow morning will be my first USPSA club match of the year. I'll report how it goes. I use this pistol exclusively for action pistol and multi-gun matches.

I'm still shooting factory ammo. I have components and brass to start working up lighter match loads and see if a lighter recoil spring is needed.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

results report: We had a local match today. It was between 30 and 32 degrees. First stage didn't go so well. Multiple light strikes, fail to fire. I used a can of spray cleaner to hose out the striker channel. It worked fine the rest of the match (4 more stages). I must have gotten some oil in the striker area. Not good on a cold day.

While fitting the trigger kit, I stopped just as I got the striker to drop on it's own. Watch the videos that Springer Precision has on their web site to see what I mean.

During the fitting and dry firing practice this past week, it sometimes seemed that it might not be breaking as clean as it should. I went back in and removed a little more from the trigger bar to try to get a better, clean break on the striker. It is more positive in the break and didn't create any overtravel. I think I was really close the first time and it just needed a little more.

With the cold weather, and maybe a little drag on the break from the sear, and a little oil in the striker channel, I think it lead to some light primer strikes.

Cleaning it out helped. My cold weather prep will now only be a drop of oil on the slide to the steel rails and that is it.

BTW, the spray cleaner I used is the Hornady Cleaner and Dry lube. It fits in a range bag and has now helped me and others out when a gun or magazine is behaving badly.

I had put 50 rounds through the pistol on Saturday without any trouble. The gun wasn't in the cold long enough to suffer the chills. Next time I'll leave it locked in the (unheated) work shop overnight and test it cold.

Overall I'm happy with the results and look forward to more range time. The Trigger is better, shorter, lighter, faster reset and no overtravel.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 53474
Does that cause it to eliminate the trigger safety? when I get my xd 45c for ccw should I do this trigger mod to mine.
Hitekrednek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #7
XDTalk Member

Member #: 48965
The trigger kit does not replace the trigger. It replaces the trigger spring, trigger bar, sear spring, and sear.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:38 PM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 53474
cool so it would be just as safe just has a shorter, lighter trigger pull?
Hitekrednek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #9
XDTalk Member

Member #: 44749
It can cause the trigger safety to be non-functional. According to Springer, you either had to sand down the pad on the trigger where it contacts the locking block, or remove material from the rear of the reset tab (that will give you more pre-travel).
JPR1959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-45ACP Discussion Room

springer precision, trigger, xd-45

Search tags for this page
beretta cx4 storm trigger job
beretta cx4 storm trigger upgrade
cx4 storm trigger job

lcp trigger job

lcp trigger mod
ruger lcp 380 trigger adjustment
ruger lcp 380 trigger job
ruger lcp 380 trigger mod
ruger lcp 380 trigger pull
ruger lcp action job
ruger lcp mods

ruger lcp trigger job

ruger lcp trigger jobs
ruger lcp trigger kit
ruger lcp upgrades
trigger job for ruger lcp
Click on a term to search for related topics.