• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

stippling pics

This is a discussion on stippling pics within the XD-45ACP Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Has anyone on here done their own stippling of the grip on an XD 45. I find the grip somewhat slippery, and was thinking about ...

Old 09-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 48468
stippling pics

Has anyone on here done their own stippling of the grip on an XD 45. I find the grip somewhat slippery, and was thinking about texturing it somehow. I could just buy a wrap around stick on, but don't want to increase the grip size.
Pictures of your stippling work and a discription of how you did the work would be appreciated.
Trueblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 14759
i did this one for a friend awhile back

and i did these 2 guns a few years ago the 23 was my carry gun for a long time but i had to sell it regretably still have the G19 and still carry it every day i love the way the stippling feels

all guns ive did have been done with a woord burner and a dremil and some fine grit sandpaper i round the trigger gauds and take off the finger grooves stipple the frames which sometimes take a few hours to get right , then sand them down to the desired feel .
Old 10-21-2010, 01:19 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 47329
One thing you might look into is the Powder River Precision grips they offer. They have one that is like a 60 grit sandpaper. I think they call it "skater tape". They also have one that is rubber. Although I haven't had any personal experience with either I wouldn't think that they would add that much in terms of adding to grip size. When I send my XDm to them for a trigger job and night sights I think I'll have them add the rubber grip as well.
LazyYrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:23 AM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 47154
I'd like to do that to mine, but don't trust my skills having never done it before. I'd like to have it done, but $150.00 for melting polymer is a little ridiculous.
  • XD Guys Extended Slide Stop Lever
  • Tru-Glo TFO Sights
  • AGrips
  • Streamlight TLR-3 Tactical Light
  • Silver Stainless Striker Spring Retainer

If the caliber of your pistol is higher than the SPF of your sunblock, you might be a redneck!...

"If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed."--Exodus 22:2
Don Pachuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 41078
Ever hear the story about the guy who heard a funny noise in his engine? He took his car to a mechanic who popped the hood and listened to the noise for a few minutes. He then went to his toolbox and retrieved a large ball-peen hammer. Next, he walked back to the car and whacked the engine, stopping the noise.

The car owner was happy and asked what he owed the mechanic. "$152" was the answer.

"$152 to hit my engine with a hammer??!!"
"No, just $2 to hit the engine with the hammer. $150 to know where to hit it and how hard."

Kind of like that with melting polymer.
stainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
Some people go through their entire lives paying for someone to do things for them other's like to learn to do things not because it saves them money but because it betters themselves. It's not engine repair, rocket science or brain surgery

Practice on a piece of junk plastic several times. You'll get the hang of it.
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 47154
So it's pretty easy to pick up eventually? Maybe I will buy some POS squirt guns and practice on those. Do you tape off or draw lines where you want to stipple or just use gun's lines?
  • XD Guys Extended Slide Stop Lever
  • Tru-Glo TFO Sights
  • AGrips
  • Streamlight TLR-3 Tactical Light
  • Silver Stainless Striker Spring Retainer

If the caliber of your pistol is higher than the SPF of your sunblock, you might be a redneck!...

"If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed."--Exodus 22:2
Don Pachuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #8
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
I used gun lines but you can do whatever you want. That's the nice thing.
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-45ACP Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
custom stippling beretta px4
guide to stippling handguns
handgun stippling xd
horse photos for stippling
ruger sr40 stippling

ruger sr9 stippled

ruger sr9 stippling

sr40 stippling

sr9 stippled

sr9 stippling

stippled ruger sr 40

stippled sr40

stippling how to xd 45
stippling sr9

xd 45 stipple

xd stippling

Click on a term to search for related topics.