• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

How to install AGP Springs in 10 rd. Compact Mag?

This is a discussion on How to install AGP Springs in 10 rd. Compact Mag? within the XD-45ACP Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Hi guys. Longtime lurker first post here. I just ordered the AGP springs and I want to put them in my 10 round mags for ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-45ACP Discussion Room » How to install AGP Springs in 10 rd. Compact Mag?

Old 08-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 48056
Question How to install AGP Springs in 10 rd. Compact Mag?

Hi guys. Longtime lurker first post here. I just ordered the AGP springs and I want to put them in my 10 round mags for my 45C. I read here that you need to remove 1 coil and they will work. Here's the question... Do you remove the coil form the bottom or top? Also if anyone has pics of the springs after the coil removal could you post it up?

Why the extra power springs?

Well my 45C is going to be my CCW gun and I need to have 100% faith in it. I've put 400 rds of FMJ through it with no problem but on Monday I had a Failure to Feed with Winchester PDX1. 230 Gr. JHP. It was either the 4th or 5th round in the mag and it looked like it hung up on the feed ramp. Quick tap, rack, bang took care of it and I had no more problems. I only had one box of 20 JHP to shoot though everything else was FMJ that day. Ended up shooting 200 rounds of the FMJ and the 20 JHP with just the one FTF.

Thanks guys.
Lone_Gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-12-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 30907
Gunman - I did it, and while I can't remember if I cut it at the bottom or the top, look at your factory 10 rd magazine spring, and make your AGP spring look like that.

I tested it with a box of ammo and never looked back.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 48056
Got the springs today. Took one coil off of the bottom. Quick and easy. Now there is more upward pressure on the follower than before that's for sure. Can't wait to go to the range again.
Lone_Gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 47714
I had a similar issue with my mags on my 45c as well. I went about the solution in a slightly different way. I bought two of the AGP extra power springs and dropped them into the 13 round magazines as-is. I believe they were a little longer than the stock springs in the 13 round magazines.

Since the stock 13 round magazine springs are a little longer than the stock 10 round magazine springs, I took the stock 13 round magazine springs and put them into the 10 round compact magazines. This worked like a charm and I have had no further feed issues and there seems to be much more pressure pushing the rounds up.
GetSome45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-45ACP Discussion Room

agp, ftf, magazines, springs

Search tags for this page

agp

agp ammo

agp extended magazine 10 round xd 45
agp magazine installation
agp magazine spring any good
agp magazine spring problems

agp mags

agp springs
agp xd magazine springs
agp xd45 extra power spring installation
how to fit a magazine spring
how to install an agp magazine
how to put xd magazine spring in
install xd mag spring
xd 45 compact 13 round mag spring in 10 round mag?
xd compact 45 magazine springs
Click on a term to search for related topics.