• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

To Clean... Or Not To Clean?

This is a discussion on To Clean... Or Not To Clean? within the XD-45ACP Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by KNO3 Honestly made me laugh out loud. Kaboom FTW!!! Would be crazy if it wern't true. I personally know exactly ONE real ...

Old 03-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #11
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNO3 View Post
Honestly made me laugh out loud. Kaboom FTW!!!
Would be crazy if it wern't true.
I personally know exactly ONE real life U.S. Army Sniper. A dozen or so pilots ( whom I have sadfully mostly fallen out of touch with ), several more that CLAIM to be pilots but I have my doubts and zero Viper drivers/owners.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #12
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 17248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subprimal View Post
Ok, without sounding rude or patronizing...

Having spent several years as a US Army Sniper, we would not take a clean barrel on a mission.
The snipers that I have known would never have asked such a thing.
The 2A wasn’t meant to allow public citizens to keep and bear arms. If it had there would have been wording such as 'The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.' -Ken Konecki

Tally XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:18 AM   #13
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 27336
Besides it just taking maybe a few rounds to settle your grip and trigger pull. Consider the time between shots (fast or slow - established rhythm). Did you just lug a 30lb range bag a hundred feet (breathing/pulse). Do you leave the barrel clean and dry or wet with excess oil after cleaning (probably not much change on a pistol length barrel at SD distances but maybe some until oil blown clear). Weight adjustment period (try starting with half a mag of ammo). Last, are all the shots off to the same direction but well grouped (trigger control) or is there only random hits with no real group?
Trijicon / PRP / PistolGear barrels / SuperTuck
NRA Endowment Member SAF Member
ThumperIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:37 AM   #14
XDTalk Member

Member #: 27028
Heh, Subprimal...if you have not given up on this forum, I would like to answer your original question: (basically) "Has anyone else had this same problem with the 4" .45 XD shooting off target for the 1st 4 or 5 shots?"
I, too, clean my guns very well after every range session, and I have a XD compact 4" in .45acp. I have to tell you I've never experienced that particular problem. It must be driving you nuts, trying to figure out why your XD is doing that.
If you have not asked your range master or a firearms instructor if they would fire your handgun to check for accuracy, when you 1st get to the range, thereby handing your 1st 4 or 5 shot problem to someone else( literally ) I would do that and see what happens. Perhaps they have seen this before and know how to correct it.
Anyway, I would put that XD in a plastic baggy while taking my shower..gets kind-of misty in there. Good luck with your very perplexing problem.
DUBYA R 2U is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-45ACP Discussion Room

accuracy, clean, dirty

Search tags for this page

cbob not grouping

Click on a term to search for related topics.