• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Left Hand Wheel Guns?

This is a discussion on Left Hand Wheel Guns? within the Wheelguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; After doing a simple google search this is the only site that pops up with left hand wheel guns. Welcome to Charter Arms Do any ...

Old 04-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 16502
Left Hand Wheel Guns?

After doing a simple google search this is the only site that pops up with left hand wheel guns. Welcome to Charter Arms

Do any of the big dogs make left hand models?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

US Army 2005 - 2014
Kimber Series I Compact Aluminum - My Carry
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Life Member
SAF Defenders Club Life Membership
AZCDL Life Membership

IN HELPDESK WE TRUST #2

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"

Capt. John Parker, Lexington militia
ArmyGuy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49477
The only ones I have seen are charter arms.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49477
I just remembered that the new S&W bodyguard revolver has the cylinder release on top making it ambi. I think the control for the laser is set up for right handers though. May want to look at it.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
nyj
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 51846
My BIL is left handed and shoots/carries the SP101. I never even noticed how he opens it up. His semi-automatics are switched over for left handed use.
nyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #5
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 15076
Smith made a couple models that opened left handed, I think they were special orders for French? law enforcement
Old 04-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 3702
Texas Longhorn Arms

It ain't personal. Nothing contained herein is intended is to offend the immature, retarded, hyper-sensitive, emotionally/hormonally unstable, or otherwise easily-offended. But if it does- don't cry to me. I don't care.
"Sarge"

invssgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 36123
Yep the new BG 38 does have the ambi cylinder release and I like it, but I really liked the LCRs trigger and houge grips. I'm leaning towards the LCR for my new EDC, just need alot of practice on reloading them right.

Pt 2

How to: Duracoat your XDM

Rebirth of a XDM

When it comes to war, it's not about who's right....but who's left.........
vash_241987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:10 AM   #8
Cat Herder

Member #: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by invssgt View Post
I would say Sarge, that the above revolver is made for the right-hander because he doesn't have to change hands to load. The traditional SA is perfect for us "southpaws".

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

"The giving to others in need is my right and indeed, my privilage. It is NOT however, my obligation." - Frenchy~2011

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:24 AM   #9
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 16502
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash_241987 View Post
Yep the new BG 38 does have the ambi cylinder release and I like it, but I really liked the LCRs trigger and houge grips. I'm leaning towards the LCR for my new EDC, just need alot of practice on reloading them right.
YouTube - ‪Snub Reload Left Hand Shooter - Michael de Bethencourt - SnubTraining.com‬‏
Cool vid but compare that same pistol to someone who shoots right handed. Its going to be way faster. I want one that opens up for a left as well as a release switch.

US Army 2005 - 2014
Kimber Series I Compact Aluminum - My Carry

NRA Life Member
SAF Defenders Club Life Membership
AZCDL Life Membership

IN HELPDESK WE TRUST #2

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"

Capt. John Parker, Lexington militia
ArmyGuy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:32 PM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 28550
Personally, I don't see any advantage for a left handed revolver. The simple fact is that it normally takes two hands to reload a revolver at speed, how you use those hands is simply a matter of training.

I'll also note that the traditionally right handed revolver may actually prove to be advantageous for a Lefty simply because they'll be using their dominant hand to load the cylinder, meaning less fumbling which is a real time killer if you're feeding them in one at a time.
scooter123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Wheelguns

Search tags for this page

bg38 perfect lefty gun?

boberg xr9

handwheel of handgun

left hand wheel gun

left hand wheeler pistol

left handed wheel gun

left-hand wheel gun

left-hand wheeler revolver

left-handed wheeel gun
left-handed wheel gun
shooting wheel for lefthanders

shooting wheel left hand

shooting wheelguns left handed

texas longhorn arms

texas longhorn revolver

why are wheel guns handed?

Click on a term to search for related topics.