• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Arminius titan tiger 38..is it worth $125

This is a discussion on Arminius titan tiger 38..is it worth $125 within the Wheelguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Local shop has an Arminus Titan Tiger for $125. Appears to be in good condition, is it worth adding to the collection or just put ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Wheelguns » Arminius titan tiger 38..is it worth $125

Old 03-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 40663
Arminius titan tiger 38..is it worth $125

Local shop has an Arminus Titan Tiger for $125. Appears to be in good condition, is it worth adding to the collection or just put $125 towards something else??

Thanks everyone
GoldRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 46251
I have one. They're light, they've got alloy frames, and sweet SA triggers. They will not likely fail, freeze, or seize.

However their tolerances are massive, the cone and the cylinder don't always line up right, and the ejector catches on the frame pretty easily. The DA trigger is long, stagey, and after years, still gritty.

Firmly in the "truck gun" class.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Everything dies. Die less.
Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 54377
It depends on this is it for the range,home defence or as the guy above me said truck gun. If it's for the range or truck yes go ahead but if it's for home defence I personally wouldn't but hey what do i know im just some guy on the internet.Whatever you decision gl hope it works for you.
Charles
cycodex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 46251
Actually, I lean the other direction. If I only had six .38 wadcutters and $125, then I would wholeheartedly count on this gun for defense.

This was a service revolver bought at auction from the Topeka police after they had switched to automatics, and from the looks of it I am the only person to have ever cleaned it. At the range it's not a whole lot of fun because it isn't severely accurate and a hell of an embarrassment to have a strip of lead shorn off the forcing cone and spat out straight into the lane next to you.

But when I say it's not likely to fail, I mean you could probably put it into a bucket of plaster and if you can pull the trigger, it will make bullets come out in more-or-less the right direction. If you needed a revolver-shaped piece of body armor, I would expect the Titan Tiger to serve it's job as a shield and still be capable of returning fire.

When I got it you couldn't spin the cylinder; it was hard to even manually turn it. But the trigger didn't care, and with a DA pull of about a hundred pounds I can't tell the difference between just-cleaned and a sticky disaster. I'll stop shooting it when rust has completely freed the barrel from the frame, if I live that long.

It's in a box with a CZ 75B, and I'm pretty sure it's the more reliable of the two.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Everything dies. Die less.
Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 40663
Have a few home defense pistols already, this was just one those.."wow thats cheap" things I almost bought on impulse, I think I will pass after the comments posted, I would only use it for the range, think Ill put it towards a beretta NEOS
GoldRush is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Wheelguns

Search tags for this page
38 titan tiger
arminius 38 special for sale
arminius revolver 38 special titan tiger

arminius titan tiger

arminius titan tiger 38 special
arminius titan tiger revolver
arminius titan tiger revolver - 38 special
fie titan tiger
titain tiger 38 special revolver

titan tiger

titan tiger 38

titan tiger 38 special

titan tiger 38 special for sale
titan tiger 38 special value
titan tiger 38 spl
Click on a term to search for related topics.