• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Looking to buy a revolver, WILD WEST STYLE

This is a discussion on Looking to buy a revolver, WILD WEST STYLE within the Wheelguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I've always loved revolvers, personally - more so than pistols. I've been looking into a Smith And Wesson, ever since I shot my grandfathers S&W ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Wheelguns » Looking to buy a revolver, WILD WEST STYLE

Old 08-31-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 48083
Looking to buy a revolver, WILD WEST STYLE

I've always loved revolvers, personally - more so than pistols.
I've been looking into a Smith And Wesson, ever since I shot my grandfathers S&W I loved everything about it.
Well, $1,200.00? No can do.

Are there any western style revolvers for LESS than 1k?
I've looked at S&w and Colt but they all seem to be very highly priced. I'm not interested in a Taurus, ruger, etc since they're more of a modern looking firearm.

Am I going to have to spend over 1k? I can't think of any other brand that manufactures western style firearms other than Colt and s&w. I was considering a used one but I would feel A LOT better with a new one, I do plan on using this for ccw.

And if I can't afford a new one which I'm thinking, how much would a good used one go for?

EDIT:
Actually just came across the Ruger Vaquero, I love how it looks (after changing the handle grips of course), how good of a firearm are these?
wicket1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-31-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 28772
Have you looked at the Uberti Cattleman?

This is the entry-level model with a baked finish instead of color case hardening. They offer models in all price ranges, with whatever finish you desire.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
|
nalioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 48083
Nice thanks for the picture, that's the type of shape I'm looking into.

I did some more searching on the Ruger Vaquero and really am sided twords it, just waiting on some feedback on here on if it's a nice choice or not.
wicket1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 18005
bang for the buck I'd say Ruger...Uberti is nice, Beretta makes a nice pistol too...can't remember what it's called though....

The Ruger Blackhawk and Vaqueros are easy to find in good calibers for 500 or so.

I wanna add a few more Ruger single actions to my stable. Right now, I've got a 10.5" Super Blackhawk in .44 Mag that's a blast to shoot and feels like a tank.
DevJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:42 PM   #5
Cat Herder

Member #: 4
Cimarron Firearms - Old West Guns and Cowboy Action Shooting Firearms is another good place to look.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

"The giving to others in need is my right and indeed, my privilage. It is NOT however, my obligation." - Frenchy~2011

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:48 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 39865
I have the Cattleman pictured above and I also have the USFA Rodeo II.

When I was looking for Colt SAA clone single action revolvers it was important to me that they have a hammer mounted firing pin and the four click hammer action. It just felt more authentic to me.

Check out this video. This guy does a better job of explaining the differences better than I can;

I really like my Cattleman, but I gotta' tell ya'...the hammer action on the Rodeo is...BUTTER. It's the kind of difference you can immediatly feel and I'm now itching to add another USFA firearm to my collection.

U.S. Fire Arms - Old West Guns and Cowboy Action Shooting Rifles

You can pick up the Cattleman, most likely, for under $400, and the Rodeo for under $700. I think my next USFA will run me about $1,200 to $1,500.

Check out this thread for more pics;

Some new revolvers for me.
Mr Fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Wheelguns

Search tags for this page

best western style revolver

new old west style revolvers
old style revolvers

old west style revolvers

old wrstern look colt hand guns
smith and wesson western style pistols
smith and wesson western style revolvers
western handguns for sale
western style handguns

western style handguns for sale

western style pistols

western style revolver

western style revolvers

western style revolvers for sale

westernstylerevolvers
what i a good western style pistol
Click on a term to search for related topics.