• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

329PD question

This is a discussion on 329PD question within the Wheelguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Hello wheelgunners, Having never owned a revolver until now, I recently entered your world by way of a used S&W Hi-Viz 329PD .44 mag; I ...

Old 03-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 26561
Question 329PD question

Hello wheelgunners,
Having never owned a revolver until now, I recently entered your world by way of a used S&W Hi-Viz 329PD .44 mag;
I haven't shot it yet (yes I am sufficiently warned about the recoil - looking forward to it!), but the sights looked off so I decided to bore-sight it real quickly. I aligned the windage with no problem, but the rear sight screw comes out of the frame when the bore is still a good foot south of the sight picture.
At the risk of being hammered, can I assume that the sights compensate for muzzle rise prior to the bullet exiting the 4" barrel? I'll just to shoot it to find out I guess...
Any guidance welcome!
NRA & GeorgiaCarry.org Member
N5DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
In short...yes.

The muzzle on that 25oz 329PD is gonna come up right quick when you touch it off (I know--I have a 329NG...).

Bring it to the range, get some empirical data...but I'm willing to bet that it's gonna hit considerably higher than you think, especially with a stout 240gr load.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 26561
Thumbs up Shoots just fine!

Right you were, sir...
I cranked the elevation back down to a 'reasonable' level before heading to the range and the first shot was actually about 6" high at 10Y...
After just a couple of rounds, I had it in the bull out to 25Y. Accuracy limited I imagine only by the shooter's eyesight at that distance, so no complaints here about the gun. Awesome.
After a box of Blazer JHP's I was thinking, "This kick isn't so bad", until I decided to try it with a cylinder of Speer Gold dots...
Holy Moly!! I double-checked the Blazer box to make sure I wasn't shooting .44 specials before!
I will save the Gold Dots for when it matters but now I know what to expect... Wow...
NRA & GeorgiaCarry.org Member
N5DVC is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Wheelguns

329pd, bore, low, sights

Search tags for this page
329 pd price

329pd

329pd forums
329pd price
how to adjust s&w pd 329 rear sights
sighting in sw 329 pd
smith & wesson 329pd price
smith 329 pd
smith 329pd price
smith and wesson 329 pd
smith and wesson 329pd price
smith and wesson 329pd sight pic
smith and wesson 329pd used price
used 329pd
used gun price 329pd
used smith and wesson 329pd
Click on a term to search for related topics.