• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Ruger LCR

This is a discussion on Ruger LCR within the Wheelguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I love my LCR. It goes bang every time. Easy to carry, easy to conceal. Not the most pleasant gun to shoot, but that's why ...

Old 04-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #41
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 44994
I love my LCR. It goes bang every time. Easy to carry, easy to conceal. Not the most pleasant gun to shoot, but that's why I got mx XD. Once question though. How do you deal with the black front site shooting at a black target? I know the LCR is not a target gun, but I just lose the front site in the target. Has anyone modified the front site to be a different color?
dirtysanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #42
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 39447
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysanchez View Post
I love my LCR. It goes bang every time. Easy to carry, easy to conceal. Not the most pleasant gun to shoot, but that's why I got mx XD. Once question though. How do you deal with the black front site shooting at a black target? I know the LCR is not a target gun, but I just lose the front site in the target. Has anyone modified the front site to be a different color?
sanchez -

welcome to the forum.

easiest option I can think of to help your front sight is a Sharpie paint pen.

get the oil based kind...it will with stand wear, etc, fairly well, but will remove easily with solvent when you clean the gun [in fact, you'll probably have to re-apply it after every cleaning, but it's still much easier/cheaper than installing a new sight].

these pens are also great for marking mags.

hope this helps...

-JJ
jj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:32 PM   #43
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 12964
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj79 View Post
sanchez -

welcome to the forum.

easiest option I can think of to help your front sight is a Sharpie paint pen.

get the oil based kind...it will with stand wear, etc, fairly well, but will remove easily with solvent when you clean the gun [in fact, you'll probably have to re-apply it after every cleaning, but it's still much easier/cheaper than installing a new sight].

these pens are also great for marking mags.

hope this helps...

-JJ
Red fingernail polish works too.
I did this and had to get a lady i worked with to buy it for me so i could maintain my manly pride.
titus_1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #44
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 7571
Sorry I started this thread and haven't been keeping up with it much. But how much are they going for now?
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #45
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 21146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Sorry I started this thread and haven't been keeping up with it much. But how much are they going for now?
I Paid $399 for mine last week, brand NIB, (regular grips, not the Crimson Trace Laser grips). The model I have retails for $525, IIRC.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #46
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 13453
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysanchez View Post
Hi-Viz Sights

XS Sights

Old 04-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #47
XDTalk Member

Member #: 43973
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBiN View Post
+1. Mine is exactly as I expected it. Nothing more. Nothing less.

It kicks more than a steel frame, but the CCW factor and the "pull the trigger and it goes bang everytime" factor make it a winner.
+2. I agree with all of the above. Love the pull the trigger and it goes bang everytime factor as well. Kicks pretty good with +p but that is to be expected. Also much nicer to carry for size factor vs XD .45.

One complaint. Does everyone else's have a slight jingle when you walk? Almost sounds like I'm wearing spurs in the old west....just wondering if there is anyway to get this to stop?
)
SA Loaded 9mm 1911
Ruger LCR
Ruger LCP Hardcrome
Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm
Hi-Point 9mm Carbine
Remington 870 Express 20 gauge
Saiga .308 Rifle

Sold:
Walther P22 (regretfully)
Armalite AR-24
Kel-Tec PF-9
JPXDC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:30 AM   #48
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPXDC45 View Post
One complaint. Does everyone else's have a slight jingle when you walk? Almost sounds like I'm wearing spurs in the old west....just wondering if there is anyway to get this to stop?
That's the Ruger Rattle--quite normal on nearly all DA Ruger revolvers. It's the transfer bar safety.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #49
XDTalk Member

Member #: 43973
transfer bar safety? so incase you drop the firearm this prevents it from going off?

Do S&W j frames do this? I wonder what the designe difference is if they do not...
)
SA Loaded 9mm 1911
Ruger LCR
Ruger LCP Hardcrome
Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm
Hi-Point 9mm Carbine
Remington 870 Express 20 gauge
Saiga .308 Rifle

Sold:
Walther P22 (regretfully)
Armalite AR-24
Kel-Tec PF-9
JPXDC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #50
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPXDC45 View Post
transfer bar safety? so incase you drop the firearm this prevents it from going off?

Do S&W j frames do this? I wonder what the designe difference is if they do not...
If I remeber correctly, in order for a Ruger to fire, a transfer bar is moved into place between the hammer and the firing pin so the strike is delivered to the primer. On a Smith & Wesson the firing pin block is pulled out of the way when the trigger is pulled back. Both are means to prevent the gun from firing by being dropped or by receiving a blow to the hammer.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Wheelguns

Search tags for this page
best cleaner for tiger lcr

cleaning ruger lcr

cleaning the lcr
how to clean lcr
how to oil an lcr
lcr hi viz
lcr hi viz sight vs xs
oil ruger lcr
ruger lcr / optional sights
ruger lcr 22 - what kind of cleaning fluid

ruger lcr cleaning

ruger lcr drop safe
ruger lcr drop safety

ruger lcr recall

ruger lcr recall 2010
rugerlcrsights
Click on a term to search for related topics.