• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

VA Screwed me~ Need input

This is a discussion on VA Screwed me~ Need input within the U.S. Military Services & Veterans forums, part of the Protect & Serve category; Does anyone have any experience with the VA. I don't want to go into the long story, but I got a letter saying they had ...

Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
Peace maker..

Member #: 8471
VA Screwed me~ Need input

Does anyone have any experience with the VA. I don't want to go into the long story, but I got a letter saying they had over paid me and that I owe them a substantial amount of money. This debt is not valid. Has anyone had to fight the VA for any reason, and if so what is the best approach?

Thanks in advance,

JGB
justgotback is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 5448
I have been round and round with them over money and disability rating. They have to prove their case, tell them you will be happy to work something out once they have provided sufficient documentation. Make them prove their case. I am fairly familiar with how they work, I now get 30% of E-4 every month for the rest of my life

PM me with the details and I can be more specific in how to deal with them.
A Seriously Disgruntled Wife
Sharkbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
Peace maker..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbait View Post
I have been round and round with them over money and disability rating. They have to prove their case, tell them you will be happy to work something out once they have provided sufficient documentation. Make them prove their case. I am fairly familiar with how they work, I now get 30% of E-4 every month for the rest of my life

PM sent....
Old 03-27-2008, 08:42 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 21415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbait View Post

How did you manage 30% of a rank? The VA Compensation tables do not take rank into consideration.

Disability Compensation and Pension Benefits Payment Rate Tables - Index

30% of E-4 pay would be $527.67 a month. VA currently pays $356 for a single Vet.

This Veteran is heavily medicated for your safety.

A lot not alot or allot
Threw, through, thru know the difference.
Your, you're
An or and
There, their, they're

Homonyms work sheet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

List of homonyms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Cannibul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
Peace maker..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannibul View Post
How did you manage 30% of a rank? The VA Compensation tables do not take rank into consideration.

Disability Compensation and Pension Benefits Payment Rate Tables - Index

30% of E-4 pay would be $527.67 a month. VA currently pays $356 for a single Vet.

I think he meant that he gets 30% disability as an E-4...
Old 03-27-2008, 11:00 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 21649
Quote:
Originally Posted by justgotback View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the VA. I don't want to go into the long story, but I got a letter saying they had over paid me and that I owe them a substantial amount of money. This debt is not valid. Has anyone had to fight the VA for any reason, and if so what is the best approach?

Thanks in advance,

JGB
Yes, I have experience with the DVA. Nothing gets you prompt clarity like a visit your Congressman's office.
"Our Constitution is in actual operation. Everything appears to promise that it will last. But in this world nothing is certain but death and taxes... I have the happiness to know it is a rising sun and not a setting sun... A republic, madam. If you can keep it."
~ Ben Franklin
buttstroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:39 AM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 13107
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttstroker View Post
Yes, I have experience with the DVA. Nothing gets you prompt clarity like a visit your Congressman's office.
Big +1 JGB....my Dad had issues with the VA (he was a paralyzed vet) on numerous occasions and this is how he would handle it....
YOUR HONOR STUDENT IS MERELY A PAWN IN MY PIT BULL'S WORLD DOMINATION PLOT

SpringfieldXD.40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:07 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 16268
I'm not a fan of any politician, but maybe a letter to your local congressman would help. I remember taking my father-in-law to a couple different VA clinics for a hearing claim he suffered during WWll. It should have been on the Comedy Channel. At one point the gal (VA employee) told him to fill out a form on how he lost his hearing, with dates, times, locations and witnesses. I asked her, are you serious? It was in many battles in the Ardennes, some witnesses are dead and the others were German soldiers firing 88 artillery rounds. Best of luck and thanks for your service. You deserve to be treated well by the government.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 5448
I reviewed your situation per the details of your PM with my attorney today (he is retired USMC JAG officer). He said your first stop should be the Army JAG office on your base, if they aren't interested in helping then contact Army JAG HQ in Charlottesville, VA directly. He said the Army Legal Assistance people are some of the best in DoD.

I am posting this here rather than PM because there are other vets struggling to deal with the VA and hopefully this info can help others too.

Keep me posted.
A Seriously Disgruntled Wife
Sharkbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 15720
I hope I never have to deal with it, but with my luck..
IMHO thats all congressmen are good for, make them actually do something constructive for a change.
yocan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Protect & Serve » U.S. Military Services & Veterans

Search tags for this page
army screwed me over

screwed by va

the army screwed me over
the va is screwing me

the va screwed me

v.a. screwed me over

va overpaid me

va says they overpaid me
va screwed

va screwed me

va screwed me on disability rating
va vets getting screwed
veterans affairs screwed me
veterans screwed
why the military screwed me
Click on a term to search for related topics.