• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Getting deployed the least?????

This is a discussion on Getting deployed the least????? within the U.S. Military Services & Veterans forums, part of the Protect & Serve category; I just talked to an old schoolmate who is in the National Guard as an Infantryman. He's been in for about 5 years, so he's ...

Old 12-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 31354
Getting deployed the least?????

I just talked to an old schoolmate who is in the National Guard as an Infantryman. He's been in for about 5 years, so he's pretty knowledgeable about things with the Guard. I told him life must me tough with constant deployments, being a grunt and all. He said at the current time Infantry units in the Guard are in low demand and are usually not deployed as often as they were before. He told me it's because the Infantry is overstrength right now.
This sounds, well, ridiculous. I still can't believe Infantry is overstrength. A buddy who was a recruiter in the Marines told me Infantry was locked out last year. I remember back when we couldn't get enough volunteers. He told me that CAG groups and Engineers are getting mobilized more and more frequently, which I understand. Afghanistan needs some MAJOR infastructure work still. I guess I just figured that particular theatre of operations would digest a steady diet of Infantry units untill things got REAL calm. I just guess I didn't exactly forsee a decrease in grunts deployments anytime soon. Anyone know why this is? Is this even true? Are Infantry units actually getting deployed less? Who else isn't going over anymore?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
ah8176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 39263
well as an MP I'll say that on my last deployment Infantry guys rode ***** in my truck. Not that they aren't useful but the mission is different now.
Thefatgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 29424
well considering i am active infantry we still deploy year on and year off. National guard and reserves deploy less because the need for infantry is less since the war is turning to a police action. But i still didnt see any MP's out there with us ever.

XD(M) 40
Browning Buckmark
Benelli Nova 12 ga
intheshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 22296
The Marine Corps has been screaming bloody murder for more engineers. Engineers have some of the highest op tempo out there because so many are needed on both battlefields.

Federal weapon statutes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
cce1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 14414
NG infantry, deployed 04-05 and 08-09, both times as a land owning unit. RIPed in and out with AD units both times. We are on the schedule again here in a few yours. Not as high of an OPTEMPO as an AD unit but surprising for a NG unit, before our first OIF they had done KFOR.
MAJ Doug Sloan; SGT Brahim Jeffcoat; SGT Francis Straub; CPL Genaro Pelligrini; SPC Kurt Krout; SPC John Kulick; PFC Nathaniel DeTample. You never let your country or your brothers down, we will never forget you.
Stryker_11a is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Protect & Serve » U.S. Military Services & Veterans

Search tags for this page
do national guard infantry get deployed
do sargents in the infantry in the national guard get deployed during war
does national guard ever get deployed
does the national guard get deployed
how often do national guard get deployed overseas
how often do national guard infantry get deployed
how often do national guardsmen get deployed
how often does infantry get deployed

how often does national guard get deployed

how often does the national guard get deployed

how often is the national guard deployed
how to not get deployed in the national guard
Click on a term to search for related topics.