• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

WalMart Suspends Ammo Orders Pending Gun Control Decision | CNS News

This is a discussion on WalMart Suspends Ammo Orders Pending Gun Control Decision | CNS News within the SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness forums, part of the Use and Training category; WalMart reportedly has stopped selling ammunition ahead of the Obama administration’s anticipated gun control recommendations to Congress -- and uncertainty over what new laws may ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness » WalMart Suspends Ammo Orders Pending Gun Control Decision | CNS News

Old 01-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 52279
WalMart Suspends Ammo Orders Pending Gun Control Decision | CNS News

WalMart reportedly has stopped selling ammunition ahead of the Obama administration’s anticipated gun control recommendations to Congress -- and uncertainty over what new laws may be coming.

According to the Investment Watch blog, WalMart Corporation will no longer place new ammunition orders pending “the upcoming decision on the Second Amendment.”
A customer stood with a WalMart employee as a call was made to the corporate office.
WalMart headquarters told the employee the following:
“As of right now WalMart is not going to be making any new orders of ammo because of the upcoming decision on the Second Amendment. As of right now we are unsure of what new legislation might be coming, and because of this, we are suspending new orders.
“We will continue to sell what is already in stock in stores and at our distribution centers, but any new orders will not be shipped until the issue is resolved.”
Investment Watch blog does not provide a link to a WalMart statement but urges customers to contact the corporate headquarters at 1-800-925-6278 to confirm the decision.
You can listen to a recorded customer service call here.

WalMart Suspends Ammo Orders Pending Gun Control Decision | CNS News Mobile
AlaskaKodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84966
I think it is more likely they don't want to get caught with ammunition they purchased at higher rates after the ammunition surge collapses.

At some point, ban or no ban, ammo prices will fall to normal again as supply and demand level out. And Wal Mart doesn't want to be stuck with ammo costing more than their competitors as a result.

Pro-gun? Absolutely not. Good business? Potentially.

The less Wal Mart buys, the more ammo available elsewhere. Fine by me.
MidwestDefenseInstitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 11006
One more reason not to shop at Walmart, actually that was the only reason why I shopped at Walmart....
XDm - 3.8 9mm w/SA Trigger & Heinie Straight 8s
SA - Mil Spec 1911 A1
Broadside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 83524
I am sure glad Cabelas is literally 10 minutes from me...

Give them nothing, but take from them everything...
Vnuk1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 67471
I'm calling BS on this one... Don't you think the "media" would love this story if true? A blog?? Come on...
Old 01-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
I think they don't want to get stuck with ammunition in their inventory and then have something like background checks required for ammunition (i've heard some on the left proposing it).
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #7
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 12586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
I'm calling BS on this one... Don't you think the "media" would love this story if true? A blog?? Come on...
Come to think about it...yeah...it would be headline news for at least a day

"Worlds largest retailer refuses to sell ammo due to the Sandy Hook shooting"

They would eat that headline up!
‎"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!" - Sam Houston
"quo vadis"
AwPhuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 32292
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDefenseInstitute View Post
I think it is more likely they don't want to get caught with ammunition they purchased at higher rates after the ammunition surge collapses.

At some point, ban or no ban, ammo prices will fall to normal again as supply and demand level out. And Wal Mart doesn't want to be stuck with ammo costing more than their competitors as a result.

Pro-gun? Absolutely not. Good business? Potentially.

The less Wal Mart buys, the more ammo available elsewhere. Fine by me.
+1

That's purely a move on their end to not lose $$$ on their bottom line and try to appear as the "good guy" in the process.

No matter which outcome ammo prices/supply will return to normal, eventually.

XDm .40
XD .40 SC
Bushmaster O.R.C
DMPS AP-4 Carbine
RRA Pro-Series Gov
Mossberg 500 Persuader 12GA (8+1)
xdm-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 83524
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwPhuch View Post
Come to think about it...yeah...it would be headline news for at least a day

"Worlds largest retailer refuses to sell ammo due to the Sandy Hook shooting"

They would eat that headline up!
Well if it is BS, it's spread very quickly for a hoax....

Click to View Search Results for Google (Search Results) Google (Search Results)

Give them nothing, but take from them everything...
Vnuk1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
I have my doubts on this one too. Its not like ammo is going to be banned under any proposal that I've yet seen. I'd buy that they don't want to pay inflated prices on ammo though. I know I'm not doing it so I certainly can't blame them for following my lead.
FWIW, I picked up a box of 12 gauge ammo at WalMart a couple of days ago. They had thousands of rounds at what struck me as reasonable prices (about 30 cents per round). They also had plenty of rifle and pistol ammo too, but I didn't look too closely at it.
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness

Search tags for this page
.30-30 amunition at wal-mart in conroe tx area
30 30 ammo walmart
ammo news
gun control news
how does ammo get to walmart distribution centers
lgs for ammo
news for walmart ammunition
news on ammo
pending gun control

walmart ammo

walmart ammo news

walmart ammunition

walmart ammunition news
walmart quit handling rifle ammo after sandy hook
walmart wwb 9mm 2013
why is walmart out of ammo
Click on a term to search for related topics.