• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

WalMart Suspends Ammo Orders Pending Gun Control Decision | CNS News

This is a discussion on WalMart Suspends Ammo Orders Pending Gun Control Decision | CNS News within the SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness forums, part of the Use and Training category; Originally Posted by Gealousy Two different things that equal a pretty profit. That's the point. Say per round, Walmart makes even only 1 profit, per ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness » WalMart Suspends Ammo Orders Pending Gun Control Decision | CNS News

Old 01-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #41
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gealousy View Post
Two different things that equal a pretty profit. That's the point. Say per round, Walmart makes even only 1 profit, per round. If they sell 250k rounds (not boxes) per day (which is a conservative estimate IMO) which is 5,000 boxes of 50r boxes nation wide, that's a $2,500 profit, per day, x30 days in a month (avg), that's $75,000 a month profit. As a corporation that's a drop in the bucket. And that is assuming they make 50 (profit) off of a 50r pack of 9mm (or other). Add one penny more per round... Two penny's more. 3 per round?

Not trying to argue I'm just saying that purchasing power is king and my guess is that Wally is not providing ammo as a humanitarian effort. It's a solid money maker... That they aren't going to just give up.
don't forget; some of us idiots buy other stuff where we buy our ammo.
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #42
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 67622
Quit supporting Walmart and support you LGS

Riding my Harley is like being on a journey that never wants to end
nwmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #43
XDTalk 10K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwmarc View Post
Why? my LGS gets virtually none of my business. They charge too much for their guns, charge $50 for a FFL transfer and farm out their smith work and then mark up the bill 100%.

Why exactly should I support them? That's a pretty steep price to pay to keep the profits in the town. I'd rather keep them in my wallet.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #44
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo View Post
Why? my LGS gets virtually none of my business. They charge too much for their guns, charge $50 for a FFL transfer and farm out their smith work and then mark up the bill 100%.

Why exactly should I support them? That's a pretty steep price to pay to keep the profits in the town. I'd rather keep them in my wallet.
Not mine, sounds like you need to find a new LGS

Old 01-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #45
XDTalk 10K Member

and the next closest gun store would be.........wait for it........ Walmart.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:27 AM   #46
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo View Post
and the next closest gun store would be.........wait for it........ Walmart.
Glad I don't have to rely on Walmart.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:34 AM   #47
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81515
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwmarc View Post
I do support my LGS with gun purchases. But as long as Walmart is $3-$4 cheaper (it varies per caliber) per box on my plinking & SD rounds, I'll continue to buy ammo from them.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #48
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhazeDelta1 View Post
I do support my LGS with gun purchases. But as long as Walmart is $3-$4 cheaper (it varies per caliber) per box on my plinking & SD rounds, I'll continue to buy ammo from them.
The LGS here sells there ammo for the same price as Walmart but the biggest difference is Walmart never has any and the LGS does, they stock more. The only exception right now is the rush at all the places that carry ammo.
I have also bought bulk ammo online before all this rush. I simply gave up on Walmart a long time ago as like I said I can get it at my 3 LGS but not at Walmart. Besides I like supporting the LGS.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #49
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 49247
by me, my walmart for a box of federal 45 auto, just under 20 bucks, same box at my lgs 25 bucks, and 50 dollar ffl fee, which is ridic. I support them on gun purchases because they do have a handful of stuff that is a fair price. key word is handful.

and the next closest gun shop is an hour away

In helpdesk we trust
WarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #50
XDTalk 1K Member

Wife wanted to stop at the Walmart and I walked over to the ammo area, nothing in stock asked the guy there when more was coming in, he said none there not stocking it any longer. So the price don't matter at least here. Our LGS, there is no extra fees or taxes or no ffl fee to purchase ammo and the prices are as good as Walmart. The ammo variety is very good, there have been some price increases in 9mm ammo compared to last summer prices.
I guess we're going to have to put up with this Obama stuff for a long time to come. Just glad I stocked up last summer.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness

Search tags for this page
.30-30 amunition at wal-mart in conroe tx area
30 30 ammo walmart
ammo news
gun control news
how does ammo get to walmart distribution centers
lgs for ammo
news for walmart ammunition
news on ammo
pending gun control

walmart ammo

walmart ammo news

walmart ammunition

walmart ammunition news
walmart quit handling rifle ammo after sandy hook
walmart wwb 9mm 2013
why is walmart out of ammo
Click on a term to search for related topics.