• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

***What to buy now that Obama got re-elected?***

This is a discussion on ***What to buy now that Obama got re-elected?*** within the SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness forums, part of the Use and Training category; Originally Posted by Helpdesk9 Knight, we've both been around here awhile, have you EVER seen me partake in serious tin foil hattery? Veni, Vidi, Edi ...

Old 11-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #41
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 24504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpdesk9 View Post
Knight, we've both been around here awhile, have you EVER seen me partake in serious tin foil hattery?

Veni, Vidi, Edi
I ain't sayin', i'm just sayin'...
Knightslugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #42
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 74977
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinc86 View Post
Now that Obama has gotten re-elected it is time to start thinking about my next gun purchase. Personally, I think hes not only going to go after Assault Rifles, but also handguns. I'm telling you this guy is bad news and the last thing he wants is people who oppose him to have firearms.

Therefore, what should (we) be looking to purchase within the next 8-12 months before anything seriously happens?

I was thinking of going for either my XDs, XDM, M&P Shield, or even a 870 tactical and decking the sh** out of it. I'm not trying to buy an AR15 because, one, the price of ammo is going to skyrocket with the next four years, and two, they are not very practical for someone like me. Therefore, I plan on splurging this weekend on a firearm and would like to not only see what you guys think I should buy, but also WHAT YOU GUYS plan on buying now that we, the 2nd amendment lovers, are going to be threatened by Obama and his views on firearms.
i would like to have at least two of everything, so, another 12ga, another XD, more mags and more ammo.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #43
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 78082
I guess my question to the OP is, do you already own any handguns? If you do, then stock up on the ammo for them. If you don't have a good shotgun yet, that would be the best purchase, then follow up with the other guns you want, XD-S, XDM, Shield, M&P....in whatever order you want, though I wouldn't buy a "carry size" gun next in line, if you already have one. To for the full size stuff for the fact that it's always easier to have better accuracy, and faster target acquisition for a follow up shot. Not that it's not easy with a compact size gun, but in a defensive situation, you want as many advantages as possible, right? So, now, as far as buying a shotgun, the 870 would definitely be a great tool to have, but in my opinion, not the tactical. (No offense to you guys with tactical shotguns, they're definitely bada$$.) in my point of view, I would get (I already own), the 870 express sure shot. Usually they come with a scoped cantilever fully rifled barrel, and shoot sabot slugs. Get a 26" or 28" vent rib barrel that takes interchangeable choke tubes to go along with it. And if your really wanting something tactical size, get the tactical barrel to go with it too. This will have you setup for many different situations. The vent rib barrel is good for defense using 00 buckshot, or foster slugs, and if the situation arises that wel all find ourselves in a national SHTF scenario, there's a very good chance you may need to hunt for food, small game, bird, and even larger game like deer and such. The rifled cantilever barrel shooting sabot slugs is good for larger game hunting, and even long range defense, it's extremely accurate, and since the scope is mounted to a rail that is attached to the barrel, you won't need to re sight the scope every time you change barrels, just slap the rifled barrel on and go at it. And if you want the tactical barrel, it's good for close quarters defense. The stock on the sure shot is somewhat tactical as well, with its thumb hole and very comfortable pistol grip. I've tried to convince myself to buy a tactical stock for mine, but I always end up deciding that I like the sure shot stock much better. So, IMO, this would be the best all around shotgun for what we may end up facing in the future.

Sorry for the long post, I've just put a lot of thought into this and this was a good opportunity to share those thoughts. And as far as an AR goes, I'm still planning on buying one, but not out of the need for defense, just because, we'll, I've been wanting one for a VERY long time.

NRA member.
Poneill.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #44
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
Tinfoil.

+1

Maybe I can even find some already shaped into a hat
Brownie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #45
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 36078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin.Morris.007 View Post
A membership to the NRA. They are our second amendment's best defense from those wanting to strip it from us or regulate it to death.
If you are willing to put your gun rights in the hands of the NRA, don't come crying when you loose those rights. Your gun rights are in your hands, not in the hands of the government, NRA or a politician's.

What we allow, We encourage. So it's not all their fault!

3% made a difference once before!

The Founding Fathers would be shooting by now, what are we waiting for
ekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #46
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 36078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo View Post
There was a promise from Pelosi to introduce a much stronger AWB than last time around after Obama got re-elected. It will never fly, but having it floating around will jack up prices and kill democrats in the mid-term elections if it isn't promptly shut down.

I expect cheap mags prices to go up and stay up. that's why I purchased a 10 pack the morning after. The price of the 10 pack has already gone up some. It was probably foolish on my part. I was hoping the prices would really go up before I told my wife, but they should be here tomorrow.
Is not the pushing up of prices based on words from a politician a form of gun control. They didn't even do anything yet and price gouging starts again. Wait til they start adding new gun and ammo taxes.

What we allow, We encourage. So it's not all their fault!

3% made a difference once before!

The Founding Fathers would be shooting by now, what are we waiting for
ekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #47
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 54775
I am buying a house in a free state. I just got back from Fedex sending paperwork to the lender overnight. shouldn't be much longer.

Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #48
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 79418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsotaboy89 View Post
I fail to see how it is going to be much different than the last four years. The house is still red the senate is still blue. It's not like he's going to declare martial law on gun owners or get the UN to come marching in and tell the house and senate to f off. With that being said I'm not buying anything different than I was planning on buying before the election. Although cuda has a good point with the tinfoil.
True about congress but he can implement an executive order in many cases. He probably will reinstitute the "assault rifle" ban and follow California on the mag capacity, etc. I doubt he will be able to ban any type of hand gun. I do think he may be able to push through a tax on ammo. It failed in Chicago but you never know on a national basis
Piratesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #49
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 79418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
I am buying a house in a free state. I just got back from Fedex sending paperwork to the lender overnight. shouldn't be much longer.

Welcome to Texas. .
Piratesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #50
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
I am buying a house in a free state.

I would love to move to a red state, and even asked my boss about it yesterday. If I can transfer within my current company, then I might just do it. South Carolina sounds nice.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
Troy64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness

obama, shtf

Search tags for this page

do i need to buy guns now that obama is re-elected

gun prices go up

gun prices going up 2012

gun prices going up obama
how much would gun prices go up because of obama

obama shtf

online gun clubs buy guns now
should i convert my saiga as obama is reelected?

shtf obama

shtf predictions after obamas reelection
springfield mil-spec holster alligator

what firearms to buy now

what guns should i be buying right now

what guns should i buy now

what happens now that obama is reelected

what to buy now before shtf
Click on a term to search for related topics.