• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Preparing for EROL instead of WROL

This is a discussion on Preparing for EROL instead of WROL within the SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness forums, part of the Use and Training category; I was listening to Jack Spirko from The Survival Podcast and he brought up the idea that EROL (excessive rule of law) is more likely ...

Old 10-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
Question Preparing for EROL instead of WROL

I was listening to Jack Spirko from The Survival Podcast and he brought up the idea that EROL (excessive rule of law) is more likely than WROL (without rule of law).

I thought he had a good point, and because many people are prepping for a SHTF or TEOTWAWKI WROL situation they are completely (or not adequately) prepared for an EROL situation.

WROL or EROL Which is More Likely | The Survival Podcast

What things do you think preppers should do to prepare for a EROL situation that they probably wouldn't do for a WROL situation?

Do you know other preppers (feel free to use "swim"-someone who isn't me) that have prepared for EROL? What are they doing?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Krackels is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 79418
Boy, you know, that is a very good point regarding excessive rule of law versus without rule of law. I'm wondering if the former would/could lead to the latter? I haven't a clue as to what to do regarding EROL. Interesting in that like the boiling frog, we are probably headed that way and the only recourse is to ensure the vote. At some point, a country that has EROL will collapse. History over the past 3 thousand years has shown that time and again. During collapse the EROL won't matter and it becomes more a less controlled situation until a new organization is put in place. Just hypothesizing here.... and thinking about Rome.. USSR... etc.
Piratesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 65117
I do know someone. I guy I used to work with bought a good number of rifles (mausers I think). He has each one cleaned, lubed, wrapped up in some special protective cloth. He then took each one and put it in its own PVC tube sealed on one end with a sealing threaded cap on the other end. He put dessicants inside and has buried all of them. Some at his house. Some as parents/in laws house. Some at other relatives houses and some at his hunting camp. He has lots of ammo buried all over, to. He says that they were all bought legally with no paperwork trail. No one (officially) knows they exist.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Nunquam Non Paratus - Never Unprepared
rmccracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 78071
I think this is a very interesting way of thinking. My thoughts are you will see pockets of each as you move across the US. It will be important to understand your local governments and the general mindset in the area you live. Areas where there is more of a Liberal, government control mindset, you will see EROL early (Katrina) and preppers should be aware of the government taking what they have to give to others.

In the we take care of ourselves areas, you will see WROL. Just my thoughts but I'm just a rookie at all this.
RunninGunnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 54775
some could argue we are already in EROL.

I would like to see someone gather every law, print them out on paper, and build a pile out of them.

I bet that pile would be pretty big.
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 21171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
some could argue we are already in EROL.

I would like to see someone gather every law, print them out on paper, and build a pile out of them.

I bet that pile would be pretty big.
The laws for your state alone fill up an entire library.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 12586
It will start EROL (excessive rule of law) then go WROL (without rule of law)

Either way it will not be pretty
‎"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!" - Sam Houston
"quo vadis"
AwPhuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
I also expect massive EROL in a last ditch attempt to "hold things together" before it all fails and we are left WROL

F2F transaction were no paperwork is needed are still legal here for long guns, buying and selling. I also prefer disorganized kitchen counter FFLs when buying new

I have 3 long guns that were gifts from Dad, and one I purchased from a totally unknown stranger (and never even exchanged names). Those were of course lost in my near fatal ice fishing incident. I am hoping to build my own some day too. I also had(see incident described above) a crossbow and muzzle loader. A decent break barrel pellet gun would be nice too. Been hearing stories of a kid using 1 to take a couple nice bucks. He apparently shoots them right up the nose when they are looking straight at him.

I have been honestly considering cacheing a Mosin, plus a case of surplus ammo in a wall or something (along with some honey and what ever else). I'll probably do that when ever I build a house. The working plan is a chunk of culvert stuck through a basement wall, and covered with insulation and drywall.

You guys might be interested in reading King's "Under the Dome" for a scary EROL SHTF scenario.
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwPhuch View Post
It will start EROL (excessive rule of law) then go WROL (without rule of law)

Either way it will not be pretty
Yeah i think Jack thinks it will be more of the opposite. He points to the preparedness for keeping the continuity of government because of fear of nuclear attack (and today terrorism, civil unnrest, dollar collapse).

I tend to agree with Jack. Unless it gets really bad really fast you'll probably see pockets or WROL followed by EROL.

I think it would probably be wise to have decontamination supplies (to decontaminate after being exposed to tear gas/oc).

This has some good info in it.
Tear Gas & Medical info for Protesters
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

&

Krackels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #10
XDTalk 80K Member

Member #: 14053
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmccracken View Post
He says that they were all bought legally with no paperwork trail.
I don't understand that phrase.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness

Search tags for this page

erol acronym

erol vs wrol

erol wrol

preparing for wrol
what does erol stand for
what does wrol mean
what is erol

wrol

wrol acronym
wrol erol
wrol guns
wrol meaning

wrol preparation

wrol survival
wrol vs erol
Click on a term to search for related topics.