• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

So, I believe that when shtf, youll only have your edc.

This is a discussion on So, I believe that when shtf, youll only have your edc. within the SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness forums, part of the Use and Training category; If so has it impacted your ccw decision, or other edc items? What is your edc? How do you feel it would fair as your ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness » So, I believe that when shtf, youll only have your edc.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 50068
So, I believe that when shtf, youll only have your edc.

If so has it impacted your ccw decision, or other edc items?

What is your edc? How do you feel it would fair as your only defensive tool for an undetermined time in hostile, unstable environments?

Last edited by kalford; 03-03-2013 at 09:48 AM.
kalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 65001
In the summer (well, most months in Texas) it is a Walther PPS in 9mm in an IWB holster (sometimes with an extra magazine). In the Winter it is a G22 in a shoulder holster with 2 extra full size magazines.

I feel cozy in the winter and comfortable in the summer.

Of course, the above is just firearm related...I carry other items daily.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 22296
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalford View Post
I actually know it, when Im watching things unfold on CNN (hopefully) or stumble across it during my daily activities, the edc is all that will be at hand. Depending on the situation, getting to the safe at home may not even be a viable option. Has anyone else considered this? If so has it impacted your ccw decision, or other edc items?

What is your edc? How do you feel it would fair as your only defensive tool for an undetermined time in hostile, unstable environments?
Yeah, that's why there may and/or may not be an AK + 2 full magazines in my trunk at all times. I have 10 rds of .40S&W to get me there.

the hypothetical 60 rds of 7.62x39 may be enough to get me to my wife and kids.
cce1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 78755
just need enough to take down the threat, then grab their weapon of choice. That being said, I will be EDCing a XDm 3.8 compact, with about 28 rounds of .40 or .357sig to get me past my first threat. From what i have seen it's right on par with most of the other polymer pistols on the market so I am very confident that it will hold up to a combat situation.
Jakemd98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 55448
1)I'll take my pink slip and go home and work in the garden and be glad that I had the foresight to stockpile food and daily necessities to stretch the money in the bank until I can find more income.

or

2) I'll get everyone out of the house and a few things if I have time and head over to the self storage to pick up the motorhome and the extra clothes and food and find a place to park the bus until I can contact the insurance company to repair the fire, flood, or storm damage.

I don't think my SHTF scenario is the same as yours for some reason.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
Worst case, I could swim the river (maybe swim downstream for half the distance) and walk home from work in less than a day. In a "Red Dawn" scenario, I'd probably be SOL as far as having a large cache on hand to battle the Ruskies.
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
XDTalk Member

Member #: 75911
I carry my xd9sc, but I also have my 4" ruger 357 in my BOB. I keep this in my truck along with a few boxes of extra ammo. I'm thinking about keeping a 12ga as well. Hopefully that's enough to get by.
Broke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 68983
i keep my AR in my truck at all times along with 5 full mags and since im a trim carpenter i don't really have to worry about getting to it cause its almost always less the 50 yards away. i work with my dad and we are normally the only ones there and we have our plan to get to my wife and daughter meet up with my mom and sister at our safe place and make a plan from there a few of my like minded friend will be meeting us at the safe place if they can make it safely.

Clarity of thought, before harshness of action. -Starscream.
4eyedfenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 73588
This definitely plays in my EDC considerations as I carry a sling pack with the following every day to work (doesn't stay in the car, stays with me):

LifeStraw water filter
100ft prepped paracord hank
2 person SOL heatsheets blanket (like a more durable space blanket)
State and local map
Cell phone charger
Multitool
EDC flashlight
3 spare batteries
pen and paper
larger knife w/ glassbreaker (not my edc knife)
Hand sanitizer
Sunscreen
Gloves
2 energy bars
Pepper spray
XD 40sc in the concealed carry pocket
Extra 12 round magazine
Plus a couple personal items for every day use

It's basically a get home bag and EDC bag hybrid that I carry on my person. My medkit stays in the car.
WesternHaikus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 23926
So we're assuming this is going to happen during the day? I'll be asleep. I'm a heavy sleeper. In other words, I'm f***ked.

Unless I'm up for some reason. Then I'm GTG

- Ronald Reagan
drs1321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness

Search tags for this page
best edc multitool for shtf
best shtf/ccw gun
concealed weapon better for shtf
edc boots good for shtf?

edc shtf

m&p9 shtf
m&p9 shtf gun

nagant revolver shtf

shootouts during shtf
shtf ccw
shtf concealed carry permit handgun

shtf edc

shtf in alabama
top edc items
walther pps for shtf
www.xd.commy
Click on a term to search for related topics.